CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Those fuckboys are the ones trying to get the win while you're communicating dick bupkis to us :P

You're not going to be thecone who stops me from getting onyx  

To be fair, we've won almost every single match we've played, bar one on Eden, despite my silence. Quite good in my mind. You're not just "trying" to win. You ARE winning.

So, past this other stuff, what in 343i's mind were they thinking when they began making a commendation based on surviving an entire Breakout match? Seriously. I get the flag returns, I get the vehicle kills, I get the A.I kills. I do NOT get surviving an entire round in a one life, fast paced, elimination gametype.

You seem to be under the impression that devs add checklists to their games for some rational reason that relates to the enjoyment of the game.

They exist to keep you chasing the carrot. Modern Game Industry Player Retention 101.

To be fair, we've won almost every single match we've played, bar one on Eden, despite my silence. Quite good in my mind. You're not just "trying" to win. You ARE winning.

I honestly dont care if you dont talk because you at least listen to our callouts n shit but like 343 has stupidly decided to make power up spawns dynamic so its kinda important to know when they come up :/

I honestly dont care if you dont talk because you at least listen to our callouts n shit but like 343 has stupidly decided to make power up spawns dynamic so its kinda important to know when they come up :/

Pros and Cons to Dynamic Spawns ;)

Maybe one of you can hang by me in game. I mean, Eclipse did so on Regret, and for the Rig, partially, and it worked well in terms of callouts, and letting us know who had the OS/AC. Even worked well in terms of teamwork overall, since we were near one another constantly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pros and Cons to Dynamic Spawns ;)

The cons far outweigh the pros

Maybe one of you can hang by me in game. I mean, Eclipse did so on Regret, and for the Rig, partially, and it worked well in terms of callouts, and letting us know who had the OS/AC. Even worked well in terms of teamwork overall, since we were near one another constantly.

I cant do that though i do my own thing a lot in game and its really hard for me to slow down like you do when you play

Subjective.

In fact I personally prefer Dynamic Powerups, but would objectively say that both options are equally additive to a competitive environment, both in their own ways.

I cant do that though i do my own thing a lot in game and its really hard for me to slow down like you do when you play

Hence why I said "one of you". Eclipse could easily hang around me when we near powerup spawn time, since he communicates well, and can seemingly slow himself down and speed his gameplay style up "erratically" like me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're not just "trying" to win. You ARE winning.

This motivational speech brought to you by Raven Celica and sponsored by Team Beyond.net.

This motivational speech brought to you by Raven Celica and sponsored by Team Beyond.net.

"The power to do this was inside us all ALONG, guys!"

Subjective.

In fact I personally prefer Dynamic Powerups, but would objectively say that both options are equally additive to a competitive environment, both in their own ways.

I prefer equal opportunity in my Halo games and think dynamic powerups ruin that immensely so I'll have to disagree with that....but to each their own.

Hence why I said "one of you". Eclipse could easily hang around me when we near powerup spawn time, since he communicates well, and can seemingly slow himself down and speed his gameplay style up "erratically" like me.

Well good for him hopehe enjoys being a babysitter :P

Nah but seriously its whatever its usually not even you who nabs the overshield or whatever so its not a huge issue, i just make an educated guess whenever you pick it up and im usually right

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well good for him hopehe enjoys being a babysitter :P

Nah but seriously its whatever its usually not even you who nabs the overshield or whatever so its not a huge issue, i just make an educated guess whenever you pick it up and im usually right

Babysitter?

the-babysitter-halo-legends.jpg

Kelly and Kill (what is your name? I wanna start calling you by your name in match) I am a firm believer in controlling the OS or rocket/sniper area when it's about to spawn so we can get it. I like to slow down and control it until we get it then move over to fast gameplay. Seems like Kelly and I have very similar playing style :flames:

Kelly and Kill (what is your name? I wanna start calling you by your name in match) I am a firm believer in controlling the OS or rocket/sniper area when it's about to spawn so we can get it. I like to slow down and control it until we get it then move over to fast gameplay. Seems like Kelly and I have very similar playing style :flames:

Great minds think alike. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh my lore

At least Spike Spiegel is canon.

Legends_marine.png

I actually liked this episode and thought it was the best one.

My playstyle consists of me having to hold spawns and watch flanks because the randoms I play with are hyper-aggressive ass clowns. I swear people have no idea how to play Halo nowadays. But then again, I remember about 90% of my games on Lockout consisted of teammates pushing top/bottom mid OVER AND OVER.

The solo life is a struggle.

My playstyle consists of me having to hold spawns and watch flanks because the randoms I play with are hyper-aggressive ass clowns. I swear people have no idea how to play Halo nowadays. But then again, I remember about 90% of my games on Lockout consisted of teammates pushing top/bottom mid OVER AND OVER.

The solo life is a struggle.

Welp looks like we're never teaming in arena
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The duel

I think that's my favorite episode, besides the origins episodes, those where fantastic.

I think that's my favorite episode, besides the origins episodes, those where fantastic.

The Duel was amazing. My favorite by far, behind The Package. I just loved the art style with The Duel, and I loved how they portrayed Fal. Also, the insane 1 vs. 1000 fight scene. CAN'T get over that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welp looks like we're never teaming in arena

Lol that's only my solo playstyle. I have to do it because nobody else does it, you know randoms just hold forward. When I play in parties I just do whatever they don't do. I'll go -20 and grab flags all day if I have to. But 99% of my friends are worse than me so I usually slay around the 50 yard line. Or get behind the enemies. I play sneaky as hell I hate being the brick wall guy.

But you normally anchor? Who slays on your squad? I kinda wanna know how you guys play.

@@FrankTheShow wanting someone to get decked because they spawn kill people in a video game, that just goes to show you a lot of people have personal vendettas and tell us we take the game to serious but yet people want shit like this to happen.  If anything it seems like its the other way around. 

Honestly not sure if he means in the game or real life.. lol

GGs @