CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Maybe they like doing it?

As much as i loathe REQ packs, i'm not gonna "strangle somebody" for buying one....their money

I usually have this kind of mindset, but holy crap. It's just so fucking pointless. Like if you have all this extra money laying around that you clearly have 0 need for go give it to a charity or a homeless person or something. I just can't imagine spending all kinds of money on video game armour and not feeling like total shit afterwards. It's like the ultimate gluttonous indulgence.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

You have to buy another pack these aren't available from regular gold packs.

That blows. I got a helmet and body variant of Helioskrill in the two packs that I bought. Why couldn't this pack have been like the first HWC pack where it only unlocked other cosmetics AFTER the featured cosmetics were unlocked? *grumbles*

I usually have this kind of mindset, but holy crap. It's just so fucking pointless. Like if you have all this extra money laying around that you clearly have 0 need for go give it to a charity or a homeless person or something. I just can't imagine spending all kinds of money on video game armour and not feeling like total shit afterwards. It's like the ultimate gluttonous indulgence.

Playing video games as a whole is gluttonous indulgence haha, not like this is a new concept

I just think that i'll live and let live; at the very least, these guys are doing something for the competitive budget/prize pool, so hey, there's that

Playing video games as a whole is gluttonous indulgence haha, not like this is a new concept

I just think that i'll live and let live; at the very least, these guys are doing something for the competitive budget/prize pool, so hey, there's that

Ya but when you buy a game, you get a...game.

Skins and stuff don't actually do anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who cares.

Clearly does something for the people who bought em

Besides, these people aren't wasting their money, they most likely are invested in the game anyway, so there's that

Its helping the HWC which is cool, I like the developers actually doing shit for Halo competitive even though I think this game has a shit ton of faults at comp level (radar, grenade hitmarkers, autos, etc)

Idk... I think its weird personally but i'd never judge them for buying packs

Maybe they like doing it?

As much as i loathe REQ packs, i'm not gonna "strangle somebody" for buying one....their money

Well I wasn't angry so much as dumbfounded. I don't dislike the guy, it's just like... You can do SO much with $600 lol. Like I just can't imagine spending that.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

My money, my choice. I do my part and contribute plenty elsewhere but how I spend my disposable and discretionary funds is none of your concern.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I work 30+ hours a week. I work from 11:30 AM to 7:30 PM. I have hardly any time for gaming. If I want to spend money on a game then I should be allowed to. I pay for my games, wifi, and my phone bill. Theres no reason I shouldn't spend an extra 3 dollars on a game I love.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hit a milestone that I never thought I'd call a milestone.

An Eden game. On my 63rd Team Arena match. One in 63.

No one is saying you aren't allowed to buy these packs guys, damn. We are however going to tell you how ridiculous it is though. 

Eat McDonalds for every meal, no is is going to stop you but some people might tell you how dumb that is. Just the way it is. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I can't fathom someone paying $600 for the content that Halo 5 offers. 

90% of the skins, emblems, and armor are just awful...and then there's the concept of paying to load up on consumables. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I just hit a milestone that I never thought I'd call a milestone.

An Eden game. On my 63rd Team Arena match. One in 63.

Well, that's because there's so many damn maps! 343 shipped with like 100 and so far they've added even more so be thankful you got to play on Eden at all. 

/s 

I might jump ship to the new Doom game and make maps over there. Snap map looks insanely powerful.

Already registered over at doom forums lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't fathom someone paying $600 for the content that Halo 5 offers. 

90% of the skins, emblems, and armor are just awful...and then there's the concept of paying to load up on consumables. 

I can't fathom a lot of stuff on this forum but the world continues to spin

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I wasn't angry so much as dumbfounded. I don't dislike the guy, it's just like... You can do SO much with $600 lol. Like I just can't imagine spending that.

It's stupid spending. I'm not mad at the guy either but I'd def call him stupid. I spent a stupid amount of money on Runescape when I would play back in the day. If you called me stupid back then I wouldn't even be offended cuz it's true lol.

I can't fathom a lot of stuff on this forum but the world continues to spin

I can't even fathom. No seriously, I suck at that map.

jk it's actually my favorite map

Aren't you the same person who argued for armor customization against me? I may be mistaken, which is why I'm not accusing, just curious, because I swear it was you.

Aren't you the same person who argued for armor customization against me? I may be mistaken, which is why I'm not accusing, just curious, because I swear it was you.

But having armor customization =/= paying for cosmetics. halo 3 didn't have it, reach didn't, etc
  • Upvote (+1) 5

But having armor customization =/= paying for cosmetics. halo 3 didn't have it, reach didn't, etc

I know, but the point he made was "skins and stuff don't actually do anything". Don't give a shit about paying.

Take off your nostalgia glasses bro! 

I might jump ship to the new Doom game and make maps over there. Snap map looks insanely powerful.

Already registered over at doom forums lol

Yaaaas bitch

However im a bit scared since there are no outdoors maps :/

I know, but the point he made was "skins and stuff don't actually do anything". Don't give a shit about paying.

Well thats the crux of the argument....he's saying they dont do anything BUT you pay for them now.

I dont care for people buying req packs but his point makes sense

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't even fathom. No seriously, I suck at that map.

jk it's actually my favorite map

tumblr_mczxsfyXR51qlpk58o1_400.gif