CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

CORRUPT

FIGHT THE SYSTEM

jk <3

If anything, you guys are the ones who manipulated the votes. I've been sabotaged by the ones I believed were on my side.

The Incineration Cannon ruins Fiesta. 90% of my deaths are to the incin.

Torque is absolutely blinding. Dynamic lighting is whatever, I suppose, but it's somehow worse than the sun from Orion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Incineration Cannon ruins Fiesta. 90% of my deaths are to the incin.

Never thought a man could complain about Fiesta. A gametype built from the ground up with randomness in mind and complete fuck-around-ary as a goal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

fiesta is currently my only source of fun in this game, all of you are welcome to hit me up for shenanigans

TB got me banned from reddit.

Probably for vote brigading right? I don't think you told anyone to upvote it, but every comment in the thread was "i got you fam".

Probably for vote brigading right? I don't think you told anyone to upvote it, but every comment in the thread was "i got you fam".

As it turns out, fam did not "have me".

• Upvote (+1) 1

They didn't reset the mmr, but they did something. What did they do exactly?

They did?

I'm most surprised that Ghosts and AW aren't in the Top 10. Weird to see so much carryover from title to title unlike the 360, where lots of people were stuck with the previous installation.

Didn't seem like the COD community liked AW very much. It was too different.

im confused on what you mean by farm strat in this video

It looks like they were just rushing your base?

I think "farm strat" is what he calls when the enemy team rushes your armory at start instead of their own. it's a decent strat for tryhard games as well

When you catch the Waypoint Community Engineer trying to run farm strat...

Waypointers know strats?

• Upvote (+1) 1

They didn't reset the mmr, but they did something. What did they do exactly?

They gave you sugar pills :)

It largely is just visual though.

The range of the autos are slightly increased but beyond that it's very minor.

I think you're underselling the extent to which spread reduction and the resultant increases in accuracy skew the skill/damage balance (which itself isn't great at the moment), and push the effectiveness of automatic weapons beyond their ideal range. 343i would have done better to simply remove spread reduction through Smart Scope following the beta, in place of the slight reduction they implemented.

I think the spread reduction for ADS on its own is fine, aim (risk descope) and remove radar to engage longer ranges, and even then it isn't consistent. The problem begins to develop when you add in the reduction for Crouching. ADS + Crouch is what breaks automatics and makes them too strong.

I also find it insane that Crouch buffs are there in the first place. Strafing is the primary tool for outgunning your opponent and the fact you get punished in terms of movement/strafe (Crouch speed) to have the optimal damage output is quite bonkers.

TL;DR: ADS is fine, Crouch reductions are not.

Also call me crazy but I love the aesthetic of Smart Scope on 90% of the weapons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also just got done with a particularly intense game of Assault on Empire.... liking Assault but the arm times seem low and the respawn times need to be longer.

Double thrust is very minor; not a problem to me

This game is fun when you have teammates communicating and playing together but it SUCKS solo

We shouldn't be sacrificing movement at all; you shouldn't have to in Halo.

Also nah fam, i like my screen being as clear as possible (or at least, visually plain so i dott get distracted)

Half asleep, don't know why I said Smart Scope slows movement. Pretty sure it doesn't.

Also just got done with a particularly intense game of Assault on Empire.... liking Assault but the arm times seem low and the respawn times need to be longer.

Double thrust is very minor; not a problem to me

This game is fun when you have teammates communicating and playing together but it SUCKS solo

If anything I think arm times are too long. (inconsistent across the varied sizes of maps)

Half asleep, don't know why I said Smart Scope slows movement. Pretty sure it doesn't.

If anything I think arm times are too long. (inconsistent across the varied sizes of maps)

It does in that you can't sprint...but then again I feel you should always be able to move at the fastest speed and not be punished for it (not using gun, appearing on radar or being out of camo, etc)

Arm times seems slow....what are they, 8 seconds?