CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That is really frustrating to watch.

It really is. Watching that as a long time Halo fan is really depressing, and anybody watching that who hasn't played Halo in awhile sure as shit isn't going to come back now. 

The idea behind Warzone is interesting for Halo but 343 really took the laziest route possible with it.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

If hard and fast rules are problematic why were champions not allowed to play social or find matches in sub half an hour?

:lxthul:

What do I know, I am just a hater.

I see me there, arguing with Holmes about social.

We've made sooooo much progress.

lol yeah I was thinking that as well.

I miss being able to play solo and still have fun. 

You can play FFA and... oh, nevermind, you mentioned fun :kappa:

That is really frustrating to watch.

Chill out. It's hilarious.

If I was on that losing team I'd just be laughing my ass off.

• Downvote (-1) 9

Sure you would. Even so, speak for yourself. Don't tell me to "chill out" over something I find to be negative or frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss knowing that if I ran into someone with an AR I knew I'd win.

I miss being able to force my gf to splitscreen with me.

I miss knowing that if I join a game of Halo I knew I would have fun.

Weve lost a lot of things to the name of "progression". I still don't think we've progressed what's so ever.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sure you would. Even so, speak for yourself. Don't tell me to "chill out" over something I find to be negative or frustrating.

Of course I would. I was dying of laughter last night when I got caught in like an insta spawn death trap in h2 legendary.

Makes new account, loses every match, gets Bronze 1, goes on a 30 kill a game murder spree, feels guilty, quits the build in shame....

...I'm a terrible human being

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to H5 public API, the number of players who completed their placement matches for ranked playlists is significantly lower for the February season (versus the January season).

http://imgur.com/a/8BzBa = Feb

http://imgur.com/a/zmJ1I = Jan

Slayer, 412k to 255k

Arena, 343k to 205k

FFA, 118k to 66k

Breakout, 238k to 117k

SWAT, 335k to 190k

Honestly a lot of this may be due to the introduction of a regular social playlist in the past few weeks ... I've played way less ranked (and didn't complete my placement matches for 2-3 ranked playlists due to this fact).  Still, looks like a pretty steep drop, 30-50%.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Of course I would. I was dying of laughter last night when I got caught in like an insta spawn death trap in h2 legendary.

There's a difference between campaign and multiplayer. Besides, you had to have fucked up really hard to manage that. As in, REALLY hard. I could understand laughter in that case due to that.

At this point literally the only thing that would bring most people back is if Microsoft announces that 343 isn't making their own Halo game and that 343 can create their own IP.

It's rough playing by yourself. I played the MLG playlist on Reach all the time with quitters teams of 4, pros, etc but I feel that I came out a better player because of those issues tbh. I've been getting complacent on relying on teammates/friends to clean up kills. Find myself in bad positions all the time because I could afford it. Can't do that now when I go in solo. Gotta get used to playing a little smarter again.

There's a difference between campaign and multiplayer. Besides, you had to have fucked up really hard to manage that. As in, REALLY hard. I could understand laughter in that case due to that.

And those kids didn't fuck up hard?

I also have a solid laugh when my team gets totally shit on in COD as well. Then I quit.

We've been informed that quit bans don't affect warzone. Kids can just leave that game.

According to H5 public API, the number of players who completed their placement matches for ranked playlists is significantly lower for the February season (versus the January season).

http://imgur.com/a/8BzBa = Feb

http://imgur.com/a/zmJ1I = Jan

Slayer, 412k to 255k

Arena, 343k to 205k

FFA, 118k to 66k

Breakout, 238k to 117k

SWAT, 335k to 190k

Honestly a lot of this may be due to the introduction of a regular social playlist in the past few weeks ... I've played way less ranked (and didn't complete my placement matches for 2-3 ranked playlists due to this fact).  Still, looks like a pretty steep drop, 30-50%.

It's almost like the majority of people play Halo socially or something...whodathunkit?

The optimal Halo playlist organization should look roughly like this:

Ranked

Competitive TS/Obj (tournament settings)

BTB

FFA

Doubles

Unranked

Social Slayer

Social BTB

Social FFA

Snipers

Swat

Fuckoff playlist (Infection, Grifball, etc.)

• Upvote (+1) 9

Can someone at 343 help me understand how the Halo 5 servers have gotten steadily worse since launch?  I never used to get dropped from Warzone games.  I never used to have dropped shots.  I never used to get "Retrieving Data".  What in the hell is happening over there?  Shit was so reliable at launch. That certainly isn't the case now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone at 343 help me understand how the Halo 5 servers have gotten steadily worse since launch?  I never used to get dropped from Warzone games.  I never used to have dropped shots.  I never used to get "Retrieving Data".  What in the hell is happening over there?  Shit was so reliable at launch. That certainly isn't the case now.

Warzone is pretty crisp with shot registration just the retrieving data happens every once and a while...  But the Arena servers talk about a dumpster fire

Server issues have been happening to me too recently. I can't seem to go 3-4 games or so without these random tremendous lag spikes for a few seconds that usually end up getting me killed.

I'll begin fighting someone and then 3 shots into the fight they start moving in a straight line for a second and my shots aren't working. After 2 seconds of people walking in straight lines, the game fixes itself, players teleport slightly, then I'm dead. I've gotten dropped out of games randomly as well where I'm literally moving around the map just fine, even mid-fight sometimes, and it will send me back to the main menu.

I don't know why this has been happening lately because the servers were the least of my concerns in this game. I'm positive it's not my connection. I have 100 down and 10 up, and no other game on Xbox Live I have issues with.

This only happens occasionally though. When it's working, I have no problems with shot registration or anything. It's crisp at that point.

Hey guys, some of The Sauna members are trained to not shoot you if you are crouching and walking backwards out of the core base. If you do not want to be farmed and do not feel like quitting simply crouchwalk backwards towards are team and will most likely not be killed, after making it to our team you can run freely around the map.

This is not a troll, individuals surrendering is not uncommon, myself and a handful of other Sauna members (hopefully all of the Sauna one day) are training ourselves to not shoot people who surrender.

I'm curious how one crouch walks backwards through a hail of grenades that kill you instantly upon spawn.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

And to think, some of us pitied you for getting jipped out of the armor.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The optimal Halo playlist organization should look roughly like this:

Ranked

Competitive TS/Obj (tournament settings)

BTB

FFA

Doubles

Unranked

Social Slayer

Social BTB

Social FFA

Snipers

Swat

Fuckoff playlist (Infection, Grifball, etc.)

100% correct, seems like the most obvious shit ever ... sigh

Does Warzone Assault have auto respawn? Why not just sit in the REQ menu and deny the opponents a kill.

Or you know, juse spawn a level 1 scout hog/mongoose and drive away. Vehicles come out on the opposite side, but I guess some people jusy don't think clearly under said circumstances.

Does Warzone Assault have auto respawn? Why not just sit in the REQ menu and deny the opponents a kill.

It will force you to spawn after like 30 seconds of not pressing x to spawn.

And to think, some of us pitied you for getting jumped out of the armor.

Lol. Yes, because those two things are totally related.