CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Holy hell.

• A player can quit out of campaign game with no punishment
  • Faulty AI/Game Saves are an issue with the game development. Granted, 343 developed Warzone to unintentionally allow these things, but spawn trapping is preventable whereas an AI Trap is not.
  • Lowering your threshold of human understanding to that of a scripted AI doesn't justify you abusing poorly designed game mechanics.

Your first point is sound.

Spawn trapping is preventable the same way its preventable in campaign, Don't like being instantly aimbotted by a halo 2 jackal sniper? Shoot fast and accurate. Don't want to be spawn killed? don't get beat so badly, you search solo so the game is not in your control? Ultimately the game was always in your control, after all you hit the search button knowing full well what kind of team you will get.

i don't even know what the point of your 3rd "point"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Your first point is sound.

Spawn trapping is preventable the same way its preventable in campaign, Don't like being instantly aimbotted by a halo 2 jackal sniper? Shoot fast and accurate. Don't want to be spawn killed? don't get beat so badly, you search solo so the game is not in your control? Ultimately the game was always in your control, after all you hit the search button knowing full well what kind of team you will get.

i don't even know what the point of your 3rd "point"

Really? "Don't get beat so badly"? Victim blaming is such a weak response. Even then, you don't need to get the third point. You just in part, proved it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Servers are still getting worse and they loosened search parameters. So say you're Onyx, going in solo might get you matched up against a 4 player party of all Champions with Diamonds on your team. So yea.

I'm sure there's a tinfoil hat theory for this...

Really? "Don't get beat so badly"? Victim blaming is such a weak response. Even then, you don't need to get the third point. You just in part, proved it.

I just don't like how two teams go into a game wanting to win the game and one team leaves feeling like a victim, like honestly what do you expect its matchmaking with random people on both teams.

This thread
tumblr_inline_n3w3udYuRx1rnvvfh.png

He's not gonna stop farming and you guys aren't gonna win the argument. 343i made spawn trapping easily possible, we can't really expect people to not abuse it. This is a problem 343i should fix.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Great to see improvements in search times and fixing the issue where players weren't ranking up

Great to see improvements in search times and fixing the issue where players weren't ranking up

Now if only they can fix can implement party restrictions.

This thread

tumblr_inline_n3w3udYuRx1rnvvfh.png

Post with guaranteed replies really bug me, almost as much as the thought of the CE pistol coming back to Halo.

I just don't like how two teams go into a game wanting to win the game and one team leaves feeling like a victim, like honestly what do you expect its matchmaking with random people on both teams.

You may not like that. That's fine. I don't like how people will go into games and make other's lives hell in said game, and prevent them from playing normally, solely for selfish gains in the form of an armor set, which was, mind you, the context to this entire argument. If they were just winning against me, I'd have no issue, and don't have an issue. But it isn't just that at the core. It's the blatant abuse of an exploit in game that IS the issue. Because this in turn affects other players who play.

(/s) But I guess I can't complain, since it's "just a way people can play" and I can't criticize people for that, because logic. Kinda sucks that they patched the original armory exploit. I just loved playing that way to get a win, even if it was an entirely bullshit way to do so. Because the win's always what matters. No matter how you achieve it. Hope they don't patch the new one. (/s)

In the end, I just want 343i to fix the spawns. I don't like walking into Asshatica: Land of the Grenades when I play. Just wanna play the map normally, especially since it's one of my favorites.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Mine is more depressing because many of them have completely stopped playing Xbox since Reach.

This. Most people I met through halo didn't really jump to other games. They just gave up either with reach or h4.

Sounds like there have been some improvements for the matchmaking restrictions, but has anyone had the opposite experience? I play with a friend of mine who is from the UK, and we have always had no problem findings games. Even if he would search solo he could get games fast. Last night he was playing solo under a few different playlists and was getting timed out of the search.  

Servers are still getting worse and they loosened search parameters. So say you're Onyx, going in solo might get you matched up against a 4 player party of all Champions with Diamonds on your team. So yea.

Other than the full party part, how is this an issue?.

Diamonds are essentially colonels/brig. Onyxs are 50s and champions are the best 50s. I'm h3 you could search on your 50 and match MM warriors 50s and get brig and colonial teammates.

Using the term "victim" is just as cringe worthy as "crop".

It's a VIDEO GAME. They are not victims. If getting stomped in not just a video game, but the most social/non serious part of said game makes you feel victimized than you really should step back from the game for awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just do what I did and #IgnoreMarma.

I have maybe one or two people on my block list but it's incredibly annoying to see people just quote that person's crazy posts/rants and I have to scroll through them anyway. 

Using the term "victum" is just as cringe worthy as "crop".

It's a VIDEO GAME. They are not victums. If getting stomped in not just a video game, but the most social/non serious part of said game makes you feel victimized than you really should step back from the game for awhile.

"Victums". Lawl.

Besides, you're acting like I legitimately called them victims, and/or am treating them like they're legitimately harmed. I'm not. I'm just saying, putting those who AREN'T at fault as the reason for why bad shit happens to them is a weak, petty and shit response.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You may not like that. That's fine. I don't like how people will go into games and make other's lives hell in said game, and prevent them from playing normally, solely for selfish gains in the form of an armor set, which was, mind you, the context to this entire argument. If they were just winning against me, I'd have no issue, and don't have an issue. But it isn't just that at the core. It's the blatant abuse of an exploit in game that IS the issue. Because this in turn affects other players who play.

