CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Or if it had none, so crouch camping corners with automatics was less of a thing.

FFA is kinda poop without radar though especially with H5 mechanics and maps. Plus the autos are a problem of their own lol.

Honestly, if Halo is gonna keep using a radar that shows people that are just walking, then they need to make the radar always active no matter what. Crouching should not hide you anymore. It's never been a good mechanic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/29/ps4-sales-still-outpacing-ps2-closing-in-on-30-million

numbers don't lie, what's not to get?

obviously it's not going to outsell the ps2, the ps2 is/was the worlds best DVD player during that era

i never said the ps4 was going to outsell the ps4

the xbox one 110% flopped, microsoft doesn't even report their console sale numbers anymore, that has to be a good sign, right???  :kappa:

you may be biased, as a halo person, but the xbox one flopped, the ps4 outsold the xb1 4:1 and that ratio is going to grow this year

what numbers are you looking at?

both consoles sold ~10 million in the first 30 months

the xb1 is irrelevant because it's being outsold by a wide and growing margin, has no popular exclusives, and does horribly in asia (big $$$)

the writing is on the walls

the xbox is a loser brand and has been for the last 3 generations (360 and ps3 tied basically, wii won)

I still think it's too early to say anything with absolute confidence. The 360 dominated the PS3 for the majority of their lifetimes, but in the end the PS3 caught up (Did the PS3 end up outselling 360s? I honestly don't remember).

The Xbox One can make a comeback. The PS3 had a launch far worse than the Xbox One and Sony turned it around.

I still think it's too early to say anything with absolute confidence. The 360 dominated the PS3 for the majority of their lifetimes, but in the end the PS3 caught up (Did the PS3 end up outselling 360s? I honestly don't remember).

The Xbox One can make a comeback. The PS3 had a launch far worse than the Xbox One and Sony turned it around.

absolutely, it is possible that microsoft saves the xb1

they just need to come out with some really really good exclusive games that aren't halo, but i'm not sure they can do it

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/29/ps4-sales-still-outpacing-ps2-closing-in-on-30-million

numbers don't lie, what's not to get?

obviously it's not going to outsell the ps2, the ps2 is/was the worlds best DVD player during that era

i never said the ps4 was going to outsell the ps4

the xbox one 110% flopped, microsoft doesn't even report their console sale numbers anymore, that has to be a good sign, right??? :kappa:

you may be biased, as a halo person, but the xbox one flopped, the ps4 outsold the xb1 4:1 and that ratio is going to grow this year

what numbers are you looking at?

both consoles sold ~10 million in the first 30 months

the xb1 is irrelevant because it's being outsold by a wide and growing margin, has no popular exclusives, and does horribly in asia (big $$$)

the writing is on the walls

the xbox is a loser brand and has been for the last 3 generations (360 and ps3 tied basically, wii won)

So you're saying the numbers are roughly the same and I'm saying he xb1 is ahead. Either way, how is that a flop lol? If the numbers for xb1 are in the same ballpark as the 360 and the 360 was a success, how is the xb1 a failure?

Because ps4 is doing better? So what, good for them. The gap is not widening, it's shrinking. Xb1 has even had a couple months where it outsold ps4. Granted it was done with massive price slashing and bundling, but still.

Nothing like reading console hate with breakfast. 

Also, to who ever said console gaming is cheaper is wrong.

So you're saying the numbers are roughly the same and I'm saying he xb1 is ahead. Either way, how is that a flop lol? If the numbers for xb1 are in the same ballpark as the 360 and the 360 was a success, how is the xb1 a failure?

Because ps4 is doing better? So what, good for them. The gap is not widening, it's shrinking. Xb1 has even had a couple months where it outsold ps4. Granted it was done with massive price slashing and bundling, but still.

because more people buy consoles now than did over a decade ago

the demand now for consoles is greater than the demand a decade ago

10 million now vs 10 million a decade ago isn't equal

the 360 actually had desirable console exclusives, that's why it was a huge success, the games make the console 

the gap is widening, if you disagree you are wrong, just saying

2016 will be a great year for ps4 and a miserable year for xb1

i'm not hating on cosoles, i'm just stating the facts

the xbox brand is tanking, hard, and that is good for halo

pc on halo would be the best thing to ever happen to the competitive community 

and consoles are cheaper initially

because more people buy consoles now than did over a decade ago

the demand now for consoles is greater than the demand a decade ago

10 million now vs 10 million a decade ago isn't equal

the 360 actually had desirable console exclusives, that's why it was a huge success, the games make the console

the gap is widening, if you disagree you are wrong, just saying

2016 will be a great year for ps4 and a miserable year for xb1

i'm not hating on cosoles, i'm just stating the facts

the xbox brand is tanking, hard, and that is good for halo

So you're saying the demand for consoles is at an all time high and that even with a flawed product you can do well in this market. And your advice is.. get out of the console business.

