CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

See I want to say the same, but some maps would be awful once a few people grabbed BRs. Deadlock (I think that's the Standoff one?) would be terrible.

I know that the updated version of Deadlock has had all DMRs removed from it (as well as fixed spawns) but it isn't in MM yet.

We've been playtesting AR/Mag BTB for a few weeks now and as long as the map pool supports it it plays much better. Warthog gunners especially can survive a bit longer and not get instantly melted by the head magnet that is the BR.

• Upvote (+1) 7

In regards to the Reach V7 settings discussion a few pages back, I personally think that the Reach Anniversary settings were just as good if not better despite its own flaws.

The Anniversary settings may not accurately emulate CE itself at all, but it played really well as its own gametype IMO.

That playlist is IMO proof that a 3sk Pistol can work in a 4v4 setting, despite the Reach Pistol still suffering from ease of use (like H5), a small 8-round mag with only 16 reserve shots, and the awful Reach spread although the bloom was reworked for that gametype.

The only other immediate issues with the Reach Anniversary settings as a refined standalone classic setting is the weak melee(I like the H5 CE Pistol 2 shot melee kill speed), the awfully low jump height with too much gravity, the Frags being OP in Reach and forcing you to start with only one and carry up to 2 instead of 4, and the general map and sandbox balance not being properly taken into account when applying them with the base gameplay.

The awesome thing is that in H5, 343I has given us the custom game and Forge options to significantly improve upon an experience like that and fix all of the above issues. These H5 classic settings don't have to take any one classic Halo game into account for inspiration, it could use all HCE-2-3 games as inspiration.

I think the general idea is take the CE Pistol + H2 movement settings(no Spartan Abilities and a streamlined sandbox:no redundant weapons) and with classic inspired Forge maps that are appropriately designed with those settings and the decided sandbox in mind.

But why does no one really care to do anything about it and make the classic scene themselves? Instead we are arguing over how less crappy to make H5...

Come on man.

• Upvote (+1) 5

In regards to the Reach V7 settings discussion a few pages back, I personally think that the Reach Anniversary settings were just as good if not better despite its own flaws.

The Anniversary settings may not accurately emulate CE itself at all, but it played really well as its own gametype IMO.

That playlist is IMO proof that a 3sk Pistol can work in a 4v4 setting, despite the Reach Pistol still suffering from ease of use (like H5), a small 8-round mag with only 16 reserve shots, and the awful Reach spread although the bloom was reworked for that gametype.

The only other immediate issues with the Reach Anniversary settings as a refined standalone classic setting is the weak melee(I like the H5 CE Pistol 2 shot melee kill speed), the awfully low jump height with too much gravity, the Frags being OP in Reach and forcing you to start with only one and carry up to 2 instead of 4, and the general map and sandbox balance not being properly taken into account when applying them with the base gameplay.

The awesome thing is that in H5, 343I has given us the custom game and Forge options to significantly improve upon an experience like that and fix all of the above issues. These H5 classic settings don't have to take any one classic Halo game into account for inspiration, it could use all HCE-2-3 games as inspiration.

I think the general idea is take the CE Pistol + H2 movement settings(no Spartan Abilities and a streamlined sandbox:no redundant weapons) and with classic inspired Forge maps that are appropriately designed with those settings and the decided sandbox in mind.

But why does no one really care to do anything about it and make the classic scene themselves? Instead we are arguing over how less crappy to make H5...

Come on man.

This is a great post.

I hated that bloom on that anniversary magnum though.  1v1's felt so random to me.  But yeah that playlist was a ton of fun.  The thought of a really good Classic playlist is so freaking exciting to me.  BTB is already my most played playlist bc it feels the most classic to me.  I just hope if/when 343 creates this playlist, they ask for (knowledgeable) feedback first instead of just throwing something out there.

And PLEEEAAAASE pull from community forgers for the forge remakes instead of letting your in house guys try to make them.  We saw what they created with Pegasus and Orion, and how they butchered Recurve and Deadlock.

Also, because of the way KDA is calculated, it is actually more beneficial to NOT play the objective and to simply stat. Since they divide by total games played you want to make games play as long as possible. Literally nothing about this game promotes good sportsmanship and quick wins.

This is a great post.

I hated that bloom on that anniversary magnum though. 1v1's felt so random to me. But yeah that playlist was a ton of fun. The thought of a really good Classic playlist is so freaking exciting to me. BTB is already my most played playlist bc it feels the most classic to me. I just hope if/when 343 creates this playlist, they ask for (knowledgeable) feedback first instead of just throwing something out there.

And PLEEEAAAASE pull from community forgers for the forge remakes instead of letting your in house guys try to make them. We saw what they created with Pegasus and Orion, and how they butchered Recurve and Deadlock.

