CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You make me miss posts about warzone.

Can't ever be happy, can ya? Make Warzone posts, we argue. Make color posts, you bitch about missing Warzone posts. Can't win at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So you play some multiplayer. Good times.

Then you switch over to campaign and the game feels like it's in slow motion.

They have their priorities straight, I just worry about the reaction.

So you play some multiplayer. Good times.

Then you switch over to campaign and the game feels like it's in slow motion.

They have their priorities straight, I just worry about the reaction.

Well considering the average gamer seems to think you can't see above 30FPS anyway I'm not too concerned about that
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Well considering the average gamer seems to think you can't see above 30FPS anyway I'm not too concerned about that

I swear to god I can hardly tell the difference.

I remember bouncing between H3 and COD games and everyone else would be like "omfg 30fps my eyes are bleeding". i'd be like, "uh, sure ya".

I remember bouncing between H3 and COD games and everyone else would be like "omfg 30fps my eyes are bleeding". i'd be like, "uh, sure ya".

COD games werent even 60 FPS I thought until next gen

They just used a lot of visual trickery and animation techniques to make it look 60fps right

And i have no idea how you can't tell

They just used a lot of visual trickery and animation techniques to make it look 60fps right

Pretty sure they've been 60fps since COD4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope, I'm pretty sure CoD was 60FPS for every title starting around one of the Modern Warfare titles.

I used to not be able to tell either, but after playing 60fps MCC and H5 going back to play H3 and GoW2 horde mode on 360 looked and felt just terrible.

Nope, I'm pretty sure CoD was 60FPS for every title starting around one of the Modern Warfare titles.

I swear on my life i remember reading something about them having false 60 fps

Personally thought the 360 couldnt actually handle 60 fps tbh

Been able to search FFA (and ranked in general) 24/7 was something I missed. I'm so glad 343 fixed that and rank locks. Certainly an expected feature, but regardless one of the best updates since launch.

• Upvote (+1) 4

GG's to @, @, and @Eclipseee played you all in some fiesta the other night and you guys had a pretty nice comeback on me. went ahead and added you fellas 

Edit: sorry for butchering your beyond name eclipse, not sure what it is off the top of my head

I hate that i can't play Halo all night, it seems at 2:30AM, everyone in Europe just logs out 'til the early morning

GG's to @, @, and @Eclipseee played you all in some fiesta the other night and you guys had a pretty nice comeback on me. went ahead and added you fellas

WHAAAAAAT

What game was this

WHAAAAAAT

What game was this

it was a team fiesta game on plaza last night i think, i was on the other team and my team was up 44 to 36 or something like that, and you guys pulled it out 50-49. was a fun one 

it was a team fiesta game on plaza last night i think, i was on the other team and my team was up 44 to 36 or something like that, and you guys pulled it out 50-49. was a fun one

Oh shit yeah i remember getting so hyped about that
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh shit yeah i remember getting so hyped about that

yea i was actually kinda mad but then i remembered i was just playing social solo lol. Fiesta has been super fun so far, i really hope it comes around quite a bit. This game really needs some good social playlists bad. its good to just mess around and unwind

Gears of War Ultimate Edition did the whole 60FPS MP/30FPS Campaign and it felt like shit. 

For the love of christ, don't go back to 30FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not so much that they had a false 60 as much as they (the Campaign modes mostly) didn't hold a consistent 60. The multiplayer modes on the other hand reach(ed) the target frame rate most of the time.

I can tell pretty easily when something's 30 or 60fps. And I've always preferred performance over graphics. I mean, after all,, games often stand the test of time thanks to their art style, not their fidelity. Like, Halo CE and 3 are still visually appealing to me, even if the humans end up looking like half-melted clay monsters.

EDIT:

Just gonna post this video again.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Glad Microsoft is going more towards PC now, actually in the future you might have to pay more for an "upgraded" Xbox if you want 1080p 60fps in both multiplayer and campaign.

Now I just gotta heckle phil spencer to make the windows store better.

That's crazy. Not that I mind games at 30fps, but the difference is incredibly obvious to me, in a "I can't believe you don't notice this" kind of way.

If we're talking Xbox, it's been 60fps since CoD 2.

EDIT Though I'll add that the game dropped frames like crazy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The CoD games were all upscaled from a very small resolution. That's how it was able to handle a solid 60fps.

The CoD games were all upscaled from a very small resolution. That's how it was able to handle a solid 60fps.

it's all built from Id tech 3 right? Id imagine that would allow for some flexible visuals.