CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Question. Can people think me up a gamertag to use that has "Savery" in it? I want to change from RHS Savery to something else and I can't think of shit.

Savery Slays

Saverymayyyne

Saveryyyyy

Savery Iz bAcK

Savery PLayZ HaLo

iTz Savery

Savery 4s

Savery 5s

Savery goes HAM

Sxvery

Savxry

KSI Savery

SumptuousSavery

Savery Sprints

Savery Thrusts

SaverySquid416

Obviously xXMLG_SaVeRyXx is probably the best choice.

Or SlaverOfSavery

FaZe SaVeRy

LordSaveryCrust

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't get too exited about Kevin Franklin departure, not unitl we know what his next project will be..

keep in mind 343 has a long track record in outsourcing parts of their games, I'm kinda afraid this new firststrike studio will still be involved with the next Halos...

I'd like to say that you're right and that we finally stand a good chance of seeing a multiplayer with well thought out, sensible design choices grounded in logic...

But this is the HALO series we're talking about. The people in charge of it haven't known what they were doing with the MP in a very long time, and I'm willing to bet that they never will.

If they made a Halo 3: Anniversary I don't know how interested I'd be even if it actually worked, and that's saying something, because Halo 3 used to be my favorite Halo before Beyond made me privy to its numerous flaws. I just can't enjoy it as much as I used to knowing what I know now.

I'd play the shit out of H3A if the netcode wasn't ass. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

In order for me to enjoy a potential H3A, you would need to:

• Fix the aiming
  • Fix the sandbox
  • Fix the FOV
  • Fix the movement acceleration
  • Add more interesting maps than the likes of Narrows and The Pit

It would need to not be Halo 3 at all, in other words, and I just realized how much of a cynical elitist I've become.

Beyond, what have you done to me?  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well two things.

1. I don't believe that is the main reason we don't approve of radar. It is information that promotes passive play more so than offensive play. More offensive incentives, the better the competitive game (in most cases)
  2. What constitutes information that the player deserves? One could argue that flanks could be devalued just as much by a footstep audio cue as a dot approaching on radar, but thats just one example.

Obviously would rather it just removed but I'm playing devil's advocate for the situation in which it must stay.

I'm in favor of limiting footstep audio as well.  I'm ok with hearing sprinters, but I don't think you should be able to hear regular footsteps until they are almost on top of you.  I think that's how Halo 3 did it, and it worked out pretty well in that game.

Question. Can people think me up a gamertag to use that has "Savery" in it? I want to change from RHS Savery to something else and I can't think of shit.

Savery Steaks.  For the double meaning.

If H3A becomes a thing, and they fix the netcode and BR spread, it would be 100x better than this dogshit game we have now (on the previsor 343 don't fuck with the map aesthetics too much and allow us to have proper H3 playlists).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't get too exited about Kevin Franklin departure, not unitl we know what his next project will be..

keep in mind 343 has a long track record in outsourcing parts of their games, I'm kinda afraid this new firststrike studio will still be involved with the next Halos...

Hope not, could they next fire Halo 5 lead writer ? I hope best regards for Kevin on his non-halo project.

Warzone Assault went from the only thing I would play, to complete trash real quick. I knew it was gonna get progressively worse when 343 kept updating it to earn REQs faster. Yea that'll really make the game mode more enjoyable for the kids that are level 12. Now they can use all 4 of their REQs. Still think they need to remove vehicles from that game mode.

Now I'm REALLY gonna be pushing for party restrictions and social playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thought of 343 making more millions off a fanbase they told MCC would receive constant attention in the wake of Halo 5's release just to go silent for months upon months is sickening. Keep your H3A, I wouldn't think about buying that for a second.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people get so upset over the notion that some people do not like PC gaming?

They aren't upset about you not liking PC gaming.

Theyre annoyed because your arguments are both ignorant and totally unfounded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Warzone Assault went from the only thing I would play, to complete trash real quick. I knew it was gonna get progressively worse when 343 kept updating it to earn REQs faster. Yea that'll really make the game mode more enjoyable for the kids that are level 12. Now they can use all 4 of their REQs. Still think they need to remove vehicles from that game mode.