You are a business genius.

??

Despite games being cheaper on PC, especially during sales, the initial cost of a PC that will actually run new games and not look like aids easily doubles console prices. More like triples or quadruples for a good one. You would have to pay for so much XBL time and buy so many games for an Xbox for it to cost more than a good gaming desktop its not even funny. 

I would love Halo on PC too, I wouldn't have to complain about the controls. 

Consoles aren't even cheaper initially if you're going for the same performance levels as consoles. I could easily build a PC that would be able to run Halo 5 at 60fps locked for ~$350, it wouldn't even have to go lower than 1080p.

Yes, if you want to turn everything on Ultra, play above 60fps, use SSDs, etc you are going to pay more up front but you will be able to do so much more with it than you could ever do with a console. Not to mention how much cheaper the games are, not having to pay to play online, etc. 

There is just a lot of misinformation out there about PC gaming. People have these "negatives" of PC gaming in their head but every single one of them is easily fixable or explained. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tom French tweeted campaign building is the goal for Forge in Halo 6.  Maybe we can fix the Halo 5 campaign then lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

??

Despite games being cheaper on PC, especially during sales, the initial cost of a PC that will actually run new games and not look like aids easily doubles console prices. More like triples or quadruples for a good one. You would have to pay for so much XBL time and buy so many games for an Xbox for it to cost more than a good gaming desktop its not even funny. 

False. 

Go to the header titled "Isn't PC gaming more expensive than console gaming?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

• Upvote (+1) 2

So you're saying the demand for consoles is at an all time high and that even with a flawed product you can do well in this market. And your advice is.. get out of the console business.

You are a business genius.

you think xbox one is doing well, that's why you're not getting it

that's why this conversation needs to end

my advice isn't for M$ to get out of the console market, i've never said that, not one time 

Consoles aren't even cheaper initially if you're going for the same performance levels as consoles. I could easily build a PC that would be able to run Halo 5 at 60fps locked for ~$350, it wouldn't even have to go lower than 1080p.

Yes, if you want to turn everything on Ultra, play above 60fps, use SSDs, etc you are going to pay more up front but you will be able to do so much more with it than you could ever do with a console. Not to mention how much cheaper the games are, not having to pay to play online, etc. 

There is just a lot of misinformation out there about PC gaming. People have these "negatives" of PC gaming in their head but every single one of them is easily fixable or explained. 

agreed 100%

the thing that scares people away from pc is the misinformation and people not being confident enough to build a pc (even though it's incredibly easy)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think all of them are easily fixable, people like convenience that PC gaming will never be able to offer. I work at an EB Games (Canada's Gamestop equivalent), and the amount of people who come in and ask about instructions on how to start their PS4 when buying one may surprise you, let alone people who ask which wires go where.

The convenience of knowing that you can buy a machine and be set to play games for the next six or seven years without having to change settings, download other programs, or do anything to your machine is a nice feature for many consumers.

This is being driven off topic for a Halo 5 thread, if you want to respond I'd love to read your thoughts, but I probably won't respond unless you're fine moving to either PMs or the off topic thread.

I've been out of the loop for a little while now. Are social playlists actually unranked now or is the ranking system still working in the background? My Grifball matches have been pretty close, but I don't know if I've just been lucky.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think all of them are easily fixable, people like convenience that PC gaming will never be able to offer. I work at an EB Games (Canada's Gamestop equivalent), and the amount of people who come in and ask about instructions on how to start their PS4 when buying one may surprise you, let alone people who ask which wires go where.

The convenience of knowing that you can buy a machine and be set to play games for the next six or seven years without having to change settings, download other programs, or do anything to your machine is a nice feature for many consumers.

This is being driven off topic for a Halo 5 thread, if you want to respond I'd love to read your thoughts, but I probably won't respond unless you're fine moving to either PMs or the off topic thread.

I've been out of the loop for a little while now. Are social playlists actually unranked now or is the ranking system still working in the background? My Grifball matches have been pretty close, but I don't know if I've just been lucky.

I'll only say one more thing.

