CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'll take zbns reach over h3, h4, probably h2 and maybe h5 . I thought the game was really good even with its issues

Our preferences are so different lol.

How can I be such an average Halo player when I've been playing it for more than 10 years. Fuck.

I've always felt the same. I'm fucking terrible and yet I'll be great and shit off and on.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I want to talk about Warzone for a sec. Anyone who doesn't play just ignore and move on.

I watch a video about Warzones flaw and he made a very good point. Usually the first team to get BR's wins because it leads to a snowball effect where they just keep getting better weapons and so on. His fix for this was making REQ levels be tied to the duration of the match so everyone is always on an equal playing field as far as REQ level goes.

An idea I had would be to add Ordinance drops into Warzone. I know what you're thinking, but wait, just hear me out. You would only get them from capturing bases or killing bosses. The bigger the base/boss the better the drop. We already have random weapons REQ cards. You kill a boss, get a Uncommon Random Weapon, hit down on the D-pad and it drops you in a weapon. You don't get to choose like in Halo 4.

What does everyone think?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll take zbns reach over h3, h4, probably h2 and maybe h5 . I thought the game was really good even with its issues

Yeah, I've always felt like on the 360, ZBNS Reach was pretty much the best experience you were going to get. Especially back in 2014, when both H3 and 4 were basically dead.

How can I be such an average Halo player when I've been playing it for more than 10 years. Fuck.

For me it's all about the aiming. I used to play at a much higher level in all the other Halos but now I feel average because the way the game makes me literally not able to aim like I always have. Some people can adapt to it but I can't play Halo for 8 hours a day and even if I could I wouldn't.

An idea I had would be to add Ordina-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote (+1) 7

Waaaaaaaaaa?

ZbNS reach was a big improvement, but it was still bad. Clunky as fuck.

Clunky? Only thing clunky was the jumping.

That mode was some of the best Halo ever

I also forgot that the neg rep button was a disagree button :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Explain.

Explain.

it was joke, i dont play warzone so i really dont care lol.

Clunky? Only thing clunky was the jumping.

That mode was some of the best Halo ever

I also forgot that the neg rep button was a disagree button :P

I felt all the movement was clunky.

And the meta of MLG settings rewarded linear aggression even more than h3.

ZBNS is basically the exact same thing as H3 with better registration or H2 with lower aim assist.

Granted, those two adjustments would make very positive differences for those particular games (relatively, of course), but other than that they are very similar experiences.

• Upvote (+1) 3

ZBNS is basically the exact same thing as H3 with better registration or H2 with lower aim assist.

Granted, those two adjustments would make very positive differences for those particular games (relatively, of course), but other than that they are very similar experiences.

Thats huge. And it was the first time we had a single shot utility weapon in a decade. If we could get H5 static spawn options in ZBNS it would be a near perfect 4v4 experience.

Wasn't the DMR a 4 shot in those settings?

Holy shit. These placement matches were annoying as shit. First game all three members of my team quit. Second match I had the dumbest team known to man.

Dude I'm telling you it's brutal.  It's impossible to do it alone.  You have to have a team or it is sooooo frustrating.  Made me want to quit Halo. lol

Oh yeah guys.. Solo, particularly the Team Arena playlist, is the absolute worst. Trust and believe I know how you guys feel! I didn't really play on my main account last season and on Monday before the ranks reset I decided, eh let me at least get my Onyx before it resets. 

Probably the most infuriating 10 games of my life. 

First game, I match up against Posey and his whatever team of 4. I was the only person over 10 kills on my team, the next person went 3 and 14, one person goosed. I'm like well.. This is going to be a fun day lol. Next game, Riptide Slayer, I hear my teammates (apparently) in the pre-game lobby go "Fuck this mapppp.. Dudes im backing out." 

The game starts, one teammate is gone, my other two teammates follow behind him lol. Le sigh...

I had to do objective and slay my living ass off the rest of those games because I did NOT want to be put in Platinum or something. Ended up 6/10 but I still got my Onyx. I don't think I've played H5 since Monday because of that night. 

My whole thing is.. Why do I have to play consistent teams of obvious Onyxes/Champions when I don't have the same skilled level players on my team. Obviously I'm good enough to play against them; I have zero problem with that.. But I feel like I'm always getting the ass end of the stick playing this game alone. I have to play against coordinated amazing players, and get Diamonds or rage-quitters on my team. The shit is unbearable.

I bullshit you not, Halo 5 could arguably be one of the better Halo games in it's franchise if they would listen to us as far as matchmaking goes. It would make the experience FAR more enjoyable instead of a constant chore/annoyance to play alone.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I felt all the movement was clunky.

