CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You don't need to show the enemy mercy, but you don't need to be an asshat in playing against them. It's fine to go hard or go home, I don't argue that, but it isn't fine to purposely abuse an exploit and guarantee to lessen their enjoyment of the game overall. People enjoy competition, yes, but they do not enjoy not being able to walk out of their spawns due to infinite grenade spam.

The whole reason they are in the spawn trap is because they weren't good enough to hang with the enemy team before req 3. You are making them out to sound helpless like they never had a chance.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The whole reason they are in the spawn trap is because they weren't good enough to hang with the enemy team before req 3. You are making them out to sound helpless like they never had a chance.

There's a difference between beating a team back to their base, and then beating a team and exploiting an atrocious spawn system. 

I'd assume you can discern the difference. 

There's a difference between beating a team back to their base, and then beating a team and exploiting an atrocious spawn system. 

I'd assume you can discern the difference. 

i do consider it an exploit, however to me the difference between beating a team back and farming them off spawn is just the difference between beating someone hard and beating someone harder

i do consider it an exploit, however to me the difference between beating a team back and farming them off spawn is just the difference between beating someone hard and beating someone harder

No, man. That's not the difference lol

But w/e, I really don't care what you guys do, I'd probably just quit since I don't have the time or patience to "try hard" anymore on Halo if I did get spawn trapped.

There's no use in trying to break out of something that's clearly broken, and like you said, an exploit. 

No, man. That's not the difference lol

But w/e, I really don't care what you guys do, I'd probably just quit since I don't have the time or patience to "try hard" anymore on Halo if I did get spawn trapped.

There's no use in trying to break out of something that's clearly broken, and like you said, an exploit. 

yeah, you can break out of it though

yeah, you can break out of it though

It's incredibly difficult. Especially against a team w/ the best REQ collection. Not everybody spends 90% of their lives playing. Not to sound like a dick, it's just the truth. 

I understand full well what i am doing, i understand i play a toxic role in the community and best case scenario people like me are a thorn in halos side.

Well that's a start  :lxthul:

Who cares if Warzone doesn't have any "comeback mechanics" why would you want something like that anyway, forcing close games is casual and i know how much halo players like to distance themself from casual things.

Also the game desgin always allows the players to have a chance to outplay, if one team couldn't outplay another team then the same better team wouldn't be farming people every game.

What?

1. Any competitive game (I'm not referring to sweat mm or eSports, I'm just talking about Player vs. Player multiplayer) should allow an even chance for both teams to fight back against a deficit. The mechanics/designs that you are abusing do not allow for such a fight.

2. No, Warzone Assault (and Warzone in certain regards) is specifically removing tools from the players in a deficit, and giving the advantaged players further tools to abuse that deficit.

• REQ Levels eventually snowball, but WZA has no win condition other than to let the time run out, so this snowballing becomes problematic with no end in sight
  • REQ Loadouts promote completely unfair starts, and as the snowball continues the Delta between teams' weapon strengths increases
  • Power Weapon REQs combined with Map Design (Snipers on top of Garage, Gungoose Nade Spam into the Spawn Location) eliminate any chance at a fair fight for the Attackers

If you are going to accept that what you are doing is toxic and broken, then I applaud you. But don't try to justify it by insisting that your victims (and yes, I say victims) have any remote chance at fighting back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well that's a start  :lxthul:

What?

1. Any competitive game (I'm not referring to sweat mm or eSports, I'm just talking about Player vs. Player multiplayer) should allow an even chance for both teams to fight back against a deficit. The mechanics/designs that you are abusing do not allow for such a fight.

2. No, Warzone Assault (and Warzone in certain regards) is specifically removing tools from the players in a deficit, and giving the advantaged players further tools to abuse that deficit.

