CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I know you guys arent big on the spartan companies, but Whiskey would never come here just to try to get shit started like that. 

Them Sauna guys are silly.

Hey guys, a friend of mine is has an up and coming Halo Youtube Channel. I figured i'd help him out by linking a video that involves both Halo and TB. Enjoy.

taking Warzone seriously :wutface:

Hey guys, a friend of mine is has an up and coming Halo Youtube Channel. I figured i'd help him out by linking a video that involves both Halo and TB. Enjoy.

the scrub mentality is real...

I think why ppl are taking Warzone so seriously, because it is the only part of Halo 5 that has clear effort put into, plus most casuals like it. And the rng clusterfuck.

Okay, today was the last straw for solo Arena. At Diamond 4 I am matching parties of Champ players and that is just crazy. I can't do anything soloing against a full squad that's at that level.

So, anyone and I mean ANYONE (lurkers, gold ranked people, literally anyone) feel free to add me if you want to play. With the lack of party restrictions (fuck off 343) and the new update it is now even worse to play solo. I do not care how awful you are or how high of a rank you are just add me and shoot an invite.

No one deserves the torture of playing this game solo. No one. Let's end this epidemic today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, today was the last straw for solo Arena. At Diamond 4 I am matching parties of Champ players and that is just crazy. I can't do anything soloing against a full squad that's at that level.

Try playing h1 solo in mcc....

343 is absofuckinlutely clueless on how to properly do matchmaking. The part of making a multiplayer game which should be the easiest imo....match similar ranks together and similar party sizes together. Bungie did it in 2007, it's 2016 and you can't get this simple shit right? Is it laziness or incompetence?

Do they really expect ppl to have fun searching alone when they are matching parties, only to get abused? How is that fun? Nothing irks me more than them fucking up something so simple. Bungie may have never really gave too much a fuck about competitive gaming, but they understood how to put out a polished product with working features. This feature working properly alone would ensure that more ppl would enjoy their products. It's not fun searching with a full party or teammates to match solo searchers that don't end up playing well together (for obvious reasons) and it's not fun matching full parties while alone to get teammates that aren't on the same page or without mics, only to be left taking Ls left and right. This is the complete opposite of how a matchmaking system should work in a playlist like Team Arena.

Edit:

Seriously, why isn't this issue being brought up more? This needs to be brought to their attention as something very important that need sto be addressed asap. Do yall enjoy the torture of having no one available to play with so you have to avoid team arena or suffer the fuckery? Do yall like freebies playing with a full party while matching solo searchers? What is it? 

• Upvote (+1) 8

343 is absofuckinlutely clueless on how to properly do matchmaking. The part of making a multiplayer game which should be the easiest imo....match similar ranks with similar ranks an similar parties with similar parties. Bungie did it in 2007, it's 2016 and you can't get this simple shit right?

Do they really expect ppl to have fun searching alone when they are matching parties, only to get abused? How is that fun. Nothing irks me more than them fucking up something so simple. Bungie may have never really gave too much a fuck about competitive gaming, but they understood how to put out a polished product with working features.

H1 solo was soooooooo bad haha. Yea I really don't get why they are so fucking stubborn with having absolutely ZERO party restrictions. It doesn't even prioritize your team size. It's just fucking ridiculous. I played my FIRST game of slayer for te season and matched a To4 with 3 Onyx 1700+ kids and a Champ against my unranked ass, a Diamond 1 kid and 2 Onyx 1500's. And that's te most balanced game I've played today. Good Lord. And they wonder why the population of these games just keeps dropping.

I mean you CANT EVEN FUCKING AIM IN THIS GAME.

Rant over.

So, anyone and I mean ANYONE (lurkers, gold ranked people, literally anyone) feel free to add me if you want to play. With the lack of party restrictions (fuck off 343) and the new update it is now even worse to play solo. I do not care how awful you are or how high of a rank you are just add me and shoot an invite.

No one deserves the torture of playing this game solo. No one. Let's end this epidemic today.

Think I have you added but if not my gt is xWicked Swami. Not sure if I'll be playing much today or not though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think I have you added but if not my gt is xWicked Swami. Not sure if I'll be playing much today or not though.

