Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

page 4444! make a wish!

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can argue that it's bullshit all you want, I'll just say, your argument against it as a whole is shaky in my eyes, even though I partially get what you're getting at. I get you WANT the customization, and that's entirely fine, I don't blame that. But meh, I dislike arguing with you. A lot.

Because ya boi wins every time :)

And its not shaky at all lol, half the armor in this game has copy pasted elements across one another. You call that visual diversity? Low standards imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tried to go play Killing Floor 2 on my PC but I got 12 popup ads and 3 viruses! Then I tried to uninstall the viruses by sticking a fork in the power supply and now my PC won't boot up! Any ideas? 

Graphics suck anyway:

• Upvote (+1) 2

page 4444! make a wish!

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

No spartan abilities.

page 4444! make a wish!

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

Fixed aiming. That is all I care about currently in Halo. If that's not fixed I simply can't play long enough to even think about the other stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Forever
unjustified.
Consistently inconsistent.
Killing all hopes of authenticity and originality.

In all my halo days,
never have I
found a way to enjoy the
incredibly mundane and
nuanced successors of that which are > CE/H2/H3.
It will be a life long search
to find that high that Halo C.E gave me so many
years ago. I have hunted the truth and only found lies.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's my biggest reoccuring complaint with armor sets in this game. Most of them are way too busy and/or overly complex.

I don't mind busyness to a point, probably one of the few, but Achilles is just TERRIBLE for it. Another part that bothers me is the random "foil" elements on the body. Just. WHY. They don't match ANY color, nor do they take on the form of your secondary, so they stick out. The armor set, past the helmet is just gross.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, ugly as shit. It's so disjointed, and randomly skinny, then bulky that it bothers me. Also, WAY too busy, design wise.

who cares what it looks like, it's about what it stands for

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because ya boi wins every time :)

And its not shaky at all lol, half the armor in this game has copy pasted elements across one another. You call that visual diversity? Low standards imo

Half the armor are skin variants, with the minority reusing assets entirely. Deadeye, Locus, Scanner and Strider are those few. Only four, mind you. Other may sprinkle parts of other armor sets in, such as Cypher and Scout, or Goblin and Athlon, but that's hardly a crime. Past that, you've got things like Enforcer, Stalker, Helioskrill, Marks IV-VI, Decimator, Centurion, Hermes, Hunter. The list goes on and on about the more unique sets, over the ones reusing assets in an arguably "bad" fashion, past the obvious, like wrists and such.

What does it stand for exactly? 

Well, currently it stands for who can farm and stat the most. Hardly an achievement compared to say, Recon with the Vidmasters, or Haunted for solo grinding the game out, or EVEN Mark VI in Halo 4 for beating the campaign on Legendary. And besides that, it IS quite about what it looks like. If the armor looks like shit (Which it does, past the helmet), why even go for it, past completion? I mean, I don't want the armor at all because of design, even despite its original "unlock factor". 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Half the armor are skin variants, with the minority reusing assets entirely. Deadeye, Locus, Scanner and Strider are those few. Only four, mind you. Other may sprinkle parts of other armor sets in, such as Cypher and Scout, or Goblin and Athlon, but that's hardly a crime. Past that, you've got things like Enforcer, Stalker, Helioskrill, Marks IV-VI, Decimator, Centurion, Hermes, Hunter. The list goes on and on about the more unique sets, over the ones reusing assets in an arguably "bad" fashion, past the obvious, like wrists and such.

Its not diverse when I can't even tell you what armor is what because they all look the same. The outliers are the exception, not the rule....

I don't understand whats so hard to grasp about my point. Less choice = less OBJECTIVE variety. Add that on top of the fact that there's zero reason to not have interchangeable armor when all the armor is modelled and textured and its just a shit situation for people who expect more after coming off of Reach's armor customization.

Pretty funny how people using exploits get rewarded with exclusive armour and the armour I had to earn through completing the campaigns on legendary just gets given away for free in REQ packs later on...

Whos to say Achilles won't go that way too.

Spawn killing isn't an exploit though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just lost a game of Warzone Assault since the opposing team kept spamming Scout Hogs in the Fortress...

I use to get so mad at kids doing that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, currently it stands for who can farm and stat the most. Hardly an achievement compared to say, Recon with the Vidmasters, or Haunted for solo grinding the game out, or EVEN Mark VI in Halo 4 for beating the campaign on Legendary. And besides that, it IS quite about what it looks like. If the armor looks like shit (Which it does, past the helmet), why even go for it, past completion? I mean, I don't want the armor at all because of design, even despite its original "unlock factor". 

The Achilles armor is much harder to get then all the armor you listed. At least as of now since almost no one has it

• Downvote (-1) 3

The Achilles armor is much harder to get then all the armor you listed. At least as of now since almost no one has it

You haven't been playing Halo for very long have you? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its not diverse when I can't even tell you what armor is what because they all look the same. The outliers are the exception, not the rule....

I don't understand whats so hard to grasp about my point. Less choice = less OBJECTIVE variety. Add that on top of the fact that there's zero reason to not have interchangeable armor when all the armor is modelled and textured and its just a shit situation for people who expect more after coming off of Reach's armor customization.

Those aren't outliers. I could list every unique armor set in this game, (Which vastly outnumber the few that are offenders of asset reuse) I just didn't since I'd be a paragraph with no point to it. And again, it all has to do with making armor have visual diversity, in another way than just by "mix and match", in the eyes of 343i at least. That's the actual reason behind it. There is one, whether you like it, or not. Again, as I said, the armor is modeled, sure, but not scaled properly, and not technically textured properly. Is it shit for those who like customization? Oh, entirely. But it's not without any sort of basis.

That's a negative, Ghost Recon. Wanna go through Endure again, or through Coastal Highway? Those were much harder than just abusing a spawn kill strategy. Sorry, but that's how it is. Achilles is a grind, Recon was a challenge. Big difference.

• Upvote (+1) 3

page 4444! make a wish!

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

no radar

I personally wouldn't mind a classic settings matchmaking playlist, even if it was only for one week.

EDIT: Or that Tour de Walshy thing. I forget who suggested it, but they're a genius.

Pc has thousands of games a console does not have. Steam has around 6000-7000 games.

There are also a tons of games that are not on steam. How many? Many. Thousands upon thousands.

Then if you wanna include flash games, and games alike you have again thousands upon thousands.

Xbox one has what, 500?

PC exclusives like

header.jpg?t=1447371369

If there's one thing to be taken away from Halo 5, it's that quantity isn't better than quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1