CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The dude came up with infinity slayer/ordinance drops and breakout, Halo just wasn't the right game for him...

IDK why everyone always rags on Breakout. I love playing it and I have been a Halo fan from the beginning. 

I would agree that it doesn't fit into the competitive side of Halo. To say that it is a horrible gametype and shouldn't be in Halo all together is just plain silly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

IDK why everyone always rags on Breakout. I love playing it and I have been a Halo fan from the beginning.

I would agree that it doesn't fit into the competitive side of Halo. To say that it is a horrible gametype and shouldn't be in Halo all together is just plain silly.

Would rather they didn't waste time/resources on an extremely mediocre gametype tbh, would have preferred Oddball, KoTH, Extraction Assault or maps to have have more dev time so they were ready for release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude, no, lmao.

Doom4 is not even a good Doom game (in terms of MP). It's fun, but it's not Doom.

It's, as many of you call Halo 5, an abomination of a bunch of popular shooter trends mixed into a classic game that now plays nothing like the classic game.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, don't be a hypocrite.

I don't care if plays more like a Doom shooter. I want it to play more like Halo, and it does so more than Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't care if plays more like a Doom shooter. I want it to play more like Halo, and it does so more than Halo 5.

No game with load outs plays like Halo. That completely defeats the purpose of Halo.

You might as well go play Halo 4 infinity Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No game with load outs plays like Halo. That completely defeats the purpose of Halo.

Halo 5 doesn't even have a utility weapon so it's really not much better in that regard.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5 doesn't even have a utility weapon so it's really not much better in that regard.

b-b-b-but the balance is so perfect now, automatics are finally easy to kill with "usefull" and thanks to the storm rifle we finaly have a weapon that needs skill because it overheats :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

b-b-b-but the balance is so perfect now, automatics are finally easy to kill with "usefull"

I would upvote you 1000 times if I could for this sentence alone.

Two wrongs don't make a right?

How does Halo 5 not having s utility weapon make Dooms load outs any better? Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

While I consider the competetive aspect of the game important I consider the feel of the game much more important. Even though you play fiesta in any particular Halo game, it will still feel like that Halo game. Think about how it feels to walk around in an empty room with a few guns. There are many things that plays a part to how a certain game feels, and Doom looks like it is going to feel like a Halo game. I believe they have been going for that old school Halo feel. 

And even then, Doom will MOST likely have a playlist with and without Loadouts. 

I get so incredibly pissed off at Waypoint. I don't know why I do it, but I keep going back. Every response to a thread calling for a Automatic nerf or rebalance is responded to with a flurry of "Get good" posts. Guys, FFS, have any of you watched the damn HWC? 60% its Automatic weapon gameplay. By your logic its because your bad, so following this logic, they are also bad?

Fuck me, Fuck Waypoint.

I really needed to vent this. I like to live dangerously on waypoint. Last time I was banned was for saying it was ******** that Warzone Assaut didn't work in Aus/NZ Still. Dem mods 2Hungry4Me.

Huh, maybe I could write a parody of the very hungry caterpillar. I could call it "The Very ​POWER Hungry Waypoint Mod"

"The Waypoint mod was very hungry,

So the waypoint mod banned some guy brining up valid criticisms of 343,

but the waypoint mod was still hungry.

​So the Waypoint mod banned a well thought out post on the state of balance of the game

​but the waypoint mod was still hungry!"

You were banned for saying ********. It has nothing to do with the context of the subject. There are plenty of ways to give criticism without being verbally offensive. Notice how it even censors it here, a place where I can say "fuck you, you're a cheeky cunt." Some words are just taboo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I get so incredibly pissed off at Waypoint. I don't know why I do it, but I keep going back. Every response to a thread calling for a Automatic nerf or rebalance is responded to with a flurry of "Get good" posts. Guys, FFS, have any of you watched the damn HWC? 60% its Automatic weapon gameplay. By your logic its because your bad, so following this logic, they are also bad?

Fuck me, Fuck Waypoint.

I really needed to vent this. I like to live dangerously on waypoint. Last time I was banned was for saying it was ******** that Warzone Assaut didn't work in Aus/NZ Still. Dem mods 2Hungry4Me.

Huh, maybe I could write a parody of the very hungry caterpillar. I could call it "The Very ​POWER Hungry Waypoint Mod"

"The Waypoint mod was very hungry,

So the waypoint mod banned some guy brining up valid criticisms of 343,

but the waypoint mod was still hungry.

​So the Waypoint mod banned a well thought out post on the state of balance of the game

​but the waypoint mod was still hungry!"