(/s) But I guess I can't complain, since it's "just a way people can play" and I can't criticize people for that, because logic. Kinda sucks that they patched the original armory exploit. I just loved playing that way to get a win, even if it was an entirely bullshit way to do so. Because the win's always what matters. No matter how you achieve it. Hope they don't patch the new one. (/s)

In the end, I just want 343i to fix the spawns. I don't like walking into Asshatica: Land of the Grenades when I play. Just wanna play the map normally, especially since it's one of my favorites.

In my opinion the objective of the game is to make hell for the enemy team, why would you show the enemy mercy that's just silly you really think they would show you the same mercy?

Also you people seem to not realize something, if a team gets you in the gungoose spawn trap they are a better team then you, this is a fact. Any team that can push you that deep into your spawn is fully capable of winning without the gungoose strat.

This is Halo, i don't have time to think about if the other person is having fun if i wanted to do that i would go play Minecraft.

• Downvote (-1) 2

>People saying it's just a video game

>Feels the need to justify what they do like it's a big deal

Guys it's just a video game, quit caring so much

• Upvote (+1) 2

In my opinion the objective of the game is to make hell for the enemy team, why would you show the enemy mercy that's just silly you really think they would show you the same mercy?

Also you people seem to not realize something, if a team gets you in the gungoose spawn trap they are a better team then you, this is a fact. Any team that can push you that deep into your spawn is fully capable of winning without the gungoose strat.

This is Halo, i don't have time to think about if the other person is having fun if i wanted to do that i would go play Minecraft.

Then you should clearly have no problems with 343 possibly reforming Warzone so that farming is hugely deincentivized or just straight up made pointless, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Victums". Lawl.

Besides, you're acting like I legitimately called them victims, and/or am treating them like they're legitimately harmed. I'm not. I'm just saying, putting those who AREN'T at fault as the reason for why bad shit happens to them is a weak, petty and shit response.

Why? It is their fault. If you match superior opposition, they will beat you. It's their perogative to decide just how bad that will be. Don't like it? Too bad.

I remember matching a full triggers down squad in the MLG list in h3 on Onslaught. They destroyed us. They got us into a spawn trap. They could have capped a lot faster than they did. Maybe they were practicing stats. Maybe they were just having fun spawn killing us. Who knows. Either way, that's their perogative. I didn't bitch. I sent them GG messages and went on with my life.

Clearly you are completely oblivious to what you are doing and how it is unjust, so let me spell it out for you.

Spawn killing in Warzone (and more specifically Warzone Assault) is an egregious abuse of poor game design. You are devolving the designed intentions of a game and reducing any enjoyment an opponent can have to zero.

The logic of 'shoot fast and accurate' or 'Don't get beat so badly' is not applicable when the game design does not allow that. I'll draw a comparison to Arena, for example, a game mode that WAS designed for competitive play at the highest level, unlike Warzone.

If a team goes down to a 10-15 kill deficit on Eden Slayer, and the opponent has a full Blue Setup, the game allows comeback potential via multiple tools:

• Unpredictable, VARIED spawn points
  • Niche/Power Weapons (Shotgun, Hydra, Plasma Pistol, Light Rifle, and more)
  • Fair Starts
  • Degradable Setups (Running out of ammo, etc.)

None of these things are present in Warzone Assault, and two of them aren't present in standard Warzone; nor are there any additional tools to allow a miraculous 12-person setup break. You're logic is the opposite of sound.

Are you at fault for 343's oblivious absence of high-level-designed Warzone play? No.

You are at fault for abusing such design to eliminate the enjoyment of 50% of the players in the lobby.

I understand full well what i am doing, i understand i play a toxic role in the community and best case scenario people like me are a thorn in halos side.

That will not stop me from playing the way i want to play, if it makes you feel any better the Halo community is perfectly find of killing itself off without people like me, they are very good at complaining, i wouldn't be surprised if 343 found a way to fix farming and then people complained the game is too casual because they couldn't beat the enemy team badly enough.

Who cares if Warzone doesn't have any "comeback mechanics" why would you want something like that anyway, forcing close games is casual and i know how much halo players like to distance themself from casual things.

Also the game desgin always allows the players to have a chance to outplay, if one team couldn't outplay another team then the same better team wouldn't be farming people every game.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You don't need to show the enemy mercy, but you don't need to be an asshat in playing against them. It's fine to go hard or go home, I don't argue that, but it isn't fine to purposely abuse an exploit and guarantee to lessen their enjoyment of the game overall. People enjoy competition, yes, but they do not enjoy not being able to walk out of their spawns due to infinite grenade spam.

Then you should clearly have no problems with 343 possibly reforming Warzone so that farming is hugely deincentivized or just straight up made pointless, right?

it will never be pointless, also i do not think 343 has what it takes to reform Warzone to stop farming without ruining Warzone in a different way

• Downvote (-1) 1