Yes, consoles are easier to set up for little kids or parents who are tech illiterate but I feel the true benefit of console gaming is diminishing. Being able to go buy a game, put the cartridge or disc in and off you go. Not anymore, you have to install, deal with singing in online, etc. I think only Nintendo is keeping it simple with their consoles, the X1 and PS4 are closer to PCs than consoles have ever been. The next generation consoles might as well be Steam Machines. 

Edit: Social matches are still "social" matches. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

you think xbox one is doing well, that's why you're not getting it

that's why this conversation needs to end

my advice isn't for M$ to get out of the console market, i've never said that, not one time

agreed 100%

the thing that scares people away from pc is the misinformation and people not being confident enough to build a pc (even though it's incredibly easy)

I've tried PC gaming before. It sucked. Straight up, sucked ass. It's overcomplicated. Unless I want to hook giant cords all over the place I'm stuck at a computer desk. Viruses, oh the viruses. Every other game I played online people were modding or cheating in some sort of ridiculous manner.

Not my cup of tea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

PC is pretty cheap and if I didn't care for some PS4 exclusives, I would build a PC easily. Tho a PS4 nowadays is like $350 anyways so they're in similar prices at least

And the population would be big enough to have more than 5 playlists and no party restrictions!

Let's be real here. Population is not the issue, it's just another excuse to not get shit done. H5 had even fewer playlist and also zero party restrictions on launch day, when (for the last time) hundreds of thousands of concurrent players were online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

False. 

Go to the header titled "Isn't PC gaming more expensive than console gaming?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

Just skimming through that their suggested pc that "matches or exceeds" PS4/Xbone is an extreme technicality. It seemingly neglects the fact that games are tuned to match the hardware specifically on console and that your PC is going to be running an OS and likely skype or something along those lines. I know they talk about the changes as time goes on in the paragraph below that but they don't seem to mention the already present workload a PC experiences and that the games are designed for a wide range of hardware rather than a specific piece of equipment as an initial hurdle. Their i3 suggestion is also really vague and while dual cores can be GREAT for a lot of games it won't always be. That would be a great CS/League machine if you aren't too worried about seeing competitive frame rates in CS. It would struggle with many newer titles though. There will always be a tier of games that desktop just couldn't handle well and most of them will have a console port that works. Its also not including a monitor, mouse or keyboard. Those last two are negligible if you just want something that functions but a decent monitor adds a bit to the price tag where most people likely already own a TV their xbox/PS4 can connect to. Oh and the OS costs money assuming you want windows.

Guys Whiskey will be getting the Achilles Helmet today, meaning they should stop farming.

So ya have that going for you guys I guess.

I've tried PC gaming before. It sucked. Straight up, sucked ass. It's overcomplicated. Unless I want to hook giant cords all over the place I'm stuck at a computer desk. Viruses, oh the viruses. Every other game I played online people were modding or cheating in some sort of ridiculous manner.

Not my cup of tea.

it's over complicated for dumb people

sorry to be blunt, but that's the only way to put it

sorry the worlds most popular gaming platform is too complicated for you, but maybe, just maybe you're the problem

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it's over complicated for dumb people

sorry to be blunt, but that's the only way to put it

sorry the worlds most popular gaming platform is too complicated for you, but maybe, just maybe you're the problem

No, it's overcomplicated for people who's formitive years didn't involve tinkering with PCs. Not sure why you're so upset about this lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's be real here. Population is not the issue, it's just another excuse to not get shit done. H5 had even fewer playlist and also zero party restrictions on launch day, when (for the last time) hundreds of thousands of concurrent players were online.

Trust me man I said the exact same thing when people were trying to say "fewer playlists at launch is better!" We missed our biggest chance with the launch of this game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'll only say one more thing.

Yes, consoles are easier to set up for little kids or parents who are tech illiterate but I feel the true benefit of console gaming is diminishing. Being able to go buy a game, put the cartridge or disc in and off you go. Not anymore, you have to install, deal with singing in online, etc. I think only Nintendo is keeping it simple with their consoles, the X1 and PS4 are closer to PCs than consoles have ever been. The next generation consoles might as well be Steam Machines. 

Edit: Social matches are still "social" matches.

consoles have the benefit of being simple as fuck, you buy a game, it's going to work, and you used to be able to play it instantly, but now we gotta wait 7 hours to play our games. The problem consoles have now is that their simplicity is not balanced with their capability, it's great that anyone can work a console and not have to worry about anything, but this is now coming at a cost, that being weak performances.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

When its 49-49, and you go clutch with the ninja

dsnKWvU.gif