CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

We'll see how the level design is. We'll also see if they finally managed to get more than 3 enemies in a room together.

BAtevkl.jpg

Nothing like fighting pinky over and over again. And that one time there was TWO pinkies.

I actually really liked Doom 3, it was nothing like the classic Dooms but it was a really good, atmospheric horror shooter. Really pretty looking game for the time as well.

They just opened a Warzone feedback topic over on Waypoint. Made a two post long response here and here.

I'd disagree entirely. A look at the new WZ map, sneak peek at the new Mantis, a look into the whole issue with Warzone farming (and an official topic for feedback), update on community maps and some changes to MCC playlists.

Yea because Warzone is TOTALLY the most important part of Halo 5. I would prefer a new gametype but I guess I shouldn't ask too much of those hard working folks at 343. And MCC is exciting but I don't think I am the only one who doubts that 343 will fix anything.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yea because Warzone is TOTALLY the most important part of Halo 5. I would prefer a new gametype but I guess I shouldn't ask too much of those hard working folks at 343. And MCC is exciting but I don't think I am the only one who doubts that 343 will fix anything.

Warzone is their cash cow. Keeping the casuals happy so they keep spending money on REQ packs is obviously going to be a top priority from a business standpoint.

Warzone is their cash cow. Keeping the casuals happy so they keep spending money on REQ packs is obviously going to be a top priority from a business standpoint.

Yea well doesn't mean I have to like it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you go over the comments on the trailer of Doom you will see that 1/3 of them are saying the game looks a lot like the older Halo's. I am not the only one to have this view. In fact if you do not think so you are probably in the minority if the youtube comments are anything to go after. 

I have played both Quake Live and Unreal Tournament and a few indie ones.. 

... YouTube comments? Funny.

You do realize that the Halo series is by far one of the most well known arena/arena-esque shooters, right? That's by virtue of it being one of the few arena shooters that are actually doing well.

Reflex and Unreal Tournament are dead, whereas Quake Live holds a small population. If people don't know any better, they'll automatically associate "arena" with what they're most familiar with, being Halo.

Actually, I think I'll ask you a better question.

In what way does the new Doom resemble older Halos? CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, how does it resemble them?

Doom only resembles old halo in that It has no sprint and a good art style, it probably doesn't play anything like it. I hope there are classic gametypes to play, the game does look fun.

... YouTube comments? Funny.

You do realize that the Halo series is by far one of the most well known arena/arena-esque shooters, right? That's by virtue of it being one of the few arena shooters that are actually doing well.

Reflex and Unreal Tournament are dead, whereas Quake Live holds a small population. If people don't know any better, they'll automatically associate "arena" with what they're most familiar with, being Halo.

Actually, I think I'll ask you a better question.

In what way does the new Doom resemble older Halos? CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, how does it resemble them?

No sprint.

That's enough for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Take your FaZe clan tag and get out. 

Ahah Im never doing stuff like this, that's just a one time try, that's what makes the clip awesome

If MS is going to start putting all their xbox exclusives on PC then they may as well just stop making xboxs. What exactly would be the point in owning an xbox?

You'll lose your friends from XbL and your achievements. Also Xbox is cheaper and its much more accessible.

Power-ups that don't require a selfie animation to pick up.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You'll need a lot more than that to prove this claim.

It does I know, but it's still better than Halo 5. It's still more Halo than Halo 5. 

It's just an old Halo game with loadouts and a tid bit too much animations, and doesn't have all the crap Halo 5 does. 

CS:GO doesn't have sprint. I guess it "resembles" Halo to you.

If it had long kill times and no movement restrictions on accuracy then ya, it would.

Astronomy is probably the most interesting field of science.

Astronomy is dope and fun to study if you like math but once you actually work its really just chilling at a telescope doing a million math problems and it gets boring. At least that's what friends who studies Astronomy told me

Maybe if you want pleb Halo. :kappa:

All halo games have long kill times in comparison to most games lol.

Instead you have a super long transformation animation that likely can't be skipped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it had long kill times and no movement restrictions on accuracy then ya, it would.

That's closer to TF2 without classes than it is to Halo.

All halo games have long kill times in comparison to most games lol.

Did my Kappa come to naught? These are dark times.

That's closer to TF2 without classes than it is to Halo.

Some people would argue that that would be closer to real halo gameplay than h5 is. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with them.