Nobody cares that you were banned from Halo Waypoint for breaking their rules. If you have an issue with it, take it up with them. You're only posting here to look for sympathy and feel better about yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

-snip-

• 70 Sniper Skill Kills
  • 27,946 Melee Kills
  • 20,503 Reversals
  • 8,295 First Strikes
  • 1,156 Sniper Headshots on Vehicles
  • 44,667 Marine Kills
  • 10,173 Teammate Protection Kills
  • 11,492 Boss Kills/Assists
  • 184,716 Spartan Kills
  • 23,789 Covenant Kills
  • 4,829 Triple Kill+
  • 14,591 Enemy Vehicles Destroyed
  • 17,130 Close Calls
  • 2,902 Longshot Kills
  • 3,326 Ground Pound Kills
  • 266,305 Standard Weapon Kills
  • 6,618 Splatter Kills
  • 3,684 Kills from the Grave
  • 3,056 Cluster Luck, Last Shot, Syonara, or Fastball Medals
  • 77,928 Power Weapon Kills
  • 6,877 Assassinations
  • 245,393 Headshots
  • 41,615 Promethean Kills
  • 41,617 Ground Vehicle Kills
  • 13,871 Shoulder Charge Kills
  • 1,762 Vehicles Hijacked
  • 441 Hijackers Killed
  • 38,777 Grenade Kills
  • Upvote (+1) 2

From the Threshold Universe article that was added yesterday:

COLOSSUS - WAR GAMES MAP_SET/: 201-7

Similar to the mining facility which the once-heretic leader and now-deceased Sesa ‘Refumee took occupation of, the War Games map called ‘Colossus’ is a separate and distinct Thresholdian satellite. Acquired by scans conducted by the UNSC Red Horse in its survey of the area, and also later corroborated by human-Sangheili dialogues, this structure mined gas from the high above Threshold’s roiling ‘surface.’ The environments symmetry, scalability, and obstacles presented unique challenges to Spartans training in the War Games, and thereby became a favorite of fireteam leaders, particularly for objective-based combat simulations.

Looks like there may be an Arena map in the future based off of The Arbiter/The Oracle missions from Halo 2?

From the Threshold Universe article that was added yesterday:

Looks like there may be an Arena map in the future based off of The Arbiter/The Oracle missions from Halo 2?

Nope. They're just giving context to the Halo 2 map "Colossus" in the War Games simulations.

Nope. They're just giving context to the Halo 2 map "Colossus" in the War Games simulations.

That seems...kinda random.

While I consider the competetive aspect of the game important I consider the feel of the game much more important. Even though you play fiesta in any particular Halo game, it will still feel like that Halo game. Think about how it feels to walk around in an empty room with a few guns. There are many things that plays a part to how a certain game feels, and Doom looks like it is going to feel like a Halo game. I believe they have been going for that old school Halo feel. 

And even then, Doom will MOST likely have a playlist with and without Loadouts. 

I'm a UT 2003 player. Barring the loadouts, the new Doom looks a lot more like a slow-paced "classic" arena shooter than it does Halo.

In fact, the only way you could see resemblances to Halo is if you've never played another arena shooter.

That seems...kinda random.

Not really. They do it for most stuff they add to the Waypoint universe sections.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/harvest

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/erebus-vii

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/kamchatka

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/tribute

All of the Halo MP maps have some special War Games simulation name. 

Check out this link on Halopedia, it has a list of a lot of them - http://www.halopedia.org/War_Games

Not really. They do it for most stuff they add to the Waypoint universe sections.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/harvest

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/erebus-vii

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/kamchatka

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/tribute

All of the Halo MP maps have some special War Games simulation name. 

Check out this link on Halopedia, it has a list of a lot of them - http://www.halopedia.org/War_Games

I mean like, are they suggesting that the past games' multiplayers were all simulations too?

It's not even out yet lol.

I mean like, are they suggesting that the past games' multiplayers were all simulations too?

Nah, I don't think they made MP for CE to Reach canon. But all of the past multiplayer spaces have been like, collected and are available to play in the War Games simulation if that makes sense?

Like in universe, maps like The Pit, Damnation, etc are all available to train on in the simulation.

I've played both doom multiplayer and h5 multiplayer

H5 is better

Doom is a fun casual pick and play game, very little depth

Doom has potential for campaign but that's about it. Map editor looks great only because people can make their own SP missions and horde mode levels.

I'm a UT 2003 player. Barring the loadouts, the new Doom looks a lot more like a slow-paced "classic" arena shooter than it does Halo.

In fact, the only way you could see resemblances to Halo is if you've never played another arena shooter.

If you go over the comments on the trailer of Doom you will see that 1/3 of them are saying the game looks a lot like the older Halo's. I am not the only one to have this view. In fact if you do not think so you are probably in the minority if the youtube comments are anything to go after. 

I have played both Quake Live and Unreal Tournament and a few indie ones.. 

Doom has potential for campaign

We'll see how the level design is. We'll also see if they finally managed to get more than 3 enemies in a room together.