CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I see the Reach UI get praised all the time, even more-so after 343's shitty attempts of a UI in Halo 4 & 5. And it's funny that UI complaints were never even a thing in the Halo community before Halo 4. If 343 could just spend less time trying to be so damn artsy and epic all the time with their menus and more time making an organized and functional layout, UI complaints would still not be a thing.

It's incredible that Reach had a wide variety of more features than Halo 5 (file share, file searching, full fledged Theater mode, Firefight), yet Reach was still considerable quicker to navigate and had double the information on the screen, and it still looked elegant.

You're probably just too young to grasp the subtle nuance of it all.

31571666.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they only are showing only emblems there because everyone quit or avoided better players in MCC. That is their fix. 

What's funny is that if people are going to quit to avoid someone, they'll quit when the game starts anyway.  If they quit from the lobby, there would at least be a chance for the server to fill the now empty spot before the game actually starts.

The emblem grid really solves nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I see the Reach UI get praised all the time, even more-so after 343's shitty attempts of a UI in Halo 4 & 5. And it's funny that UI complaints were never even a thing in the Halo community before Halo 4. If 343 could just spend less time trying to be so damn artsy and epic all the time with their menus and more time making an organized and functional layout, UI complaints would still not be a thing.

It's incredible that Reach had a wide variety of more features than Halo 5 (file share, file searching, full fledged Theater mode, Firefight), yet Reach was still considerable quicker to navigate and had double the information on the screen, and it still looked elegant.

The only UI sin reach committed was the file shares were buried pretty deep and visually off putting compared to H3. I remember in h3 once you found a match you'd spend a minute looking through everyone's pictures and stuff because they were funny and easily accessible. I never could do that in Reach. File shares should be front and center imo when you click on someone's name

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wait what's wrong here lol

Me being unranked against 4 Onyx's with bad teammates.

Oh that, yeah that sucks. I just play only when I have a group, even in other Halos I didn't like that my rank is made by possible 3 other players.

To be fair, placement matches should ideally give you a wide range of experiences to really gauge where you should be placed. I've never felt cheated by losing placement matches like that, or even losing them in general in any game. They're placement matches for a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You were nearly an Onyx yourself last season though and 2 of your teammates were also Onyx.  The only guy that stands out is the Plat 6, who by chance is now a Onyx in Slayer and Arena, as well as Champ#62 in Social Snipers (LOLOLOLOL)

Doesn't seem like the matchmaking parameters are that far off honestly, just a bad game.

Oh that, yeah that sucks. I just play only when I have a group, even in other Halos I didn't like that my rank is made by possible 3 other players.

I would like to play with people off this forum but like I said on my last posts I have 1MB Download so there's no guarantee I wont horribly lag/disconnect and just do terrible, I don't want to be the teammate that makes the team lose, unfortunately there's no Social Slayer without MMR playlist so there's nothing for me to really do on this game, would love someone from 343 to come here and suggest how I'm supposed to have fun on their game but they'd fail to come up with anything.

You were nearly an Onyx yourself last season though and 2 of your teammates were also Onyx. The only guy that stands out is the Plat 6, who by chance is now a Onyx in Slayer and Arena, as well as Champ#62 in Social Snipers (LOLOLOLOL)

Doesn't seem like the matchmaking parameters are that far off honestly, just a bad game.

I don't know if what you've just mentioned makes me feel better or worse, but that screenshot is exactly what caused me to be Platinum 5 in Team Arena...

Edit: Is there a way to multiquote on mobile? I want to respond to people but not take up the whole thread with my personal experience with the game.

I don't know if what you've just mentioned makes me feel better or worse, but that screenshot is exactly what caused me to be Platinum 5 in Team Arena...

Edit: Is there a way to multiquote on mobile? I want to respond to people but not take up the whole thread with my personal experience with the game.

On the bottom of the page you can select view full site.  That will bring up the layout as if you were on PC with multiquote and everything. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any topic in particular anyone would like to hear discussed in a podcast? Ive talked to cT and Hardy Lebel both about doing a podcast and they're both down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to play with people off this forum but like I said on my last posts I have 1MB Download so there's no guarantee I wont horribly lag/disconnect and just do terrible, I don't want to be the teammate that makes the team lose, unfortunately there's no Social Slayer without MMR playlist so there's nothing for me to really do on this game, would love someone from 343 to come here and suggest how I'm supposed to have fun on their game but they'd fail to come up with anything.

If it's anything you can add me. I seriously give no shits about my rank and the rest of my friends don't either. And if they did they would switch to their alts so none of us mind. We also do somewhat sweaty customs if you're interested

GT- xWicked Swami.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any topic in particular anyone would like to hear discussed in a podcast? Ive talked to cT and Hardy Lebel both about doing a podcast and they're both down.

going balls deep on map design concepts and theory, really advanced shit. Also a big thing for me is talking about how the maps for each Halo game worked for their  own mechanics, and why they don't for other Halo's.

going balls deep on map design concepts and theory, really advanced shit. Also a big thing for me is talking about how the maps for each Halo game worked for their own mechanics, and why they don't for other Halo's.

That works for Hardy but I don't think cT is interested in map design so much as game design. I might have to go with a really general over arching topic here

Oh my god this is a fucking fusion of badass

one idea I have is to take maps and pick them apart; explain what they do right, what they do wrong, and solutions to fix them. Focus on how to empower a specific game's mechanics and how they work inside those maps

Take maps across different games, like Quake, Halo, CS;GO, etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone on this forum have experience with the program used to make CE maps?

I can show you the ropes. There's lots of documentation floating around. 3ds max is very robust but once you get a handle on it you pretty much have total freedom in terms of creating a 3D space. Big step up from placing stuff in Forge, and probably faster too.

Join my Discord group and we can chat about it, forums and PM probably isn't the best format to learn something so heavy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's anything you can add me. I seriously give no shits about my rank and the rest of my friends don't either. And if they did they would switch to their alts so none of us mind. We also do somewhat sweaty customs if you're interested

GT- xWicked Swami.

Thanks for the gesture, I should mention that along with my terrible connection I'm also from the UK, so I'm not sure how viable it would be for us to play together if you live in the US, I'll add you anyways.

Thanks for the gesture, I should mention that along with my terrible connection I'm also from the UK, so I'm not sure how viable it would be for us to play together if you live in the US, I'll add you anyways.

No worries I play with a few UK friends (though they have better connections) but we'll see. 

- The concept of a utility weapon and what it entails for the rest of the sandbox, and game in general.

(Don't know how to word this too well) but - The importance of a good matchmaking system as a whole for the longevity of the game, and what that includes etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2