CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah man, I definitely remember because I've been at this for quite a while lol. I try to go back and reference this post when people ask this question but I still to this day challenge that response. Me personally, I have a tough time letting things go and I pick and choose my battles to pursue. This in particular is one of the many issues of the game where I refuse to just let go of; specifically since it affects a lot of people I know personally and something I truly believe will benefit the game. 

If I have to repeat and prove myself 100x in order to get something that I truly believe will benefit the community in its entirety, you can assure yourself I'm going to repeat 100x.

We need to develop a system so i know what fuckin time camo comes up when you grab it too

But yeah definitely im up to play, going to really try to make onyx this season :)

If only there was a device that allowed her to speak to you...

• Upvote (+1) 1

A person's character can be measured by many facets.

Ya. Including spassing out over how other people are playing video games.

Halo 3 matchmaking worked perfectly. How have they regressed so massively? I suspect it's because the population isn't anywhere near as large as H3. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bold!!!! Literally my entire premise on the subject.

Think about it this way. If there were ever a Halo game where "boosting" (I've hated the use of this word) has ever been relevant, it's Halo 5.

• The matchmaking is a nightmare because coordinated teams match randoms.
  • Because teams can consistently match randoms, it's a lot easier to win games and rank up.
  • Because it's easier to rank up as a result of teams "boosting" up their friends, players are getting placed in higher ranked divisions a lot easier.
  • Because players are getting put into higher divisions easier, whenever said players are not playing with their significantly better teammates, they are placed with other random players in that skill bracket.
  • Because said individuals couldn't rightfully make it into that skill bracket without a significant amount of help (significantly better and coordinated teammates), players are not able to hold their own against opposing players in that skill bracket.
  • These players drag down their random teammates causing constant losses for them. Especially when they go against teams of four.
  • See point #1.
The reason this game is undoubtedly a chore for a lot of people, myself included, is because of this circular matchmaking/ranking sequence.

Eliminating the root of the issue (teams matching randoms) consequently diminishes the succeeding issues significantly.

Does this make sense or do I just seem crazy? Lol.. Because I swear man, I feel like I'm going nuts trying to debate this topic.

The sad part is, it makes perfect sense. Having randoms match parties isn't just an "inconvenience" thing. It makes every issue in the game exponentially worse because of how it fundamentally ruins the game. I don't know how 343 has avoided answering to this for so long but they NEED to get in here and talk about it. As you've said, give this system just 1 week and everyone will see how much better it is. It's so frustrating.

The sad part is, it makes perfect sense. Having randoms match parties isn't just an "inconvenience" thing. It makes every issue in the game exponentially worse because of how it fundamentally ruins the game. I don't know how 343 has avoided answering to this for so long but they NEED to get in here and talk about it. As you've said, give this system just 1 week and everyone will see how much better it is. It's so frustrating.

It doesn't matter anymore. The game has probably lost 80% of its original population. So changes aren't very meaningful. Like not having social day 1 fucked us so hard, it doesn't matter if they made the perfect playlists people aren't coming back.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There's a difference between campaign and multiplayer. Besides, you had to have fucked up really hard to manage that. As in, REALLY hard. I could understand laughter in that case due to that.

Yeah there is a difference, AI don't damage your ego, real people do.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Hey man if any of those crops ran out of there crouched and backwards they would of been free to roam the grassy knolls by armory

"Crops"

This is as cringey as MGTOWS saying "resources"

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm curious how one crouch walks backwards through a hail of grenades that kill you instantly upon spawn.

In that situation you have to surrender before we set up the spawn kill, which means you have to know who we are but if you didn't know who we are you wouldn't be trying to surrender.

• Downvote (-1) 4

"Crops"

This is as cringey as MGTOWS saying "resources"

The secret to making things less cringey is stop caring so hard about what other people say

• Downvote (-1) 6

The secret to making things less cringey is stop caring so hard about what other people say

I genuinely dont care what you say... Not my issue

I just find it cringey as fuck :P

Yeah there is a difference, AI don't damage your ego, real people do.

Why would your ego be damaged by a full party of 12 spawn killing your team of randoms? There's nothing an individual can do about it. May as well laugh it off.

Vicarious embarrassment is not a matter of "caring".

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's nothing to do with ego.

then help me understand, If a AI sniper keeps aimbotting you so you cant play and a guy is blowing you up off spawn with nades what is the difference, you're being denied your ability to play the game on both counts

• Downvote (-1) 2

then help me understand, If a AI sniper keeps aimbotting you so you cant play and a guy is blowing you up off spawn with nades what is the difference, you're being denied your ability to play the game on both counts

Holy hell.

• A player can quit out of campaign game with no punishment
  • Faulty AI/Game Saves are an issue with the game development. Granted, 343 developed Warzone to unintentionally allow these things, but spawn trapping is preventable whereas an AI Trap is not.
  • Lowering your threshold of human understanding to that of a scripted AI doesn't justify you abusing poorly designed game mechanics.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

100% of my friends list was made through Halo, I now have more people playing Black Ops 3 on my list than Halo 5 on average. Anybody else noticed something similar? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

100% of my friends list was made through Halo, I now have more people playing Black Ops 3 on my list than Halo 5 on average. Anybody else noticed something similar?

Mine is more depressing because many of them have completely stopped playing Xbox since Reach.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh my god, I spent like a day in the politics thread, I can honestly say I'm happy to see people talk about video games on here again, politics is not this forums strong suit lol.

On topic, has anything been done about servers and search pentameters?

On topic, has anything been done about servers and search pentameters?

Servers are still getting worse and they loosened search parameters. So say you're Onyx, going in solo might get you matched up against a 4 player party of all Champions with Diamonds on your team. So yea.