CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is there a point in owning one right now?

Yes. But it's getting smaller every time they release an exclusive on PC.

If it allows modding then the community could create the perfect Halo so why wouldn't they jump ship?

So why not skip waiting for 343 to deliver and start working on something like a Halo version of Battalion 1944?

Those guys wanted a old-School WWII shooter so they started creating a new one instead of modding the latest CoD..

Even if you cannot use the Halo brand, you can advertise it as an spiritual successor of HCE and have full controll over everything!

If by modding you mean just changing damage values of the pistol, then I don't see a PC version making any diferance at all..

This shoulder charge sounds way too much like Spartan Charge. Although, The Coalition handles their games extremely well. They are even going to Title Update GOW3 before GOW4 releases.

Edit: It appears to replace the Mantle Kick and is linked only to cover. Not that bad, actually.

Source? From the image I had the impression that it's when you pull out of cover and someone is right there.

The games would still be exclusives to Microsoft/Xbox. Nintendo and Playstation wouldn't be buying them. That's like saying having a game on the 3DS and on the Wii U will drive people to Playstation.

A lot of people who own a console also own a PC. If I have a PC and I'm trying to decide between an Xbox and a PS and all of the Xbox games are also on PC while the PS has games that can only be played on a PS, I'm obviously not going to buy an Xbox.

Then they would buy a Playstation. Making all your console exclusives multi plat is a great way to make your console irrelevant.

the xbox one is already irrelevant in the console market

the ps4 won this generation, it's not even a competition

the ps4 is on pace to outsell the ps2 (the best selling console of all time)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

xbox one flopped

• Upvote (+1) 5

A lot of people who own a console also own a PC. If I have a PC and I'm trying to decide between an Xbox and a PS and all of the Xbox games are also on PC while the PS has games that can only be played on a PS, I'm obviously not going to buy an Xbox.

Then Xbox could become a PC area. Losing the Xbox console wouldn't kill the Xbox services.

So why not skip waiting for 343 to deliver and start working on something like a Halo version of Battalion 1944?

Those guys wanted a old-School WWII shooter so they started creating a new one instead of modding the latest CoD..

Even if you cannot use the Halo brand, you can advertise it as an spiritual successor of HCE and have full controll over everything!

If by modding you mean just changing damage values of the pistol, then I don't see a PC version making any diferance at all..

Because every time someone makes one it goes nowhere. And a copy of Halo is still a copy. It won't have the same story or community.

riptide, overgrowth, riptide, overgrowth, riptide, overgrowth, riptide, overgrowth,riptide, overgrowth,riptide, overgrowth,riptide, overgrowth.

Fuck FFA is getting annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 3

xbox one flopped

How is it irrelevant lol. It's out pacing 360 sales and if not for unbelievably bad pre launch marketing, who knows how well it would be doing.

Then Xbox could become a PC area. Losing the Xbox console wouldn't kill the Xbox services.

That is a horrible idea.

That is a horrible idea.

You never know. And anyhow a large part of the Xbox community might not even have a PC so they don't lose out on that group.

xbox one flopped

I don't know where you're getting that the PS4 is on track to outsell the PS2? It's not going to come close. No console will likely ever will with the PC's presence in gaming nowadays. The PS4 has already seen their best years in sales and it's not even a quarter of the PS2 sales.

As for the Xbox One, it didn't flop, it just didn't top the PS4. There is a difference.

I don't know where you're getting that the PS4 is on track to outsell the PS2? It's not going to come close. No console will likely ever will with the PC's presence in gaming nowadays. The PS4 has already seen their best years in sales and it's not even a quarter of the PS2 sales.

As for the Xbox One, it didn't flop, it just didn't top the PS4. There is a difference.

I'm not sure which side you agree with.

Because every time someone makes one it goes nowhere. And a copy of Halo is still a copy. It won't have the same story or community.

and what makes you think a mod would not go nowhere? I think most people will still stick to the official dev version instead of playing a mod.