And the meta of MLG settings rewarded linear aggression even more than h3.

Movement on 120 was kinda slidey yeah

And idk on linear aggression, the game rewarded proper spacing more and zoning

Movement on 120 was kinda slidey yeah

And idk on linear aggression, the game rewarded proper spacing more and zoning

The powerup timings and lack of any weapons useful besides the DMR, plasma pistol, and power weapons sucked though

Still a fun gametype

Oh yeah guys.. Solo, particularly the Team Arena playlist, is the absolute worst. Trust and believe I know how you guys feel! I didn't really play on my main account last season and on Monday before the ranks reset I decided, eh let me at least get my Onyx before it resets. 

Probably the most infuriating 10 games of my life. 

The only place I've seen complaints like this is on the TB forums among Onyx players.  For the vast majority of the population that has talked about this in various places on the internet, the matchmaking / skill-matching appears to work fine.  I've played ~250 games of Arena solo (at low Diamond) and have gotten matched against a serious Onyx To4 only once that I recall.  Most games are very close and are against other solo players or players in small parties.  I think the real issue here is that skill matchmaking parameters are effed up at the high end (and party restrictions should be added).

I hope there are more updates to the aiming coming I hate how whenever I play another game I basically have to relearn the aiming in this fucking game.

But with every other Halo game there's no problems going on different games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope there are more updates to the aiming coming I hate how whenever I play another game I basically have to relearn the aiming in this fucking game.

But with every other Halo game there's no problems going on different games.

Yeah the aiming mechanics actually made me quit Halo 5. I might play on occasion, but I won't be actively trying to get better anymore. It's too frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only place I've seen complaints like this is on the TB forums among Onyx players.  For the vast majority of the population that has talked about this in various places on the internet, the matchmaking / skill-matching appears to work fine.  I've played ~250 games of Arena solo (at low Diamond) and have gotten matched against a serious Onyx To4 only once that I recall.  Most games are very close and are against other solo players or players in small parties.  I think the real issue here is that skill matchmaking parameters are effed up at the high end (and party restrictions should be added).

Well I mean don't imagine you would see this frequently in places like Waypoint or r/Halo as much as you would see it on here. On some of the threads I sift through on those sites I typically see people ranging around Silver through Diamond (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that). So I imagine this isn't really something that is high on their priority list. 

The skill matchmaking parameters are indeed messed up because players shouldn't be rewarded with 1900+ Onyx teams going against random solos in Diamonds/Low level Onyx.

Now, I have zero issue with teams of low level Onyxes/Diamonds matching high levels.. That's how it should be (Party restrictions with looser skill matching) But the ELO they win/lose should be relative to the players they're playing. Not just constantly ranking up because they're getting cakewalk matches against randoms with no mics/coordination. That's how it used to be in Halo 3 and literally no one complained about it.

The powerup timings and lack of any weapons useful besides the DMR, plasma pistol, and power weapons sucked though

Still a fun gametype

That's like, every halos problem besides h1, h4 and h5 lol. And id say the PW times were much, much better than h2 or h3 at least.

That's like, every halos problem besides h1, h4 and h5 lol. And id say the PW times were much, much better than h2 or h3 at least.

You say that like i hold halo 2 and 3's sandbox in high regard :P

And nah, static would have worked so much better imo

Where did you get it from if I may ask?

Not mad at all, just wondering if my memes finally made it out of this shady place called beyond.

Edit: nevermind, found it at the top of r/Halo.

Was it yours? I didnt even get it from R/Halo. Got it from a group chat.

I want to talk about Warzone for a sec. Anyone who doesn't play just ignore and move on.

I watch a video about Warzones flaw and he made a very good point. Usually the first team to get BR's wins because it leads to a snowball effect where they just keep getting better weapons and so on. His fix for this was making REQ levels be tied to the duration of the match so everyone is always on an equal playing field as far as REQ level goes.

An idea I had would be to add Ordinance drops into Warzone. I know what you're thinking, but wait, just hear me out. You would only get them from capturing bases or killing bosses. The bigger the base/boss the better the drop. We already have random weapons REQ cards. You kill a boss, get a Uncommon Random Weapon, hit down on the D-pad and it drops you in a weapon. You don't get to choose like in Halo 4.

What does everyone think?

I like the idea. My only thing would be that, I'd reward people more for taking out higher tier bosses, or getting more than one boss kill, because that's what gains your team points in Warzone. Uncommon for a boss? Eh. Go more like Rare, or Ultra Rare/Legendary for high tier bosses like Knight Dignitaries, or Baron.