CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Alright, and next time you get betrayed for a power weapon I want you to not blame the guy doing it, but blame 343 for allowing friendly fire.

(Kinda sarcasm)

But forreal yes I KNOW 343 is at fault fundamentally for this problem. The blame is on them. But people are consciously doing this and it's not to "win" and half the time it's not even about Achilles. As I said people have been doing this since launch. If you can't even get justifiably mad at someone who does something like this then I don't know what to say. When someone super bounced out of the map after being up one kill did you just say "Gee golly Bungie really fucked me I can't even get mad at this guy for doing this because the game allows it"? What about armory glitchers?

People are justifiably mad because this is one of the most broken things I have ever seen. But yes, accountability is on 343. People are going to be dicks, that's how it works. But I will still fault them for being dicks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

yeah i'd imagine the same thing about searching warzone solo

Searching Warzone solo is fun when you don't run into a full party.

They game is over before it even begins.

I like how all the people farming are bitching about population numbers when their farming is also causing people to quit. This is just another instance of being a dick just cause you can be.

This happens in every game. Hell, atleast one out of every 10 games of COD you run into a full party that is statting.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Sal1ent

Ways To Help Eliminate Farming:

1. Add a Vote To Surrender option.

2. Use Objective-based commendations for the Achilles armor (or any armor you do this with in the future) instead of Kill-based commendations.

3. Req point payouts should incentivize winning, and winning quickly. The winning team should receive at least 500 more RP than the losing team in any circumstance. The standard payout as it stands now should be a minimum payout, given to teams that take longer than 15 minutes to win. There should be a maximum reward that gradually decreases the longer the game goes until it hits the baseline payout at the 15 minute mark. So if my team can core the other team in 3 minutes, we should be rewarded with a huge Req point bonus.

4. When 3-capping a team, have the rate of scoring increase the longer you hold the 3 cap. This will end games sooner, like a Mercy Rule.

5. Allow players pushed back into their home base the option to spawn in a safe room in the back of their base if the other team refuses to push the core.

6. Make the commendations section more about playing the objective and winning games than about killing enemy players. The grindiest commendations should be win-based, with the weapon commendations being the easiest, acting merely as an incentive to learn the weapon rather than farm with it.

7. Do not display K/D ratio anywhere in the game (Waypoint is fine), but instead prominently display the Win/Loss ratio.

8. Get rid of infinite grenades on mongooses/gungooses, and add more spawn locations for attacking teams in Warzone Assault.

If all of these were implemented, teams would have very little incentive to farm kills in Warzone, and most of them would stop doing it. We all know it ruins the experience for the recipients, so we need to remove the incentive to do it or make it impossible.

Don't even need to do this as a lot of this will effect normal games where nobody is farming.

Just add a lot of available spawns way outside of the core bases that become usable once the spawns near the core have really high influences on them. People won't prolong games if they have to search the entirety of a Warzone map to get kills.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So like, I've been a member here since day 1. Does that make me grandfathered in to the company? Because the fear and paranoia of being purged is real

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, so after testing it out I have found that your KDA per game is calculated by kills + 1/3assists - deaths. Personally I think they should divide by deaths because it should be a ratio. So that is why on post game screens someone can die more times than you and have a KDA that's higher than yours even when your "ratio" is higher.

Now, to determine overall KDA (or per playlist) you need to do the same thing, but you divide by total games played afterwards. Weird right?

I really am not a fan of that formula. That is why everyone's Grifball KDA is so damn high while everyone's Breakout KDA is so low. I am not a fan.

So basically KDA is wildly inconsistent depending on what playlist you play. Want a really high one? Play Grifball. Want a low one? Play Breakout. You can have the EXACT SAME kills, assist, and deaths in 2 playlists but have a different KDA.

If the game breaks down when played optimally, that falls to the developer, not the player.  The player is simply going for maximum efficiency.

You realize it's perfectly possible to blame both groups, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah i'd imagine the same thing about searching warzone solo

I can testify from much personal experience that it is, but it's by far the fastest way to get REQ points so... :(

You realize it's perfectly possible to blame both groups, right?

The core of my argument is that I don't expect people to not do it.  If it's the best tactic, I expect players to use it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Infinite grenades riding gooses..... Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Who the fuck approved it? FFS these devs :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Infinite grenades riding gooses..... Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Who the fuck approved it? FFS these devs :(

I actually like the infinite grenades.

I find it mind boggling that 343 still lets solo players match parties after all this time. For like 2 years now people have been complaining. Was this a problem in H4 too?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it mind boggling that 343 still lets solo players match parties after all this time. For like 2 years now people have been complaining. Was this a problem in H4 too?

There was no ranks so I don't think people cared.

We've been complaining about this since Reach.

Bravo talking about server issues on Reddit:

Hey everyone - apologies for the slower-than-usual reply here. Been a busy day and finally finding a moment to poke around the internet.

Can confirm that the team is investigating / working on the following:

• Difficulty finding matches due to high skill (and/or region) - looking into a variety of different improvements / tweaks here
  • Reports of players getting kicked from lobby / matches
  • Reports of Onyx players not getting a CSR increase after a win (this is often due to beating players of lower skill level, however that is not to say it doesn't need adjusting)
  • New OS glitch

Work is well underway on each of these, however, if you happen to be experiencing anything like getting disconnected from lobby / lagging out of games consistently / games getting into a "bad" state, it'd be extremely helpful if you could provide the following (replying right here is fine):

• Gamertag
  • Date / Time / Timezone
  • Map / Game type this occurred on (this helps us pinpoint the "matchID"
  • Very quick explanation of what occurred

Getting this info will help the guys looking into this specific issue. Rest assured that work is underway on the above items as well.

Thanks everyone and apologies for the bumpiness - will continue to provide updates on these as info becomes available.

I hope they look into the "high skill region lock thing" as fast as possible because I can't find games anymore in most playlists or have to search extremly long, including "social" BTB and Assault.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's dickish but hilarious. How did they even manage that? If I was spawn trapped that way I would laugh my ass off and AFK for a bit.

Not gonna go through step by step, but basically you just gotta block a spawn then block another then block ANOTHER spawn. And at that point the enemy team literally will not spawn at all. (Which i think is the biggest joke ever and should be fix ASAP)

And at that point the guy blocking the spawns in the cubbie just runs out and they all spawn there, over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's funny is that 343 can actually suspend these people, especially with the outcry. It's no different then Bungie suspending people in Destiny for exploiting map glitches. It might be designer error, but with the outcry and pure absurdity of this they will more than likely catch a suspension until it's fixed or something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1