CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The Duel was amazing. My favorite by far, behind The Package. I just loved the art style with The Duel, and I loved how they portrayed Fal. Also, the insane 1 vs. 1000 fight scene. CAN'T get over that.

I loved the in depth look at sanghelli culture, they're fucking samurai, that's awesome.

Lol that's only my solo playstyle. I have to do it because nobody else does it, you know randoms just hold forward. When I play in parties I just do whatever they don't do. I'll go -20 and grab flags all day if I have to. But 99% of my friends are worse than me so I usually slay around the 50 yard line. Or get behind the enemies. I play sneaky as hell I hate being the brick wall guy.

But you normally anchor? Who slays on your squad? I kinda wanna know how you guys play.

Couldn't tell you. I just...play

And slay a lot. I try my best to assist but mostly im trying to distract or kill while someone else caps a flag or arms a bomb. I lose focus really quick and its REALLY difficult for me to slow down so i just move around a lot and take out people for my team

Couldn't tell you. I just...play

And slay a lot. I try my best to assist but mostly im trying to distract or kill while someone else caps a flag or arms a bomb. I lose focus really quick and its REALLY difficult for me to slow down so i just move around a lot and take out people for my team

Ah interesting. That's definitely different than I play, but I play slow. A lot of zoning and controlling rather than aggression. At least you slay and protect the obj player, randoms just go to any part of the map and just sit there.

I loved the in depth look at sanghelli culture, they're fucking samurai, that's awesome.

Should've seen how many people thought that the idea of a Japanese-inspired Sanghelios was stupid. I personally loved it. Especially Harka and his Samurai-esque armor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Should've seen how many people thought that the idea of a Japanese-inspired Sanghelios was stupid. I personally loved it. Especially Harka and his Samurai-esque armor.

those people are probably trump supporters...

When you go 6-102 with 1 win and get placed Silver 6>>>>>. It seems they adjusted placements for Diamond/Onyx but still made Bronze more elite than either of those 2 divisions. Dammit.

Also, while doing this is I played with a guy that recognized I wasn't really playing and he let me sit in his base lmao. Then I matched him again, but this time he was on my team. So I decided to follow him around and just teabag the shit out of his corpse when he would die. He was using his mic and dying of laughter it was pretty hilarious.

Anyone else having trouble finding matches? Atm im not finding anything and when I do I'm vs champion and high onyx players when I'm diamond lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

XIf4b2J.jpg

Dude has his highest rank in Griffball. Like many people supposed already, H5's version of social is literally the exact same as the ranked playlist. Only difference is that your rank is not showing in game. Stats such as K/D or W/L count in as well with the normal ranked arena stats.

While I maybe won't have to care about my rank dropping, it is in no way a fun, chilled or social experience at all. I get the exact same experience as in ranked arena just without getting rewarded with a rank for trying

I have to disagree with how social playlists work at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The fact that it takes them so long to change the matching system (which theyve said before) just doesnt make any sense to me. Why would you build your system completely based of ranked and MMR matchmaking? since when has Halo been all about ranking and SBMM? Never, actually. Social has always been the ball pit that everyone can jump into, find a game, do stupid non-competetive things and focus on fun rather than focusing on not getting murdered by sweaties. Hell, even warzone's matchmaking would be 10x better then what social has now.

Anyone else having trouble finding matches? Atm im not finding anything and when I do I'm vs champion and high onyx players when I'm diamond lol

Tried searching in the FFA playlist last night and ended up getting an error saying that 'there may not be enough players to support this playlist' message, which is interesting since straight after that I searched some Halo 1 on MCC and pretty much instantly got a game haha. Same thing happened when I tried the FFA playlist again this morning; no games, same message and again, found a game pretty quick on MCC searching doubles straight after...

Would be really interesting to see what the population is tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

XIf4b2J.jpg

Dude has his highest rank in Griffball. Like many people supposed already, H5's version of social is literally the exact same as the ranked playlist. Only difference is that your rank is not showing in game. Stats such as K/D or W/L count in as well with the normal ranked arena stats.

While I maybe won't have to care about my rank dropping, it is in no way a fun, chilled or social experience at all. I get the exact same experience as in ranked arena just without getting rewarded with a rank for trying

I have to disagree with how social playlists work at the moment.

This is really annoying. I would play this game all the time if it had real social.

I dont wanna play Warzone as I find it boring, we just need some social arena playlists so bad. If this released with real social playlists the population probably wouldn't have dropped so bad.

The majority of players are casuals who'll only wanna play social, so when there isnt any social for them to play theyll just leave the game.

So, past this other stuff, what in 343i's mind were they thinking when they began making a commendation based on surviving an entire Breakout match? Seriously. I get the flag returns, I get the vehicle kills, I get the A.I kills. I do NOT get surviving an entire round in a one life, fast paced, elimination gametype.

I'm currently doing that as well. I have all the other commendations completed except for the victories and immortal.

Magnum Opus nears ladies and gents. I'm down to group up and grind immortals.

I'm currently doing that as well. I have all the other commendations completed except for the victories and immortal.

Magnum Opus nears ladies and gents. I'm down to group up and grind immortals.

Any idea how many Immortals you need to get in total? I'd be down to help because I really want to get Magnum Opus too, but that one Commendation is such a slap in the face.

When you go 6-102 with 1 win and get placed Silver 6>>>>>. It seems they adjusted placements for Diamond/Onyx but still made Bronze more elite than either of those 2 divisions. Dammit.

Also, while doing this is I played with a guy that recognized I wasn't really playing and he let me sit in his base lmao. Then I matched him again, but this time he was on my team. So I decided to follow him around and just teabag the shit out of his corpse when he would die. He was using his mic and dying of laughter it was pretty hilarious.

Do you play on that silver account?

Any idea how many Immortals you need to get in total? I'd be down to help because I really want to get Magnum Opus too, but that one Commendation is such a slap in the face.

It was easier on arena breakout because you could easily be an HLGesus.

If it's like Against all Odds, it can go as follows:

1: 3

2: 6

3: 9

4: 15

5: 30

I'm at rank 3 right now at 2/9. It could get nasty as we go up. Here's hoping 343 had some logic and left it to only increase by 3 each rank.

I'm going to make a Discord group for Magnum Opus. We can catch people up and help out as needed. I'll add you Matt, and Raven from here. Anyone else interested?

Do you play on that silver account?

Its the account I got Bronze 1 in last season and played till Gold.

May have something to do with my absence lol.

Maybe lol. I just noticed I was close to 1st so I played 2 games of Big Team. I'm just basking in the glory for a little, then I am gonna go ruin it again.