CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah, cause you're turning into a fucking demon.

So what? They're still unnecessarily long.

Looks like a map I would see in Titanfall.

It kind of reminded me of Boneyard with the color palette and the ship that was on the campaign level. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what? They're still unnecessarily long.

I see it as the Doom equivalent of getting into a vehicle. It's the exception, not the rule. And it wasn't what I was referencing to begin with.

If you look at the part of the trailer I quoted, you'll see a player picking up Quad Damage with no interfering animation. Other gameplay footage shows players picking up Health and Armor with no animations. That's more like classic Halo than Halo 5's cumbersome pick-up animation which was inserted into the game for the sake of change.

Doom may not end up being an exceptional game at the end of the day, but from what I've seen, it at least appears to encourage movement, aggression, and flow. Which is something I want to see more of in games, and what Halo really needs to get back to imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doom 4 MP resembles Halo more than any other IP out there. The movement, pacing, jumping, all resemble Halo to the T. Yes, there are loadouts and the weapons are different of course, but if you're a Halo fan, you'll likely be a Doom 4 fan. The biggest detriments are loadouts and the "monster" pick up. The rest is solid for a Halo game. Now if you're expecting a Doom game from Doom 4, I would dodge it like the plague to save yourself the stress.

I wouldn't count on the game's longevity though. If id has proven anything in their history, it's that they can't support a game if their company's reputation depended on it (which it has). We'll see I guess. SnapMap does look promising though.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I wouldn't count on the game's longevity though. If id has proven anything in their history, it's that they can't support a game if their company's reputation depended on it (which it has). We'll see I guess.

When you realize you can't just go back to the early to mid 2000's when CPMA was huge.

FeelsBadMan

(low key slight at Quake Live)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doom 4 MP resembles Halo more than any other IP out there. The movement, pacing, jumping, all resemble Halo to the T. Yes, there are loadouts and the weapons are different of course, but if you're a Halo fan, you'll likely be a Doom 4 fan. The biggest detriments are loadouts and the "monster" pick up. The rest is solid for a Halo game. Now if you're expecting a Doom game from Doom 4, I would dodge it like the plague to save yourself the stress.

I wouldn't count on the game's longevity though. If id has proven anything in their history, it's that they can't support a game if their company's reputation depended on it (which it has). We'll see I guess. SnapMap does look promising though.

I played the Alpha and I agree. 

Anyone else search the gamertags in Kampys new montage? 99% bronze players. Extremely dissapointing and that's on top of a sniper that doesn't even need to be on someone to connect.

Has anyone made any pistol montages?

Edit: mostly gold, not bronze.

Anyone else search the gamertags in Kampys new montage? 99% bronze players. 

Really? That's really really sad that someone can't make a montage at their own skill-level, if that's the case. Disappointing is an understatement.

Anyone else search the gamertags in Kampys new montage? 99% bronze players. Extremely dissapointing and that's on top of a sniper that doesn't even need to be on someone to connect.

Has anyone made any pistol montages?

Really? That's really really sad that someone can't make a montage at their own skill-level, if that's the case. Disappointing is an understatement.

Welcome to montaging? We used to differentiate videos like his as "nubtages" or social, but there's no standards anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 4

Most of the big montagers use smurf accounts. You aren't going to get killionaires playing people of your own skill level. Go back and watch any of Kampy's H3 stuff and it's pretty obvious he's playing against noobs.

I vastly prefer seeing clips from high level play, but I don't have any issue with "noob-farming" montages, as they are still entertaining to watch and take quite a bit of skill and dedication to make.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It does look good. Ive never really played a proper arena shooter before, so I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations. Will it have a BTB type of playlist?

Ya the demon runes are so stupid. They're so powerful. Only part of the alpha I didn't like. Half the time it seems like you're getting killed by a giant monster. May as well be playing evolved lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see Whiskey get pub stomped.

Idk if its in stream or not (that match specifically) but I know GBs teammates and they'll probably tell us a bit beforehand if they're on stream or not. So I'll just post it here lol.

It does look good. Ive never really played a proper arena shooter before, so I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations. Will it have a BTB type of playlist?

If you've never played a proper arena shooter before, you still won't after Doom 4. Play some Quake Live, Unreal Tournament, or Reflex if you want that experience. And I don't think there are any plans for a BTB playlists. 

Ya the demon runes are so stupid. They're so powerful. Only part of the alpha I didn't like. Half the time it seems like you're getting killed by a giant monster. May as well be playing evolved lol.

They're not necessary either. The game would only improve without them. It's just a dumb gimmick. I really hope there's a playlists that doesn't include them...

Who's playing for whiskey? Aren't guys like Vetoed in there? Seems like they have some decent guys to draw from.

Lol Goldenboys team goes against Whiskey round 1 for g4g

Please tell me they destroyed Whiskey. 

Most of the big montagers use smurf accounts. You aren't going to get killionaires playing people of your own skill level. Go back and watch any of Kampy's H3 stuff and it's pretty obvious he's playing against noobs.

I vastly prefer seeing clips from high level play, but I don't have any issue with "noob-farming" montages, as they are still entertaining to watch and take quite a bit of skill and dedication to make.

That's still disappointing, in my mind, because those sort of things aren't exactly "genuine", against players like that. May just be me, but I'd much rather see the insane high level triple kill outplay, than a killionaire against a majority of people with no metaphorical thumbs. One feels earned, the other's just... "Eh". 

@ G4G has mad delays right now. No one has played yet, no LAN support killing it right now :\

First i cant connect to the lobby.

play a game, and a guy betrays me for rockets, so i quit.

then play a full game of assault

and then they ban me for quitting? For 41 minutes too. What shit is this?