• REQ Levels eventually snowball, but WZA has no win condition other than to let the time run out, so this snowballing becomes problematic with no end in sight
  • REQ Loadouts promote completely unfair starts, and as the snowball continues the Delta between teams' weapon strengths increases
  • Power Weapon REQs combined with Map Design (Snipers on top of Garage, Gungoose Nade Spam into the Spawn Location) eliminate any chance at a fair fight for the Attackers

If you are going to accept that what you are doing is toxic and broken, then I applaud you. But don't try to justify it by insisting that your victims (and yes, I say victims) have any remote chance at fighting back.

They lost their chance to be victims the moment they hit the A button on the Warzone playlist, the only thing they are the victim of is not getting the gaming experience they wanted or expected

• Downvote (-1) 4

This. Most people I met through halo didn't really jump to other games. They just gave up either with reach or h4.

I don't understand how you guys can keep hanging onto the series. Most of my friends have quit as well. Actually, none plays Halo 5 regularly anymore, but maybe once a week or something. 

Hey 343, can you please let Europeans connect to European servers?

Sincerely, Europe.

Why? It is their fault. If you match superior opposition, they will beat you. It's their perogative to decide just how bad that will be. Don't like it? Too bad.

I remember matching a full triggers down squad in the MLG list in h3 on Onslaught. They destroyed us. They got us into a spawn trap. They could have capped a lot faster than they did. Maybe they were practicing stats. Maybe they were just having fun spawn killing us. Who knows. Either way, that's their perogative. I didn't bitch. I sent them GG messages and went on with my life.

You entirely missed my point, but whatever keeps you asleep at night, I guess. :P

They lost their chance to be victims the moment they hit the A button on the Warzone playlist, the only thing they are the victim of is not getting the gaming experience they wanted or expected

This response would be true if you were the majority. Understandable argument, but considering you are 1% of the Warzone population (5-10% MAX), then that shouldn't be a burden they have to hold.

I swear everybody I get on my team forgets how to play Halo during the day.

You say forget, I say learning how to adjust to this silly aiming mechanic.

This response would be true if you were the majority. Understandable argument, but considering you are 1% of the Warzone population (5-10% MAX), then that shouldn't be a burden they have to hold.

I could argue that since i am only 1% of the Warzone population people shouldn't care because the 99 other games will be fine. People always talk about the games they get farmed in, no one ever talks about that one game they won 1000-75

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't understand how you guys can keep hanging onto the series. Most of my friends have quit as well. Actually, none plays Halo 5 regularly anymore, but maybe once a week or something.

probably because their opinions are based on their experience of the game. I'm pretty much done with 5, but if some people like it, then fine, they shouldn't stop playing it because I dislike it.

I left a couple months into h4. That was rock bottom for the halo franchise. I jumped ship to PS4.

Once the MCC began to become playable I was spending a decent amount of time over at my brother's place playing and H5 seemed playable so I traded my PS4 for an xb1. h5 is....decent. It's nowhere near the quality of the original trilogy but I do have some fun with it.

I left a couple months into h4. That was rock bottom for the halo franchise. I jumped ship to PS4.

Once the MCC began to become playable I was spending a decent amount of time over at my brother's place playing and H5 seemed playable so I traded my PS4 for an xb1. h5 is....decent. It's nowhere near the quality of the original trilogy but I do have some fun with it.

That's what standards of halo has come to nowdays.."meh it's ok, could be better".

You entirely missed my point, but whatever keeps you asleep at night, I guess. :P

What is your point then?

When you enter into MM you face the chance of matching vastly superior opposition. When that happens they have every right to do whatever the hell they want in that game.

I could argue that since i am only 1% of the Warzone population people shouldn't care because the 99 other games will be fine. People always talk about the games they get farmed in, no one ever talks about that one game they won 1000-75

Agreed. Still an issue though, and exploited issues grow exponentially as the abused learn to become the abusers.

What is your point then?

When you enter into MM you face the chance of matching vastly superior opposition. When that happens they have every right to do whatever the hell they want in that game.

how do you have so many upvotes

• Downvote (-1) 1