CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The problem with that is, given our current tools, Forge World wouldn't be that useful. At the most, it'd be a bigger Alpine.

We need empty canvases and a more diverse selection of terrain pieces. Once we get a water canvas, we'll be able to recreate most of Forge World's locations.

how so? it was useful when we had less, the forge community literally exploded with reach because of what we could do with forge world at THAT time, what about now? the problem i have with empty canvases is that you waste budget making the terrain that would've already been made, premade terrain that can be edited (in the manner that we can now) allows you to actually have the extra details that any map would have, without wasting the resources.

ok, now imagine all of that kind of cool stuff on forge world, it only increases the amount of potential the mode has, especially with warzone, literally none of the forge maps are big enough to support that game mode. And let's not forget the terrain we can add to forge world itself, you point out its pre made terrain as a negative, yet it boasts far more interesting pre made terrain than the maps we have, which are just as pre made, it objectively offers more than what we have, add it it back with all those tools would literally be amazing for the community, hell, forge world was awesome without all that, I can't even imagine how cool the map would be if we could do all the things we can do now with it.

I'm not disagreeing that it would be awesome.  But realistically, it's been how long since forge has come out and we've gotten very few pieces.  How long do you think it would take the forge team (which if I recall is only 5 or 6 people) to remake forge world? As opposed to the other feature list we could be getting sooner instead.  That's all I mean by it.  Trying to prioritize here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not disagreeing that it would be awesome.  But realistically, it's been how long since forge has come out and we've gotten very few pieces.  How long do you think it would take the forge team (which if I recall is only 5 or 6 people) to remake forge world? As opposed to the other feature list we could be getting sooner instead.  That's all I mean by it.  Trying to prioritize here.

fair enough, thats an argument i can understand. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what the Focus Rifle was? I weapon that couldn't even kill a Halo 5 magnum user.

Uh, what?

That thing was a beast.

It felt horrible to use. It was a clunkier Sentinel Beam.

Speak for yourself. Though most people ignored it. I used it constantly when it was available and shit on kids with it.

Edit-yep according to bnet it was the weapon I had the best k/d with (15.00)

Did I spy Promethean Vision?  :kappa: (and shield as well as hologram)

Hopefully, these abilities or equipment whatever you call them don't slow things down. I think the demon powerups are an interesting idea but it seems like it goes the route of the Hero in SW: Battlefront: Lots of power but low potential for anything advanced.

They're equipment you can spawn with when you select your loadout.

There's also no map pickups aside from health, armor, and the demon rune.

They're equipment you can spawn with when you select your loadout.

There's also no map pickups aside from health, armor, and the demon rune.

I am very disappointed that Doom's multiplayer is choosing to follow this route. They retain the arena aspect of having to collect health and armor, but the loadout junk is ridiculous. I mean, even Halo 5 has more arena aspects to it.

When you make your burns wordy they suck

I beg to differ, I find burns that challenge the other persons intellect to be the best kind.

I beg to differ, I find burns that challenge the other persons intellect to be the best kind.

Exactly. If you manage to make a person stop and think, to allow them to conjure up a proper response, then you most likely did something right. That excludes saying something stupid enough to completely baffle the opposition, though.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Riptide would be so good if there was an opening on both sides of Blue Hall/Wind Tunnel. Either another circular entrance or another window/opening entirely.

Spawns and some geometry/routes would have to be changed on Blue Tree/Dunes/Garden side but giving that Blue Hall some breathing room is super necessary. Too late to change now though  :lxthul:

Exactly. If you manage to make a person stop and think, to allow them to conjure up a proper response, then you most likely did something right. That excludes saying something stupid enough to completely baffle the opposition, though.

Ok guys lets circlejerk eachother we all know big words :lxthul:

I know this is Halo 5 GD but that new Doom trailer is giving me some halo vibes. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

It reminds me a lot more of Halo than Halo 5. Even the guy you are playing as looks like a Spartan. 

I honestly almost think they were going for something similar to the old Halo's on purpose. 

Sprint is gone which is good, but there is still a tad bit too much animations. Or at least, they should be even quicker.

And I don't think that is gameplay non-scripted gameplay. They kill too fast compared to what I have seen in other gameplay. 

And the movement looks slower as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those were hardly big words.

Oh jesus christ this forum has a stick up their ass 24/7

First the "afk while you guys grind" comment and now this

Pls

Oh jesus christ this forum has a stick up their ass 24/7

First the "afk while you guys grind" comment and now this

Pls

It's a stick? Always thought it was a d.....wait shouldn't finish that.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a stick? Always thought it was a d.....wait shouldn't finish that.

Its ok @ is experienced with that sort of thing

• Downvote (-1) 2

...shes 17, i would hope not.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Too be able to do that you have to have the ability to socialize with people. :kappa:

Also what Grim said.

Anybody know where I can get a good Octogon map? I wanna try improving my aim with a friend.

Anybody know where I can get a good Octogon map? I wanna try improving my aim with a friend.

Bunniez23's or Activee's file share

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just love these random moments when nobody talks. Or nobody is on. It's like you're sitting around a table with people and nobody speaks so it gets super uncomfortable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just love these random moments when nobody talks. Or nobody is on. It's like you're sitting around a table with people and nobody speaks so it gets super uncomfortable.

It's more like everyone else is doing something else but you are still around the table doing nothing

It's more like everyone else is doing something else but you are still around the table doing nothing

I never leave the table. The table is love. The table is life.