CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

There's more than enough space to make a racetrack even on the smallest canvas. I don't see much of a point in a forge world remake honestly, seems like a terrible use of resources.

with all the new tools, we would really be able to take advantage of forge worlds variety of terrain, greater object count is also a big plus. The map is simply better for more creative players.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Forge team is on-point. The fact that they consistently respond to feedback and add features we ask for (i.e. scripting folders) is proof of that.

The multiplayer team on the other hand...

I wrote a comment in a thread on r/halo praising Tom French's level of communication within the forge community. I think a fair amount of people agreed with me in terms of upvoting but every comment basically had to do with the fact that we would just complain if we had more communication and they couldn't deliver it on time..

I have no idea how people can defend 343's lack of transparency. Whether or not I agree with the answers or decisions I appreciate when Josh does come here and add some insight. I feel like I've said this multiple times but isn't I'm pretty disappointed with how Bravo somewhat disappeared.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is your mother.

Speak not ill of my beloved Forge World.

@@Sal1ent you are adorable, but mama disaproves of ulimited nades off the back of Mongoose. Your homework assignment for the day is to have this patched tout suite. Otherwise, mama spank.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I have no idea how people can defend 343's lack of transparency.

Simple - because most people think that because Bravo posts "looking into it" a lot on /r/Halo, that it makes 343 transparent.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Simple - because most people think that because Bravo posts "looking into it" a lot on /r/Halo, that it makes 343 transparent.

"I'll pass this info to the appropriate people."

"OMG 343 you're the best developers ever!"

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Sal1ent can we please at least try one season where the ranks don't reset the next month?

Getting to high levels doesn't feel very meaningful when its temporary

As if YOU would know how that feel :kappa:

I thought people confirmed this already?

Maybe, idk. Its the first time I saw actual ranks for a social playlist. Even the "social" champion exists. But I will continue to complain about it anyway ;)

The Forge team is on-point. The fact that they consistently respond to feedback and add features we ask for (i.e. scripting folders) is proof of that.

The multiplayer team on the other hand...

Imagine if the entirety of 343 was ran the way the Forge team is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is your mother.

Speak not ill of my beloved Forge World.

@@Sal1ent you are adorable, but mama disaproves of ulimited nades off the back of Mongoose. Your homework assignment for the day is to have this patched tout suite. Otherwise, mama spank.

didn't know mama June was Holmes' real mother.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As if YOU would know how that feel :kappa:

I would if the seasons werent so short :(

I am also improving a lot so fuk u

Updated my sig to have the Discord chat link. Join up if you want to party up for grinding of the Magnum Opus Emblem. :D

I know this is Halo 5 GD but that new Doom trailer is giving me some halo vibes. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know this is Halo 5 GD but that new Doom trailer is giving me some halo vibes. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

ok, ill admit, that looked bad ass, but all the animations and loadouts are going to annoy me i just know it...

It's really really simply to make any single part of forge world using the terrain pieces we have, I don't understand the issue.  It wouldn't take more than 100 out of the 1000 object limit to remake a canyon the size of blood gulch in Forge.  Unless you want forge world to use the ENTIRE forge world, and that's just silly.  I understand there are some interesting mini games to come out of that but it's a very large workload for a very small payout of the advantages a forge world canvas would provide. 

I'd rather they didn't waste resources and dev time on that, especially considering the extensive plans and wishlist Tom French has tweeted for Forge, there's so many other incredible applications that we'll be getting in the coming years.  He's already tweeted about AI placement in forge, campaign building, water canvases, the warzone req stations, in due time forgers will be making their own [much better] warzone maps.  That's going to be put on hold for what, weeks? Months? So people can have some premade terrain that they could easily make themselves in half an hour? I can't honestly think of a single forger on my friends list that would have FW brought back.  It'd be such a waste.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did I spy Promethean Vision?  :kappa: (and shield as well as hologram)

Hopefully, these abilities or equipment whatever you call them don't slow things down. I think the demon powerups are an interesting idea but it seems like it goes the route of the Hero in SW: Battlefront: Lots of power but low potential for anything advanced.