Now I'm REALLY gonna be pushing for party restrictions and social playlists.

Warzone Assault should have just been Invasion from Reach but without the playable Elites, instead we get this gametype that has 0 depth to it on "remixed" maps that clearly weren't made for the gametype...

If H3A becomes a thing, and they fix the netcode and BR spread, it would be 100x better than this dogshit game we have now (on the previsor 343 don't fuck with the map aesthetics too much and allow us to have proper H3 playlists).

As well as the strafe, movement speed, Aim acceleration, and random spread then yeah:

Warzone Assault should have just been Invasion from Reach but without the playable Elites, instead we get this gametype that has 0 depth to it on "remixed" maps that clearly weren't made for the gametype...

Yea it is kinda like Breakout in that sense. Started out interesting because people didn't know how to play. Now it's the most linear thing ever. On top of that linear gameplay you have an unfair advantage on Defense and the REQ system basically determines who wins or loses. And the maps, ohhhhh the maps. Urban is shit, Array is HORRIBLE on offense, Dispatch is alright, and Summit is vehicle spam to save the base the whole game. Seriously, who thought spawning vehicles IN THE BASE was a good idea? Man I used to love the gametype to just goof around in.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to say that you're right and that we finally stand a good chance of seeing a multiplayer with well thought out, sensible design choices grounded in logic...

But this is the HALO series we're talking about. The people in charge of it haven't known what they were doing with the MP in a very long time, and I'm willing to bet that they never will.

If they made a Halo 3: Anniversary I don't know how interested I'd be even if it actually worked, and that's saying something, because Halo 3 used to be my favorite Halo before Beyond made me privy to its numerous flaws. I just can't enjoy it as much as I used to knowing what I know now.

How can you stop enjoying a game just because someone points out something they think is a flaw? You can understand their view point and agree or disagree with them but I still don't understand how that can take away your enjoyment of the game. 

Halo 3 only has 2 flaws really. That is the netcode, and the random spread. The spread should not have been random, and the netcode should have been better. 

Yea it is kinda like Breakout in that sense. Started out interesting because people didn't know how to play. Now it's the most linear thing ever. On top of that linear gameplay you have an unfair advantage on Defense and the REQ system basically determines who wins or loses. And the maps, ohhhhh the maps. Urban is shit, Array is HORRIBLE on offense, Dispatch is alright, and Summit is vehicle spam to save the base the whole game. Seriously, who thought spawning vehicles IN THE BASE was a good idea? Man I used to love the gametype to just goof around in.

Array is just hilarious on offense, you try to flank around the side and then the enemy team spawn behind you, along with the vehicle spam on summit you mentioned it's very clear that not much thought at all went into this gametype, Halo deserves better than this...

Array is just hilarious on offense, you try to flank around the side and then the enemy team spawn behind you, along with the vehicle spam on summit you mentioned its very clear that not much thought at all went into this gametype, Halo deserves better than this...

That's Array in a nutshell. Any side you try to push they can spawn on. Hasn't been updated once. None if the exploits in this game seem to be patched except for "super sliding". You can still get out of all the BTB maps and that's game breaking. Halo deserves much, much better.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope this 343 drama means a good change for Halo. It honestly could go either way.

Its like Bush just got voted out, but Trump could be elected next.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's Array in a nutshell. Any side you try to push they can spawn on. Hasn't been updated once. None if the exploits in this game seem to be patched except for "super sliding". You can still get out of all the BTB maps and that's game breaking. Halo deserves much, much better.

The funny thing is the out of map tricks could be fixed VERY easily within mere minutes on forge, but it takes them weeks/months to get around to it, I don't know what they expect us to think of their company when stuff like this is happening...

• Upvote (+1) 3

As well as the strafe, movement speed, Aim acceleration, and random spread then yeah:

I'd take H3's aim acceleration over what we currently have in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1