CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Random and off topic but G4G has 64 teams (meaning 256 players not including coaches). Obviously this isn't the same level we had in reach Cbus '12 or early h3 but the game isn't really "dead"

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, it's overcomplicated for people who's formitive years didn't involve tinkering with PCs. Not sure why you're so upset about this lol.

Almost any issue can be solved with a quick google search. Unless you're completely illiterate or refuse to actually look for a solution, pc gaming is not 'overcomplicated'.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, it's overcomplicated for people who's formitive years didn't involve tinkering with PCs. Not sure why you're so upset about this lol.

Step 1. Buy a PC

Step 2. Download Steam 

Step 3. Buy and download a game of your choice

Step 4. Play and have fun 

You are just like my friend. Don't really have a real reason. Just doesn't want to try new things because you are used to one thing. It's like how old people doesn't want to pay for stuff on the internet, because they aren't used to it. Even though it's super simple.

• Upvote (+1) 6

consoles have the benefit of being simple as fuck, you buy a game, it's going to work, and you used to be able to play it instantly, but now we gotta wait 7 hours to play our games. The problem consoles have now is that their simplicity is not balanced with their capability, it's great that anyone can work a console and not have to worry about anything, but this is now coming at a cost, that being weak performances.

Where are the amazing looking PC games though?

The fact of the matter is that the big PC games are made with the lowest common denominator in mind. They're made with low end visuals to ensure that the highest amount of people can play them. It's not like you're seeing PC kids going around circlejerking it over 4k pics of LoL or CS GO.

it's not as though PC gaming is really pushing the boundaries of gaming. Some up res'd console ports and PC exclusives made to appeal to the masses.

• Downvote (-1) 5

snip

Yeah that's pretty much the expected price. Toss the speakers and throw in windows 10 and you have roughly twice the xbones current price. Probably don't need the heat sink either unless you overclock it. Assuming the usual culprit comes with the processor

snip

I prefer getting a i5 over a i3 for performance with games. The extra $100 will be worth it in the long run.

But I get where you're getting at.

When its 49-49, and you go clutch with the ninja

qyPQF6P.gif

When it's 6:41PM and you choke on the image post.

Why do people get so upset over the notion that some people do not like PC gaming?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah that's pretty much the expected price. Toss the speakers and throw in windows 10 and you have roughly twice the xbones current price. Probably don't need the heat sink either unless you overclock it. Assuming the usual culprit comes with the processor

I've had too many instances where the stock Intel heatsink doesn't make contact with the whole processor. Thing's a piece of garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people get so upset over the notion that some people do not like PC gaming?

Whether you "like it" or not, the idea that it's a giant hassle or outrageously expensive is a complete myth - especially since you're presumably posting from a PC right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whether you "like it" or not, the idea that it's a giant hassle or outrageously expensive is a complete myth - especially since you're presumably posting from a PC right now.

Those are subjective terms that are entirely up to each individual though. Just because it's not a hassle to you does not mean it is not for other people.

Walking up stairs with a bag of groceries is not a hassle to me. It is to an old lady though. Or someone who has to use a wheelchair.

I'm posting from work. Usually I post on my phone. I only own a laptop, which is currently broken.

Because you are incredibly ignorant and that's why all your reasons against PC are getting picked apart

Like "where are the good looking games" "PC gaming isn't pushing any boundaries"

You literally couldn't be any more wrong and that's because you are ignorant (you don't know)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo on PC should have been the natural evolution of Halo, not this sprint, clamber and Spartan ability garbage.

Most of the problems with modern day Halo is the fact it's on a console, don't believe me?

Too much aim assist and magnetism/easy to use weapons? Consoles.

Can't handle split screen with 60fps?

Consoles.

Things ripped from other shooters and implemented into Halo so it can sell more consoles?

Self explanatory.

Having to play the terrible settings the developer made because we can't mod it ourselves?

Consoles.

Broken theatre and spectator mode?

Consoles

Limited armour because the system supposedly can't handle it?

Consoles.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nothing like reading console hate with breakfast.

Also, to who ever said console gaming is cheaper is wrong.

Depends on how you go about it. I pay roughly ~$30 for a digital copy of a brand new game. I got Halo 5 completely free. Much like getting deals on PC games, you just have to know where and when to look.

Because you are incredibly ignorant and that's why all your reasons against PC are getting picked apart

Like "where are the good looking games" "PC gaming isn't pushing any boundaries"

You literally couldn't be any more wrong and that's because you are ignorant (you don't know)

You seem upset.

Limited armour because the system supposedly can't handle it?

Consoles.

That has nothing to do with consoles and I don't honestly know where you got that point from.

That has nothing to do with consoles and I don't honestly know where you got that point from.

I was under the impression they did that because the game has to be locked at 60fps (for reasons they never did clarify, even though it caused the removal of split screen) and matching high polygon armour pieces with other high polygon armour pieces could cause frame drops especially in a gametype such as Warzone with more players than previous Halos. While this may be untrue the reason they gave us was "because armour sets look better" and I may have believed them if it wasn't for the fact that the armour STILL looks like shit.

When it's 6:41PM and you choke on the image post.

Shut yo mouth hole

While this may be untrue the reason they gave us was "because armour sets looks better" and I may have believed them if it wasn't for the fact that the armour STILL looks like shit.

Subjective point. Although, it wasn't "exactly" just because "armor sets looked better". Was more so the fact that complex customization in the end "limited" overall diversity in terms of appearance. You're close, but it wasn't exactly that simple. It was also probably (This is speculation, mind you) an ineffective use of time to make this insane in-depth customization on things you'll almost never see, or be noticed for, well, past color.

Subjective point. Although, it wasn't "exactly" just because "armor sets looked better". Was more so the fact that complex customization in the end "limited" overall diversity in terms of appearance. You're close, but it wasn't exactly that simple. It was also probably (This is speculation, mind you) an ineffective use of time to make this insane in-depth customization on things you'll almost never see, or be noticed for, well, past color.

Fair points, I have no problems admitting that I'm wrong but unfortunately we will probably never know for sure, but the overall point of my post still stands that Halo has been milked so hard and changed to appeal to a "broader audience" and sell more consoles when Halo never needed to lose its audience in the first place. These changes are what lost Halo its title and why it's only a hollow shell of its former self.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I primarily play on PC, but people have opinions and not all of them have to agree with yours.

There's a new limited req pack. Costs 80000 RP, doesn't say what's in it.

yfAf0UP.jpg

Random and off topic but G4G has 64 teams (meaning 256 players not including coaches). Obviously this isn't the same level we had in reach Cbus '12 or early h3 but the game isn't really "dead"

Where do you see 64 teams signed up? I know for a fact it's over 32.

I primarily play on PC, but people have opinions and not all of them have to agree with yours.

people can have wrong opinions 

*gasp*

things like "where are the good looking games" "PC gaming isn't pushing any boundaries" aren't subjective 

but thanks for that!