Yea I got you added. My work schedule is weird as hell but I'll turn my online status on from now on, so if you see me and need 1 shoot me an invite.

I keep forgetting to mention this but has anyone noticed that the in-game brightness keeps resetting itself when you go on the game, I have the brightness set to 5 and when I turn the xbox off and come back on the next day the brightness will have reset but still says it's on 5, it doesn't seem to do this if you just reset the game, it happens when I turn the xbox off and come back on. It's not a huge deal but can get pretty annoying having to keep resetting it otherwise the screen is way too dark, I also wonder if it resets the music and effects volume but that's not as noticeable for me, it does seem like the music gets awfully loud sometimes though, even when I've already lowered it, I reset it along with the brightness everytime I come on the game now.

I think why ppl are taking Warzone so seriously, because it is the only part of Halo 5 that has clear effort put into, plus most casuals like it. And the rng clusterfuck.

It's more casual than BTB. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but winning isn't rewarding and losing is frustrating. Taking Warzone seriously is just going to add nothing but stress to your day.

Seriously, why isn't this issue being brought up more?

I try to bring up problems like this as often as possible, but without getting responses it starts to feel pointless.

Their main argument was search times. Ironically they are not afraid to put in region lock and a "unable to match" pop up. Literally can't play in most of the playlists anymore now.

but I'll turn my online status on from now on

Yeah, I wanted to call you out on that ;) Hard to invite you when you are always off. (as if I would play with a Diamond 4 scrub anyway)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I try to bring up problems like this as often as possible, but without getting responses it starts to feel pointless.

Their main argument was search times. Ironically they are not afraid to put in region lock and a "unable to match" pop up. Literally can't play in most of the playlists anymore now.

Yeah, I wanted to call you out on that ;) Hard to invite you when you are always off. (as if I would play with a Diamond 4 scrub anyway)

Bro but can you 180 quick scope like me?

Bro but can you 180 quick scope like me?

Not with the clunky H5 snipe.

I partially wanna watch the video, but I know it's probably gonna be filled with a bunch of cringetacular callouts, salt, or tryhardishness, courtesy of Wasp and Penguin, mainly. Can someone scale it from 1-10 in terms of cringiness? 

I partially wanna watch the video, but I know it's probably gonna be filled with a bunch of cringetacular callouts, salt, or tryhardishness, courtesy of Wasp and Penguin, mainly. Can someone scale it from 1-10 in terms of cringiness?

I haven't even watched it, and I'm not going to, but bragging about pub stomping in Warzone I'll rate it a solid 10.

It's mainly just a bunch of shit talk honestly.

It's mainly just a bunch of shit talk honestly.

Eck, that's probably worse, tbh. Unneeded arrogance is just... Ew. Also, get fucked. <3

jNUfYTc.png

Eck, that's probably worse, tbh. Unneeded arrogance is just... Ew. Also, get fucked. <3

jNUfYTc.png

I know :( I actually started playing Arena again so RIP. I thought about just playing Big Team since I only have like 20 games in it but I would rather just play the game normal again and not try to stat pad. I've changed my ways.

343 is absofuckinlutely clueless on how to properly do matchmaking. The part of making a multiplayer game which should be the easiest imo....match similar ranks together and similar party sizes together. Bungie did it in 2007, it's 2016 and you can't get this simple shit right? Is it laziness or incompetence?

Do they really expect ppl to have fun searching alone when they are matching parties, only to get abused? How is that fun? Nothing irks me more than them fucking up something so simple. Bungie may have never really gave too much a fuck about competitive gaming, but they understood how to put out a polished product with working features. This feature working properly alone would ensure that more ppl would enjoy their products. It's not fun searching with a full party or teammates to match solo searchers that don't end up playing well together (for obvious reasons) and it's not fun matching full parties while alone to get teammates that aren't on the same page or without mics, only to be left taking Ls left and right. This is the complete opposite of how a matchmaking system should work in a playlist like Team Arena.

Edit:

Seriously, why isn't this issue being brought up more? This needs to be brought to their attention as something very important that need sto be addressed asap. Do yall enjoy the torture of having no one available to play with so you have to avoid team arena or suffer the fuckery? Do yall like freebies playing with a full party while matching solo searchers? What is it?

Dude. It's brought up constantly lol.