Thanks. Actually, after reaching the peak of my frustration with default H5 a few days ago, I have decided that I want to help attempt to kick start a playlist like this.

@'s classic settings thread is a great place to start but the thread keeps getting buried.

We need to get more attention on this if it is ever going to happen, even if it just becomes a custom game thing only.

I will be inviting you to test whenever I can. I hope that we can maybe actually make something happen for once with this.

Halo would be so awesome again if the default settings were like that.

Fuck guys Osiris is AUS/NZ. We have a couple muricans but there are less than 10 of them. Those guys were American as theu were playing WA. Most of us are really against farming, myself included.  Don blame the herd for the actions of the few.

Thanks. Actually, after reaching the peak of my frustration with default H5 a few days ago, I have decided that I want to help attempt to kick start a playlist like this.

@'s classic settings thread is a great place to start but the thread keeps getting buried.

We need to get more attention on this if it is ever going to happen, even if it just becomes a custom game thing only.

I will be inviting you to test whenever I can. I hope that we can maybe actually make something happen for once with this.

Halo would be so awesome again if the default settings were like that.

I'll be testing settings tomorrow. Just gotta do some yard work and I'll be on in the afternoon.

Fuck guys Osiris is AUS/NZ. We have a couple muricans but there are less than 10 of them. Those guys were American as theu were playing WA. Most of us are really against farming, myself included.  Don blame the herd for the actions of the few.

Yeah the group had 1 Osiris guy in it, the rest were Whiskey/Sweaty Savages

No idea why you guys got the bad pub in the headline.

I know that the updated version of Deadlock has had all DMRs removed from it (as well as fixed spawns) but it isn't in MM yet.

We've been playtesting AR/Mag BTB for a few weeks now and as long as the map pool supports it it plays much better. Warthog gunners especially can survive a bit longer and not get instantly melted by the head magnet that is the BR.

So we might be getting Pistol starts in BTB in the future?

Oh man, I missed the whole farming argument again.

Hopefully they fix that stuff pronto.

Nice.

Oh man, I missed the whole farming argument again.

Hopefully they fix that stuff pronto.

Nice.

Considering it the topic of the latest survey, I think it's pretty obvious they are aware of the issue.

Yeah the group had 1 Osiris guy in it, the rest were Whiskey/Sweaty Savages

No idea why you guys got the bad pub in the headline.

Saw one guy in Osiris and thought i saw another one, checked after and it was more Whiskey than Osiris..

Honest mistake

Considering it the topic of the latest survey, I think it's pretty obvious they are aware of the issue.

They've been aware for the last month...and no spawn changes. We'll see what happems next

They've been aware for the last month...and no spawn changes. We'll see what happems next

Honestly, I don't think moving the spawns from one point to another will fix anything. Farmers would still farm, they'd just need to spread themselves thinner. I'm sure 343i knows this.

If not, then @@Sal1ent @@Bravo

Honestly, I don't think moving the spawns from one point to another will fix anything. Farmers would still farm, they'd jusy need to spread themselves thinner. I'm sure 343i knows this.

Which is part of fixing the spawns like I said

Hell, look at @@Hard Way's post for ways they can fix it

Honestly, I don't think moving the spawns from one point to another will fix anything. Farmers would still farm, they'd just need to spread themselves thinner. I'm sure 343i knows this.

If not, then @@Sal1ent @@Bravo

What do you mean spread themselves thinner? I thought about how 343 could stop farming and i don't think they can without making a new/another problem

What do you mean spread themselves thinner? I thought about how 343 could stop farming and i don't think they can without making a new/another problem

I mean that if they change the spawn locations, farmers would just take a day to learn the new spawns and then spread out their team into smaller packs to cover the new areas as well.

Ive heard different dates for the release of Warzone Firefight. The graphic showed it was coming in the 4th update (June) but Ive read people referencing the next update for the release of it .

Has there been any official word?

So we might be getting Pistol starts in BTB in the future?

I wouldn't like to say for sure either way, but I think it's a possibility. Unyshek has been in a few of our AR/Mag lobbies and the general consensus from players has been neutral to positive.

I mean that if they change the spawn locations, farmers would just take a day to learn the new spawns and then spread out their team into smaller packs to cover the new areas as well.

yeah, also in stuff like assault the game tries to spawn you around your team members anyway

Ive heard different dates for the release of Warzone Firefight. The graphic showed it was coming in the 4th update (June) but Ive read people referencing the next update for the release of it .

Has there been any official word?

It's happening. Assuming that all those updates are in order, it'll be coming in June 2016. 

Skip to 1:10.

• Upvote (+1) 1