CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Your statement was "I joined TB before I joined 343, so obviously I'm not biased". 

Which is ridiculous. 

It was a joke. Everyone is obviously biased in some way - the point I was making was that there was some balance. Quinn Delhoyo even made a joke to me my first week about how my opinions were invalid because of my Team Beyond bias. Calm down.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What was your GT during h3?

I was an MLG 50 and can barely hang in the 1900-2000 Onyx Bracket . This game skill gap is extremely superior to H3, just in terms of map movement the bar is too high.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

If anything would create bias, that is literally it. 

The world's not nearly that black and white. :P

Quinn Delhoyo even made a joke to me my first week about how my opinions were invalid because of my Team Beyond bias.

Interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For real though, smart move on 343's part offering a free REQ pack for watching. They will be able to claim really high numbers and interest for Halo 5 after this.

Or they can gain new viewers that otherwise would not have tuned in to the stream. They better put a good show, a lot of new potential viewers will be watching.

I was an MLG 50 and can barely hang in the 1900-2000 Onyx Bracket . This game skill gap is extremely superior to H3, just in terms of map movement the bar is too high.

Because people don't think let me poke a hole in your argument. Do you think that a stricter ranking system affects this in anyway?

The skill gap of a game =/ your rank in the ranking system. 

It's why 343 changed the ranking system. It was one of their arguments. All 50's were good, but not all 50's were good. 

Also, when the skill gap is lower you will have a harder time ranking up, and you need to rely on teammates more. Maybe that is a reason as well?

The old times of waypoint when I actually put some effort into discussing .. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd be willing to bet that more new viewers are going to put the stream on the background to unlock the REQ pack than actually watch it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because people don't think let me poke a hole in your argument. Do you think that a stricter ranking system affects this in anyway?

The skill gap of a game =/ your rank in the ranking system.

It's why 343 changed the ranking system. It was one of their arguments. All 50's were good, but not all 50's were good.

50 in mlg was the highest ranking in H3, so you played the best players in the game, and i can assure you that the best players in H3 didn't had the tools to separate themselves from me like they do in H5 . In H3 I would lose and do bad vs good players in H5 i get destroyed.

What was your GT during h3?

http://halo.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=Cows%20say%20meeeow

I was pretty bad, still am in this game. Played the game casually and competed in Smash bros, I'm basically a Reach Kid. It's not like I got really good with h5 either. Every qualifier I signed up for I got knocked out in the match for top 64 to teams I didn't even know and have been out placed by teams that have been duly noted as sub par and were called out as easy win teams. Not to mention most of the time I'm always the weak link of my teams lol. I don't think I'm good with this game if that's your impression of me (which I know you called me out on for some reason).

Edit: my problems with h3 are factual reasons where tank doesn't really matter. Like the H3 BR being random, I don't think you can really argue "dude the BR isn't random" like you can argue with H5 ARs not being possibly OP. I value games that aren't inherently random unlike Reach '11 and h3

Quinn Delhoyo even made a joke to me my first week about how my opinions were invalid because of my Team Beyond bias.

That doesn't sound promising for those trying to offer 343i feedback on this forum.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That doesn't sound promising for those trying to offer 343i feedback on this forum.

Its a good thing 343 doesn't come here then!

50 in mlg was the highest ranking in H3, so you played the best players in the game, and i can assure you that the best players in H3 didn't had the tools to separate themselves from me like they do in H5 . In H3 I would lose and do bad vs good players in H5 i get destroyed.

I checked around 4 games on your first Halo 3 page. 

http://halo.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1847323769&player=Igs%20cubanex

You can't be anymore beat than that.

He worked on H5...

If anything would create bias, that is literally it. 

Did you even know his position at 343? He was nowhere near a design department outside of play labs...

He is literally a person who has shared similar views to you all and had eyes to what goes on in the development process. That's as objective as it gets

• Upvote (+1) 1

I checked around 4 games on your first Halo 3 page.

http://halo.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1847323769&player=Igs%20cubanex

But then again, everyone was beat like that from time to time because the game actually had a skill gap.

In 2011, you didn't have 50 in either MLG or Dubs.

I loved Halo3 to death, my most played game ever. But the game was pretty easy, and a nightmare if you had a crappy connection (Costa Rica 512/256 kb). All you had to do was teamshot stuff and move forward. I love how people here hate on H5 so much and don't even play the game let alone play it at a high level.

http://halo.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=Cows%20say%20meeeow

I was pretty bad, still am in this game. Played the game casually and competed in Smash bros, I'm basically a Reach Kid. It's not like I got really good with h5 either. Every qualifier I signed up for I got knocked out in the match for top 64 to teams I didn't even know and have been out placed by teams that have been duly noted as sub par and were called out as easy win teams. Not to mention most of the time I'm always the weak link of my teams lol. I don't think I'm good with this game if that's your impression of me (which I know you called me out on for some reason).

Edit: my problems with h3 are factual reasons where tank doesn't really matter. Like the H3 BR being random, I don't think you can really argue "dude the BR isn't random" like you can argue with H5 ARs not being possibly OP. I value games that aren't inherently random unlike Reach '11 and h3

There are pros and cons to both games. I just find it hard to value the opinion of people who are clearly bias due to sucking at one game and bring great at another (you're much better at h5 than h3).

Obviously the competitiveness of H5 is going to feel much higher than h3 when you're onyx in H5 and a colonial grade 68 in h3.

Is there any way to view Halo 5 population for specific dates? Or because of the player counter removal is that dream buried? 

I love how people get at each others throats in this thread. 

giphy.gif

Still not forgiving 343 tho. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Is there any way to view Halo 5 population for specific dates? Or because of the player counter removal is that dream buried?

I know there was a guy on reddit thay was doing constant reads of the open API to get playlist populations hourly. Idk if that's still a thing though.

Saw this on the Destiny subreddit, figured I would share with you fools since it just makes me think of Halo so damn much.<3

Marty O' Donnell composed "Music of the Spheres," a 48 minute piece that was supposed to be a musical prelude to Destiny.

A fan managed to gather 42 minutes of this music using every public source available, and while the quality isn't perfect, god damn is it INCREDIBLE. Here's the download:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIwOnNaY5CKH-ys&cid=F4E12904A8CD9B7F&id=F4E12904A8CD9B7F%21117&parId=F4E12904A8CD9B7F%21105&action=locate

Imagine music like this in modern Halo.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Saw this on the Destiny subreddit, figured I would share with you fools since it just makes me think of Halo so damn much.<3

Marty O' Donnell composed "Music of the Spheres," a 48 minute piece that was supposed to be a musical prelude to Destiny.

A fan managed to gather 42 minutes of this music using every public source available, and while the quality isn't perfect, god damn is it INCREDIBLE. Here's the download:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIwOnNaY5CKH-ys&cid=F4E12904A8CD9B7F&id=F4E12904A8CD9B7F%21117&parId=F4E12904A8CD9B7F%21105&action=locate

Imagine music like this in modern Halo.  :walshy:

Destiny's soundtrack was excellent and this piece is really good, however what Jinnouchi wrote for H5 is also fantastic and IMO is a worthy successor of Marty's work.