CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo on PC should have been the natural evolution of Halo, not this sprint, clamber and Spartan ability garbage.

Most of the problems with modern day Halo is the fact it's on a console, don't believe me?

Halo has been pretty heavily influenced by its platform, for better or worse. It's innovation mostly came from a need for streamlined versions of PC mechanics and features in the console space. I'd like to see a PC release, but I honestly hope that it stays a game designed around consoles first and foremost, as that constraint is what made the game into something unique in the first place.

That it's forced to distinguish itself from PC shooters is a good thing imo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Where do you see 64 teams signed up? I know for a fact it's over 32.

I've been hearing it on Twitter. I know at least whatever their cap is they hit it though.

people can have wrong opinions

*gasp*

things like "where are the good looking games" "PC gaming isn't pushing any boundaries" aren't subjective

but thanks for that!

Still waiting for you to shown me these recent, PC exclusive, graphical powerhouse games.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How long are these usually up for?

Its already been pulled.

Halo has been pretty heavily influenced by its platform, for better or worse. It's innovation mostly came from a need for streamlined versions of PC mechanics and features in the console space. I'd like to see a PC release, but I honestly hope that it stays a game designed around consoles first and foremost, as that constraint is what made the game into something unique in the first place.

That it's forced to distinguish itself from PC shooters is a good thing imo.

That's true for the era Halo ruled in, but now it just blends in with every other generic shooter on console. Halo did really well to be a competitive but very casual game at the same time, this is where straight hardcore PC arena shooters like UT and Quake failed and why they aren't as popular anymore, and now Halo fails to do either of those things, throwing a $2.5million dollar tournament at the problem doesn't change anything.

(Not attacking you btw just rambling)

Still waiting for you to shown me these recent, PC exclusive, graphical powerhouse games.

i'm sorry i didn't realize i was your employee

there are literally too many to mention

you can use google yourself, or maybe that's a little too "over complicated" for you  

i'm sorry i didn't realize i was your employee

you can use google yourself, or maybe that's a little too "over complicated" for you

So. There are none.

Thanks, I already knew that though.

So. There are none.

Thanks, I already knew that though.

yeah dude you clearly know a lot about pc gaming, lol

Subjective point. Although, it wasn't "exactly" just because "armor sets looked better". Was more so the fact that complex customization in the end "limited" overall diversity in terms of appearance. You're close, but it wasn't exactly that simple. It was also probably (This is speculation, mind you) an ineffective use of time to make this insane in-depth customization on things you'll almost never see, or be noticed for, well, past color.

Lol except everything is modelled anyway so its not an ineffective use of time, not to mention shit clips anyway so taking that amount of customization out was stupid

Whether you "like it" or not, the idea that it's a giant hassle or outrageously expensive is a complete myth - especially since you're presumably posting from a PC right now.

you are right, but PC takes a bit more than a console does, there's just so few things to worry about with a console, even if you're really good with a PC, there's just more to consider, this is why I always found PC communities to be "smarter" than most console communities, by virtue of the fact that they have to use their brains more often.

you are right, but PC takes a bit more than a console does, there's just so few things to worry about with a console, even if you're really good with a PC, there's just more to consider, this is why I always found PC communities to be "smarter" than most console communities, by virtue of the fact that they have to use their brains more often.

That definitely shows. The Halo community is not very smart compared to say LoL or CSGO.

Lol except everything is modelled anyway so its not an ineffective use of time, not to mention shit clips anyway so taking that amount of customization out was stupid

Modelled, but not scaled or textured, or seperated in terms of customization that complex. There's a lot more to it than just having the models in front of you.

Ya because no man's sky isn't a thing.

lol, do some research on Star citizen and then compare it again with No man's sky.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Modelled, but not scaled or textured, or seperated in terms of customization that complex. There's a lot more to it than just having the models in front of you.

>not scaled or textured

>all of them are textured in-game

They can separate them by separating assets....armor isnt just one asset. But what do i know its not like they did this in 2007 right

And anyhow the main Halo titles don't need to be on the PC. Just a game that plays like OG Halo. Maybe Halo Online will be that.