CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I haven't played Halo 5 in months. Have they added oddball yet? What are the good DLC maps. I've played torque a few times and it seems decent. Should I start playing h5 again? How's it holding up?

Yes to oddball. Also came with assault and ricochet.

As for dlc maps. There are no good ones. Torque, riptide, and overgrowth are all ass.

I might jump ship to the new Doom game and make maps over there. Snap map looks insanely powerful.

Already registered over at doom forums lol

3 words.

Mousedananddankeyboard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes to oddball. Also came with assault and ricochet.

As for dlc maps. There are no good ones. Torque, riptide, and overgrowth are all ass.

I like torque :(

I haven't played Halo 5 in months. Have they added oddball yet? What are the good DLC maps. I've played torque a few times and it seems decent. Should I start playing h5 again? How's it holding up?

I suggest to move on. There's no oddball, there are no good dlc maps and you will learn to hate torque.

Just talked to a forger who joined my party and said "just spent $70 on that new req pack"

I thought he was joking at first. He wasn't lol. I asked him if he had a job

"Oh well it was just my birthday money anyways. Plus I got all the skins I wanted. I've probably spent about $600 total on halo 5 by now."

I wanted to strangle somebody lol. Like how. What compels people to spend that much.

yeah honestly, If he's using birthday money I don't have a problem, it's his birthday, I'd just let him do what he wants. Man I wish I still got money for my birthday...

Maybe they like doing it?

As much as i loathe REQ packs, i'm not gonna "strangle somebody" for buying one....their money

It plerplexes me though. How could you spend your money soooooo poorly and think that's okay. The value for money is so poor compared to literally anything else $2. But buying a pack or two occasionally is alright, the problem is spending hundreds supporting a horrible industry practice. Literally wiping your ass with that money would be better value, at the very least aim for something that will benefit yourself or someone else. A new microwave, a ps4, a new set of speakers, some astros. New shoes, limited edition vinyl, software, a holiday. How bout a fucking charity? lol, I'm sure they're a bit more deserving then 343 and microsoft.

Maybe because I've never been wealthy but money has value at every amount. Instead of being careless and wasting hundreds on virtual rng maybe consider getting the most out of it rather then nothing, as well as giving it to the people who need it the least.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They are all amazing skins, even the UNSC ones, that should give something for the people who hate fun skins and want realistic weapon skins with their rainbow coloured power armour soldiers.

The Blue Team magnum is my fave, and the ODST AR is my favourite Assault rifle.

So I shouldn't buy the pack if I'm still on silvers right? Dammit

You shouldn't, yeah. I'd advise only buying it when you're done all your REQ's, unless you feel like taking an 80K gamble. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like torque :(

Torque flag is bearable, but it is still the worst flag map in the game. I actually think Riptide is better than Torque......

• Upvote (+1) 1

It plerplexes me though. How could you spend your money soooooo poorly and think that's okay. The value for money is so poor compared to literally anything else $2. But buying a pack or two occasionally is alright, the problem is spending hundreds supporting a horrible industry practice. Literally wiping your ass with that money would be better value, at the very least aim for something that will benefit yourself or someone else. A new microwave, a ps4, a new set of speakers, some astros. New shoes, limited edition vinyl, software, a holiday. How bout a fucking charity? lol, I'm sure they're a bit more deserving then 343 and microsoft.

Maybe because I've never been wealthy but money has value at every amount. Instead of being careless and wasting hundreds on virtual rng maybe consider getting the most out of it rather then nothing, as well as giving it to the people who need it the least.

whether it's poor or not really doesn't matter IMO, people can spend their money the way they want, if they want to spend it on stupid shit they enjoy, well they enjoy it so we shouldn't stop them, and it's not like that money is going to the mob or anything, in the grand scheme of the world it's incredibly trivial.

I just played a set of matches with a bunch of Beyond members.

I have never tried so hard in my life and I still got thrashed for most of the games. It was really fun though.

It's nice to see 343 making proper skins for once

I have to say that it is pretty difficult to have any desire to play this game when as a Diamond, paired with 3 other Diamonds, I get matched against a Champion and an Onyx 1700ish.

Great job, 343.

Well, Halo Wars being backwards compatible managed to haul me from this game. Got all the new REQ's, so, no stress in a Halo 5 break.

Seriously? I'm a preview member. If I search the game on the xbox one store, halo wars doesn't show up for me. I did not own the game previously but I'd like to be able to play it.

It should show up, right, because they added the option to buy games via xbox one now.

Seriously? I'm a preview member. If I search the game on the xbox one store, halo wars doesn't show up for me. I did not own the game previously but I'd like to be able to play it.

It should show up, right, because they added the option to buy games via xbox one now.

I believe that they only show up once officially supported. Work around is to just go buy it on xbox.com for the 360 and it will appear in your downloads.

Has 343 said how many more arena DLC maps there are going to be? And if they will stop using the same fucking pieces on every map. Torque still uses the same pipes/walls scheme as every other map. And why do they have such a hard time designing halo style maps. Why are so many of the maps segmented with no sight lines and asymmetrical. Just makes a bunch of different colosseum style maps ffs. Good sight lines and symmetrical. Who thought overgrowth was a good idea?

• Upvote (+1) 6

It should just show it in your ready to install list. Then again, I installed it via disc after updating the Preview Dash. That may have had something to do with it.