CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is there any topic in particular anyone would like to hear discussed in a podcast? Ive talked to cT and Hardy Lebel both about doing a podcast and they're both down.

Talk about why every gun being easy and viable is how you achieve perfect balance. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is there any topic in particular anyone would like to hear discussed in a podcast? Ive talked to cT and Hardy Lebel both about doing a podcast and they're both down.

Would love some Forge talk.

I can show you the ropes. There's lots of documentation floating around. 3ds max is very robust but once you get a handle on it you pretty much have total freedom in terms of creating a 3D space. Big step up from placing stuff in Forge, and probably faster too.

Join my Discord group and we can chat about it, forums and PM probably isn't the best format to learn something so heavy.

I'd like to chat as well sometime. One of my Engineer subjects this year is making a game, but were really just coding, and taking the models from the asset store or online. I am going to learn modeling as well though. Me and my friend is going to work on a game in the Summer so expect a one level Halo clone around August or something. 

I wish I didn't win my last FFA game. I need 3 more games to get a placement but I can't find anyone.

It's actually amazing how many bad players there are on Halo 5, particularly Warzone and Warzone Assault, these are probably the same people that think the weapon balance is "perfect" and "the most balanced Halo ever"

The weapon balance is perfect to me. Gt is the same as my name here if you want to stalk me. Its also the most balanced Halo ever to me because Halo 5 is my 1st Halo

• Downvote (-1) 9

The weapon balance is perfect to me. Gt is the same as my name here if you want to stalk me. Its also the most balanced Halo ever to me because Halo 5 is my 1st Halo

Tell me more

Honestly my ideal UI layout would:

• Halo Reach overall menu structure
  • Halo 3 Service Record and File Browser (which was implemented into each service record along with Bungie's favorites)
  • With Halo 5 Playlist selection screen. 

The one thing I give a plus to on H5's UI is the playlist screen, I actually like coming to the arena screen and seeing all the ranks and along with each playlist. The playlist themselves are a different story, but the structure itself is definitely good.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Riiiiiight...

Its also the most balanced Halo ever to me because Halo 5 is my 1st Halo

That explains everything then.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How hard is it to make a proper 'Mute All' button? I don't want to hear some dude talk to his wife when I'm playing Warzone.

How hard is it to make a proper 'Mute All' button? I don't want to hear some dude talk to his wife when I'm playing Warzone.

Aside from the random moments of it not working in game:

0728ca4f7ceba2af79d886b423dbd7d0.png

Or go into a party. 

For the first time in months I was actually having fun.

The skill gap in UT4 is crazy.

Then I get back on H5 and get AR'd by an idiot running in a straight line.

image_zps0qwk1x1f.jpeg

Figured it's time for a new GT anyways.

What do you want to know?

How you could possibly think the weapon balance in H5 is anything short of pure shit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Honestly my ideal UI layout would:

• Halo Reach overall menu structure
  • Halo 3 Service Record and File Browser (which was implemented into each service record along with Bungie's favorites)
  • With Halo 5 Playlist selection screen. 

The one thing I give a plus to on H5's UI is the playlist screen, I actually like coming to the arena screen and seeing all the ranks and along with each playlist. The playlist themselves are a different story, but the structure itself is definitely good.

What do you think of the separation between the Warzone and Arena lists? An easy way to kill a redundant screen would be to display both categories underneath a single "Matchmaking" or "Multiplayer heading in a simple two column layout.

Is having an entire screen for the two Warzone lists necessary? Plus having to wait through a loading screen and the slow fade in of the main menu just to switch playlist categories is very cumbersome imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

can we get rid of Perfect Kills on the stat screen, and put back Longest Streak? I find that more interesting than Perfect Kills

Also i play on 3 sens - 1acc - 0 inner and outer. The problem i have is up close battles with ARs or storm rifles where i cant turn fast enough even though i am moving the controller all the way. Should I put inner % up?

Halo 5's matchmaking is so bad. I hate the fact that I go against to3+ in Slayer whatever that shit is never going to get fixed, but the thing that confuses me is how I keep on matching the same to3+ for 3-5 games in a row? Has the game died off so much that I am matching the same people searching Slayer? 343i has not addressed this issue since Halo 4, and I don't see them ever fixing this issue because I guess they aren't getting enough microtransactions to pay the the matchmaking group to fix this fucking problem. 

/rant over

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5's matchmaking is so bad. I hate the fact that I go against to3+ in Slayer whatever that shit is never going to get fixed, but the thing that confuses me is how I keep on matching the same to3+ for 3-5 games in a row? Has the game died off so much that I am matching the same people searching Slayer? 343i has not addressed this issue since Halo 4, and I don't see them ever fixing this issue because I guess they aren't getting enough microtransactions to pay the the matchmaking group to fix this fucking problem.

/rant over

According to 343 Halo 5 retains players just fine.

Halo 3 is the only halo that's been higher.

Even though I seriously doubt a game that struggles to stay in the top 10 can make that claim.

Even though I seriously doubt a game that struggles to stay in the top 10 can make that claim.

"According to 343" Halo 5 is the best Halo game ever made. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Retaining a certain percentage of players who play means nothing when your player base is 25% of what it used to be imo. Woo! After our abysmal sales a large percentage of a small number decided to stick around boys! Obviously I don't know that for a fact but looking at the most popular games I'm almost certain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please make a separate thread for this, 4000 pages deep in the Halo 5 thread may not be best for exposure.