CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Solo Team Arena is becoming so much worse, not better. I'm unranked, all Oynx on other team, and I get a Gold 4 on my team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solo Team Arena is becoming so much worse, not better. I'm unranked, all Oynx on other team, and I get a Gold 4 on my team.

I knew it was going down hill fast when I started recognizing names that I am playing against/with across 3 different nights at different times. Population is so low.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I knew it was going down hill fast when I started recognizing names that I am playing against/with across 3 different nights at different times. Population is so low.

Loosening skill restriction without implementing party restrictions was the dumbest thing they could do. I'm unranked and I only match Champion teams. When you play with low rank people though you can boost yourself easily. When I solo I only gets champs/onyx, but when I play with my gold/plat friends I match Diamonds at the highest. Such a shitty system.

Proposed solution to the ranking problem. 

First of all, divide Bronze/Silver/Gold/Plantium/Diamond up into numerically equal divisions. No more of this "75% of the player base in Gold/Plantium" bullshit. 

Enable rank drift to accommodate for settling ranks as well as players coming in mid-season. Don't really care if my rank moves up or down as long as I'm getting matched properly. 

MMR is done away with. Each season has a hidden CSR rank instead.

After your placement matches, you are matched by both your divisional rank as well as your hidden seasonal CSR rank which grows with the more games you grind. 

This will cause smurfing/boosting losers to never be able to find games and will better match players who have played more games and are more solidly entrenched in their rank. 

First time playing Torque Strongholds... Holy fuck what a bad map/gametype. I got spartan charged and AR'ed more times than I got shot with a pistol, by a guy with 41 days of playtime in Arena no less. 

AR's and spartan charge and the teammates I am given are going to make me throw my controller into my monitor.  I just cant get over how awful it is, but like a crack addict I always seem to cue up another game. Maybe I will be blessed with decent teammates this time...

*Signs on halo after sometime not playing. Sees there's still radar for some reason in team arena*

Can't compute. I'm hopeful for next hcs season. This game does a lot right but that's the main thing that's making these are off balance. It makes it kind of hard to catch ar holders off guard and win up close unless you crouch or have an automatic yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They need to get rid of multi dimensional radar and keep it so it just shows people on your level if anything. Radar really sucks when you're trying to push high ground and people not only where you are, but what level you're on also.

If anything cross map radar(grenade hitmarkers) need to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seriously?

The first time they bring a playlist back because of its clear popularity and we're not happy about it?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Party restrictions are a must. I come back to this game after a pretty long break and not only am I just pretty bad atm due to not playing but I'm also constantly playing teams of four. Sometimes the same t04 repeatedly. Sure its making me get back in form extra fast having four dudes soaring at me all game while normally nobody on my team says a word but my god I can only imagine what it must be like for new players. Its brutal when you're like 1550 Onyx half your team is Diamond and the other team is a to4 and all champion. Ty to all the random guys and teams of 3 that actually leave party chat and talk even if I don't have my mic in though. 

Really makes me want to go drag people back to their Xbox so I'll actually have a team to search with lol

The first time they bring a playlist back because of its clear popularity and we're not happy about it?

Social and not permanent tho :(
  • Upvote (+1) 2

when they re-release it and call it halo 6

i'm hopeful we will have a complete game by then

I can imagine that since they say the Xbox will become like a PC, the games will become like the games on PC as well. We probably won't get 3 years cycle Halo releases for that much longer. 

Most likely the multiplayer will be updated all the time, and they will release campaign DLC's.

But if they give us forge maps for free now, how will they justify giving it as DLC in the future?

Because it's free!!!!!.../s

Gettin REAL tired of servers determining who wins the game. God the connection in this game is so shitty.

Nice to see 343 haven't learned from MCC lol

It was by far the most fun social playlist they have released. Plus helps a ton with commendations.

I swear to God the only reason people use their mics is to try and shit talk you. I say "Guys go after Catwalk, stop hiding in Red". "Get more than 2 fucking kills you bitch you're fucking awful kill yourself" is the response I get. Says the guy with 0 strongholds capped. Yea it's hard to get more than 2 fucking kills when you are constantly trying to cap catwalk all by your damn self.

This guy had a mic THE WHOLE TIME and that's what he says. That's it. Wow.

Some games I seriously can't even keep my reticle on people. And when I do I don't do any damage. It's getting annoying.

They have learnt the skill of dodging.

Still waiting for the results from the Warzone Assault test ran before Christmas, much like I am still waiting for the MCC thingy Frankie promised us and. my dad to get back from his trip to the diary for milk...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some games I seriously can't even keep my reticle on people. And when I do I don't do any damage. It's getting annoying.

If I was you I would just jump ship already.

If I was you I would just jump ship already.

I'm amazed that I still manage to play this. Gonna have to wait until some new FPS games come out lol.

I swear to God the only reason people use their mics is to try and shit talk you. I say "Guys go after Catwalk, stop hiding in Red". "Get more than 2 fucking kills you bitch you're fucking awful kill yourself" is the response I get. Says the guy with 0 strongholds capped. Yea it's hard to get more than 2 fucking kills when you are constantly trying to cap catwalk all by your damn self.

This guy had a mic THE WHOLE TIME and that's what he says. That's it. Wow.

Nah can, people use their mic just to let you know how fucking loud their new-born kids can cry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah can, people use their mic just to let you know how fucking loud their new-born kids can cry.

Oh God and the people that have full blown conversations without muting their mics suck too. Or the people with really loud game sound. People just suck.