CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm really tempted to build a map on, or with the Breakout canvas, as I absolutely love it, but I have no idea what to build, or where to gain inspiration from. Any ideas, videos or the like?

Isolation
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why not remake a version of chill out or damnation with the breakout pallete?

Why not remake a version of chill out or damnation with the breakout pallete?

Nope not Chill Out, guarantee you the window in pink hallway will be fucked up if she remakes it

Just want to give my quick experience with Gamebattles;

I sign up for a tournament at around 7pm that started at 8pm.  Since the tournament had went up, the prizes were advertised at $170 for first, $80 for second, and $40 for third.

Fast forward a few hours, I get 3rd place, and am under the impression that I won $40. Sure as shit, I check the prize screen, and it says $40 for third place.

I'm about 10 minutes into making an account so that I can take an electronic payment, wondering why I haven't got a "prize claim" message. I check the prize screen, and imagine my surprise when the prizes are listed at $145 for first place, and nothing for second and third.

Holy fuck. I get that less people signed up for the tournament than expected, but how the hell are the prizes getting changed after the tournament is finished?

edit: Forget me. I feel bad for the guy who got 1st place in the original final game, then had to replay only to get fourth because there were no pistol secondaries in the original match. Fuck me, we were all talking in a party chat about how none of us even tried to switch weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just want to give my quick experience with Gamebattles;

I sign up for a tournament at around 7pm that started at 8pm.  Since the tournament had went up, the prizes were advertised at $170 for first, $80 for second, and $40 for third.

Fast forward a few hours, I get 3rd place, and am under the impression that I won $40. Sure as shit, I check the prize screen, and it says $40 for third place.

I'm about 10 minutes into making an account so that I can take an electronic payment, wondering why I haven't got a "prize claim" message. I check the prize screen, and imagine my surprise when the prizes are listed at $145 for first place, and nothing for second and third.

Holy fuck. I get that less people signed up for the tournament than expected, but how the hell are the prizes getting changed after the tournament is finished?

That's really shit, dude. Next time you go into GB, you should screen-cap the prizes, just in case it happens again, and call them out on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played Torque for the first time and I already hate it.

Gamebattles

That's still a thing? I haven't been there since my Rainbow Six days.

Played Torque for the first time and I already hate it.

That's still a thing? I haven't been there since my Rainbow Six days.

all of the cod kids seem to be really into it.

I figured we were all trying to be like them...

Matched h0lmb0m and his squad of 5 in social snipes. Did pretty well but naturally my randoms crapped the cot.

I'm telling you right now that 90% of Halo 5's population consists of players that hold the controller upside down. I can't think of any other reason that players above rank 100 can go double negative in Warzone. I could do better with only a suppressor.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm telling you right now that 90% of Halo 5's population consists of players that hold the controller upside down. I can't think of any other reason that players above rank 100 can go double negative in Warzone. I could do better with only a suppressor.

It's actually amazing how many bad players there are on Halo 5, particularly Warzone and Warzone Assault, these are probably the same people that think the weapon balance is "perfect" and "the most balanced Halo ever"

Its actually amazing how many bad players there are on Halo 5, particularly Warzone, these are probably the same people that think the weapon balance is "perfect" and "the most balanced Halo ever"

That's how it always is sadly. Just head on over to Waypoint, or any video game forum for that matter. People just love to have strong opinions on things they hasn't actually looked into and it sucks.

What really amazes me though, is that even with such a low population there are still SO MANY BAD PLAYERS.

That's how it always is sadly. Just head on over to Waypoint, or any video game forum for that matter. People just love to have strong opinions on things they hasn't actually looked into and it sucks.

What really amazes me though, is that even with such a low population there are still SO MANY BAD PLAYERS.

I play on 1MB download and still come top 3 with ease, even when a good %30 of my bullets don't connect and my inputs are 1-2 whole seconds delayed on the other persons screen, I've just played 2 Warzone Assault matches and I already feel completely infuriated because of terrible teammates and feel like coming off the game, what am I supposed to do, play ranked solo on this connection? Where's the casual/social/non MMR playlists that don't require me to rely on 11 other morons on my team to have any chance at some "fun" on this fucking game.

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 1

I play on 1MB download and still come top 3 with ease, even when a good %30 of my bullets don't connect and my inputs are 1-2 whole seconds delayed on the other persons screen, I've just played 2 Warzone Assault matches and I already feel completely infuriated and feel like coming off the game, what am I supposed to do, play ranked solo on this connection? Where's the casual/social/non MMR playlists that don't require me to rely on 11 other morons on my team to have any chance at some "fun" on this fucking game.

/rant

Ahhh sounds just like me when the game first came out. Yea that frustration isn't gonna go away until they add a social list. Assault was the best playlist I have ever played so far. I actually think assault plays better 5v5 because 4v4 always ends 0-0.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Tried searching in the FFA playlist last night and ended up getting an error saying that 'there may not be enough players to support this playlist' message, which is interesting since straight after that I searched some Halo 1 on MCC and pretty much instantly got a game haha. Same thing happened when I tried the FFA playlist again this morning; no games, same message and again, found a game pretty quick on MCC searching doubles straight after...

Would be really interesting to see what the population is tbh.

I'm still getting this issue even during peak hours, its actually stopping me from playing the game.

Ahhh sounds just like me when the game first came out. Yea that frustration isn't gonna go away until they add a social list. Assault was the best playlist I have ever played so far. I actually think assault plays better 5v5 because 4v4 always ends 0-0.

I don't mean to go on about it because most people don't want to hear someone complain about their personal experience which is fair enough, but I just want to hop on and play some Halo, I've got bad connection so I choose the most "casual" playlist, Warzone Assault, and just get stomped and spawn killed by the other team because:

1.Teammates don't know how to hold an Xbox controller

2.Horrible spawning

3.Terrible maps that weren't suited for the gametype

It also frustrates me that this season I'm a Platinum 5 in Team Arena because I play solo on bad connection, even though I'm fairly comfortable stomping Onyx's at a friends house, I was Platinum 6 but got deranked because I matched a team on Strongholds Overgrowth, despite me having most kills/least death/most captures/most secures out of everyone in the match.

Sorry for ranting so much I know nobody cares but I feel I do well despite my situation and just get slapped in the face because the game offers no alternatives, I just feel so frustrated and needed to let off some steam.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GameBattles 06/07 was the shit. As archaic as it was, I miss their layout back then haha.

gb.jpg_zpslnvj7yaa.png

That young StrongSide getting that $250,000 contract though lol. ^_^  (At the bottom).

Holy shit nostalgia.... How old am I?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm amazed so many people here like warzone so much. I played some halo 3 btb and it was pretty fun, reach it was horrible, h4 is was disgustingly bad and haven't even played a h5 btb game. I tried two games of warzone and think it is just as bad.

What is the big appeal of it to everyone?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm amazed so many people here like warzone so much. I played some halo 3 btb and it was pretty fun, reach it was horrible, h4 is was disgustingly bad and haven't even played a h5 btb game. I tried two games of warzone and think it is just as bad.

It's the only social playlist. That's about it.

I don't even know to be honest. It's fun as hell to run with some friends and use some dope ass weapons.