You're making it sound way to easy I think

and what makes you think a mod would not go nowhere? I think most people will still stick to the official dev version instead of playing a mod.

You're making it sound way to easy I think

If you think that then you've never met the Skyrim community.

or any community centered around a Bethesda game, nobody plays the vanilla versions on PC, at the very least they still install the unofficial patches.

I have a hard time believing Xbox One has more units sold than the 360 had 2.5 years into its life cycle.

The 360 was a crazy seller in 2005-2008. Its partly why Halo 2-3 did so well.

I honestly think Halo (and the whole Xbpx brand) should go to PC within the next 10 years. If you have any clue of the gaming business or economics you'd understand its Microsoft's best bet. Or MS needs to go back to selling the consoles at a loss and providing either unmatched pricing or exceptional hardware. Right now it has neither. PC is undeniably the best platform today. The PC market is also much bigger and is getting bigger exponentially. Read some news.

Moving Halo and Xbox to PC would quite literally triple or quadruple Xbox's market reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Skyrim =/= Halo,

Skyrim is a SP game, everybody can pick what mod he wants to use, "we" can't even unite for better HCS settings, what makes you think we could create a universal mod that enough people support?

As much as I'd like to have a simple solution, I'm afraid a mod wouldn't make a huge differance, we depend on a dev to "force" a better gameplay into the game  :/

I have a hard time believing Xbox One has more units sold than the 360 had 2.5 years into its life cycle.

Well. It does.

Your assumptions are based on a false pretense.

I compiled all of my total Halo legacy stats from H2 onwards. I've wasted my life on this game. I love it. I had to finally give up and sell my xbox1 because of Halo 5. I gave it a chance, i really did. It's just not good anymore. Now I'm destroying my time playing R6:Siege on PS4 and I can safely say it's much, much more fun than what 343 is churning out now. 

stuff.jpg

The 360 was a crazy seller in 2005-2008. Its partly why Halo 2-3 did so well.

I honestly think Halo (and the whole Xbpx brand) should go to PC within the next 10 years. If you have any clue of the gaming business or economics you'd understand its Microsoft's best bet. Or MS needs to go back to selling the consoles at a loss and providing either unmatched pricing or exceptional hardware. Right now it has neither. PC is undeniably the best platform today. The PC market is also much bigger and is getting bigger exponentially. Read some news.

Moving Halo and Xbox to PC would quite literally triple or quadruple Xbox's market reach.

I don't think the Xbox brand could survive on PC with steam looming over it. It's better as an exclusive service for consoles, ms just has to make sure it's a quality service, unlike what it is now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would play so much more FFA if it just had a real radar...

Or if it had none, so crouch camping corners with automatics was less of a thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not sure which side you agree with.

Why do I have to pick a side?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/29/ps4-sales-still-outpacing-ps2-closing-in-on-30-million

numbers don't lie, what's not to get?

obviously it's not going to outsell the ps2, the ps2 is/was the worlds best DVD player during that era

i never said the ps4 was going to outsell the ps4

the xbox one 110% flopped, microsoft doesn't even report their console sale numbers anymore, that has to be a good sign, right???  :kappa:

you may be biased, as a halo person, but the xbox one flopped, the ps4 outsold the xb1 4:1 and that ratio is going to grow this year

what numbers are you looking at?

both consoles sold ~10 million in the first 30 months

the xb1 is irrelevant because it's being outsold by a wide and growing margin, has no popular exclusives, and does horribly in asia (big $$$)

the writing is on the walls

the xbox is a loser brand and has been for the last 3 generations (360 and ps3 tied basically, wii won)

I may be biased as a "Halo person"? Do you read anything I say here? I'm the last person that's going to be bias. MS isn't releasing the numbers because they're not good in comparison to PS which doesn't look good to stockholders, though there is a difference from a profit than in comparison to competitors. And if you're going to bring in numbers, it's best not to sound like a Buzzfeed article with clickbait words like "loser brand", "irrelevant" "big $$$", "110% flopped" and linking to IGN articles. Like holy hell.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1