I'm very exited for Doom but it looks like it has some slow movement speed. Wish it was faster but it still looks like it will be a lot of fun.

It's really really simply to make any single part of forge world using the terrain pieces we have, I don't understand the issue. It wouldn't take more than 100 out of the 1000 object limit to remake a canyon the size of blood gulch in Forge. Unless you want forge world to use the ENTIRE forge world, and that's just silly. I understand there are some interesting mini games to come out of that but it's a very large workload for a very small payout of the advantages a forge world canvas would provide.

I'd rather they didn't waste resources and dev time on that, especially considering the extensive plans and wishlist Tom French has tweeted for Forge, there's so many other incredible applications that we'll be getting in the coming years. He's already tweeted about AI placement in forge, campaign building, water canvases, the warzone req stations, in due time forgers will be making their own [much better] warzone maps. That's going to be put on hold for what, weeks? Months? So people can have some premade terrain that they could easily make themselves in half an hour? I can't honestly think of a single forger on my friends list that would have FW brought back. It'd be such a waste.

ok, now imagine all of that kind of cool stuff on forge world, it only increases the amount of potential the mode has, especially with warzone, literally none of the forge maps are big enough to support that game mode. And let's not forget the terrain we can add to forge world itself, you point out its pre made terrain as a negative, yet it boasts far more interesting pre made terrain than the maps we have, which are just as pre made, it objectively offers more than what we have, add it it back with all those tools would literally be amazing for the community, hell, forge world was awesome without all that, I can't even imagine how cool the map would be if we could do all the things we can do now with it.

The animations you get when getting kills as the monster looks annoying.

ok, now imagine all of that kind of cool stuff on forge world, it only increases the amount of potential the mode has, especially with warzone, literally none of the forge maps are big enough to support that game mode. And let's not forget the terrain we can add to forge world itself, you point out its pre made terrain as a negative, yet it boasts far more interesting pre made terrain than the maps we have, which are just as pre made, it objectively offers more than what we have, add it it back with all those tools would literally be amazing for the community, hell, forge world was awesome without all that, I can't even imagine how cool the map would be if we could do all the things we can do now with it.

As far as things go, Forge World isn't that special. Really, it's only defining feature is that it's large, and even then, like most preset canvases, it's a relic from the Halo 3-era where we couldn't place terrain.

Sure it'd be a nice nostalgic piece, but I'd rather have the tools to create Forge World than be able to Forge on it.

That means more terrain pieces, a larger object palette, etc.

As far as things go, Forge World isn't that special. Really, it's only defining feature is that it's large, and even then, like most preset canvases, it's a relic from the Halo 3-era where we couldn't place terrain.

Sure it'd be a nice nostalgic piece, but I'd rather have the tools to create Forge World than be able to Forge on it.

That means more terrain pieces, a larger object palette, etc.

you can extend that logic to the current maps, why have preset terrain at all then(isnt this the reason forge even works in the first place, were editing a premade canvas which keeps its file size small no?)? forge world was good because its concept hadnt been seen on a console, it being huge was only one part of it, its variety of locations to edit was what really made it what it was, and with all the new tools we have now, we would be given so much more freedom, seems like a win for me.

you can extend that logic to the current maps, why have preset terrain at all then(isnt this the reason forge even works in the first place, were editing a premade canvas which keeps its file size small no?)? forge world was good because its concept hadnt been seen on a console, it being huge was only one part of it, its variety of locations to edit was what really made it what it was, and with all the new tools we have now, we would be given so much more freedom, seems like a win for me.

The problem with that is, given our current tools, Forge World wouldn't be that useful. At the most, it'd be a bigger Alpine.

We need empty canvases and a more diverse selection of terrain pieces. Once we get a water canvas, we'll be able to recreate most of Forge World's locations.

would also like to say, i would've liked one giant forge canvas with differing climates and terrain, that would've been really interesting imo, rather than the really tight specified canvases we have now.