CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The first time they bring a playlist back because of its clear popularity and we're not happy about it?

No. Why the hell would I be happy about it seeing as I had 0 games in it the first time.

We have the best forge ever and all these custom options and the best they can do is fiesta?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was just wondering. Is it even possible to get an assist on legendary bosses? I swear it never counts as an assist for me, and I still need the commendation.

No. Why the hell would I be happy about it seeing as I had 0 games in it the first time.

We have the best forge ever and all these custom options and the best they can do is fiesta?

Might come as a shock to you, but Fiesta was fun as hell for a lot of people, myself included. 

I'm sure they're working on other silly weekend playlists - maybe even one that you might actually like, but right now, Fiesta is a fan favourite, one that the community actually liked and probably the first one that actually had a decent population to support that.

I was just wondering. Is it even possible to get an assist on legendary bosses? I swear it never counts as an assist for me, and I still need the commendation.

Yes. The last three people to damage it get a legendary boss medal and the person who deals the killing blow also gets the medal, and the kill.

The whole system is pretty whack. I'd much rather they changed the commendation to boss assists/kills and make it so a boss assist is given to anyone who has dealt damage to it in the past 30 seconds of it being alive.

Might come as a shock to you, but Fiesta was fun as hell for a lot of people, myself included.

I'm sure they're working on other silly weekend playlists - maybe even one that you might actually like, but right now, Fiesta is a fan favourite, one that the community actually liked and probably the first one that actually had a decent population to support that.

It's lazy. Just getting sick of the laziness and the people that support it.

This far into the game and we still haven't seen anything new, any new forge maps in MM, a community slayer/arena list, classic playlist, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's lazy. Just getting sick of the laziness and the people that support it.

I'd much rather they spent their time making new playlists that people want to play than half-assing it, releasing it with a ton of issues and having to pull the playlist to fix it - just like Valentine's Doubles. 

People want Fiesta, it clearly is bringing in the players and probably has decent player retention - much more than something like Doubles would bring.

Halo 5 is a god aweful bad game and it really showcases the limitations of 343.

98b4320a6d0c934a97236535042be786ccbec646

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd much rather they spent their time making new playlists that people want to play than half-assing it, releasing it with a ton of issues and having to pull the playlist to fix it - just like Valentine's Doubles.

People want Fiesta, it clearly is bringing in the players and probably has decent player retention - much more than something like Doubles would bring.

Why does it take them so long to do anything though? Forge has been out for months and so many cool gametypes have been created. Where is action sack?

Why does it take them so long to do anything though? Forge has been out for months and so many cool gametypes have been created. Where is action sack?

I don't know, I don't work for them. Christ, I wish I did. 

If anything, they should take their sweet ass time with Action Sack. I'll never forget Halo 4's action sack. Everyone demanded it, begged for it to come as soon as possible and it eventually drops with three gametypes.

Plus, for whatever reason, they refuse to update the game outside of their monthly updates. 

Overgrowth exploits that takes seconds to fix in forge with invisible blockers (that's literally all they did)? They waited until the next monthly update to add those and left the map broken for weeks. 

I don't even know if they fixed any of the BTB exploits either.

If anything, they should take their sweet ass time with Action Sack. I'll never forget Halo 4's action sack. Everyone demanded it, begged for it to come as soon as possible and it eventually drops with three gametypes.

Plus, for whatever reason, they refuse to update the game outside of their monthly updates.

Overgrowth exploits that takes seconds to fix in forge with invisible blockers (that's literally all they did)? They waited until the next monthly update to add those and left the map broken for weeks.

Nah, literally my first game of Big Team people jumped out of the map. They're still in and it's ridiculous.

If you feel like this why do you get so giddy about all the lazy shit they do?

Yes. The last three people to damage it get a legendary boss medal and the person who deals the killing blow also gets the medal, and the kill.

The whole system is pretty whack. I'd much rather they changed the commendation to boss assists/kills and make it so a boss assist is given to anyone who has dealt damage to it in the past 30 seconds of it being alive.

I'd say so. I always get a Arclight, and do so much damage to the Banshee Legendary and don't get anything for it. It's so frustrating.

Halo 5 is a god aweful bad game and it really showcases the limitations of 343.

98b4320a6d0c934a97236535042be786ccbec646

I would be banned for a post like this. +1

I hate FFA in this and ive always loved it in Halo.

FFA is a perfect demonstration of how all of the issues of Halo 5 hurt gameplay. I almost feel as if mechanics should be tested with FFA rather than 4v4.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

FFA is a perfect demonstration of how all of the issues of Halo 5 hurt gameplay. I almost feel as if mechanics should be tested with FFA rather than 4v4.

Agreed. They failed at that "30 seconds of fun" aspect Bungie used to talk about and FFA demonstrates that very well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree, but all of these problems exist because they fucked up playlists in the first place. Fiesta's fun but people seem to forget we're having to settle for less every single month with very little actually new and no real social. Still missing staples like perm snipers, doubles and infection, no sign of favorites like multiteam, social slayer, classic, oddball (as playlists, compilations or gametypes).

The only reason they havent added those playlists and gametypes is because they fucked them up from day one. Everybody here knew the launch playlists wouldn't hold a mediocre launch pop from shit sales, caused by as game with half its expected launch content. They set themselves up for failure so fucking obviously it dumbfounds me that some people are still riding dick over low quality, low value monthly updates.

Fiesta's great but it will do absolutely nothing to bring us back from this shitshow. Would love to see some high-profile layoffs on the way to Halo 6, nothing personal obviously.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I agree, but all of these problems exist because they fucked up playlists in the first place. Fiesta's fun but people seem to forget we're having to settle for less every single month with very little actually new and no real social. Still missing staples like perm snipers, doubles and infection, no sign of favorites like multiteam, social slayer, classic, oddball (as playlists, compilations or gametypes).

The only reason they havent added those playlists and gametypes is because they fucked them up from day one. Everybody here knew the launch playlists wouldn't hold a mediocre launch pop from shit sales, caused by as game with half its expected launch content. They set themselves up for failure so fucking obviously it dumbfounds me that some people are still riding dick over low quality, low value monthly updates.

Fiesta's great but it will do absolutely nothing to bring us back from this shitshow. Would love to see some high-profile layoffs on the way to Halo 6, nothing personal obviously.

They really thought Warzone was going to take off way more than it did. Too bad they forgot to balance it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh a bit personal tbh when the developers also don't care about their players

And before someone says "BUT HWC" no they don't, you can have a 2m tourney and give the top 1% of players something cool, but you are still fucking over everyone else with these shit playlists and meager offerings.

Hell they're even fucking over competitive players when Team Arena doesn't even have the competitive modes and maps expected, its basically a test playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are so clueless. The Storm Rifle is literally an OP Plasma Rifle and nobody seems to notice it. Literally exactly the same, but with ridiculous health damage. The Plasma Rifle was meant to melt shields and maybe stun, it was never designed to effectively kill from health, because that was it's niche and how it was balanced in the matrix.

Except in Halo 5 we're it's the same as every other auto except with projectiles and overheat. How it should be balanced (and how it's always been balanced) is by castrating it's health damage. Suddenly, it's balanced. Wow. Fucking witchcraft