CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sounds good. Im hoping for a Sandbox remake, loved that map in BTB.

As long as they add the shooting towers back.

Actually, nah. Just block off the entire outer area of the map. The amount of people that would sit up there sucked.

I wouldn't really say he tried to claim it. Part of making dank memes is accepting that people will repost them everywhere with no credit given.

My Chief Canuck senses are tingling...

I guess we need Snakebite again coming in clutch with the Denial of such convos over the holidays.

Pls  based Snakebite, save us( or Lethul, whoever shows up first).

No, stop. Snakebite made an abrupt post that was worded to make Holmes look like the bad guy. I can't remember who it was but it was another Pro that confirmed what the actual discussion was about (Arena Breakout vs. Breakout).

The fault falls on both the Pros for not speaking out against Breakout to the HCS Team, as well as the HCS Team for not having a more open discussion with the top players. It is quite absurd that Snakebite had to turn the community against a developer, and how Beyond Staff had to run a poll to draw more publicity to it. It isn't the community's responsibility, it isn't Beyond's responsibility, and it isn't Holmes responsibility.

The HCS Team (with a dodgy track record) needs to work better with the Top Players, it's as simple as that.

Snakebite abruptly calling out Holmes was a terrible way to go about it and we shouldn't praise him for it.

I remember people gushing over arena breakout here for a little while before reverting back.

People were gushing (myself included) when they announced it because the way they described it sounded like exactly what Breakout needed:

• Full Shields
  • More Maps (and more diverse)
  • Power Weapons on map to sway games

What we got was a teamshoot heavy gametype played only on symmetrical maps, Radar enabled, etc. Most maps pretty much only had a Shotgun or something else really weak. There was no setting up, there was no comeback potential, etc. That is what we assumed/hoped would be there and it wasn't delivered upon, hence the current distaste for Arena Breakout

Breakout would be great if shields were normal. Just saying

See above. More teamshooting and now Power Weapons to stop snowballing.

I was Onyx 1750 last season and won 6 out of 10

Placements aren't just W/L. There are too many factors that you simply cannot track.

• Your KD/Performance
  • Your W/L
  • Your teammates' performances
  • Your teammates' CSR/MMR
  • Your background CSR/MMR
  • Your opponents CSR/MMR
  • and more
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Actually, nah. Just block off the entire outer area of the map. The amount of people that would sit up there sucked.

Noooo. The entire map should stay the same. Cause nostalgia.

Noooo. The entire map should stay the same. Cause nostalgia.

The thought of a DMR up there is already giving my nightmares.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thought of a DMR up there is already giving my nightmares.

Muhaha. Hey. At least the map won't have it if people are smart......

@@heytred

I just personally have a hard time with your logic when the player retention(active users vs overall sales) of 343 halo games is horrendous.

A couple days ago Phil Spencer announced that they will no longer show off xb1 sales figures and instead focus on monthly active user figures because that is more important.

When the very head of xboX is saying active users is the most important aspect and 343's games struggle mightily in regards to that metric, there's an issue.

I mean Halo is now always going to be compared to moguls like COD/Destiny and other top games like FIFA, but Brav/Holmes have both reported good stats about H5's population.

If you want to write off their claims as not being true, that's up to you, but what would they game from turning on PR-mode and promoting user numbers to small audiences like r/Halo and Beyond?

If there was an article promoted on main Xbox/343 channels that flaunted and boasted about H5's population, then I'd say we have reason to doubt its validity, but what benefit would they gain from reporting positive population stats to an audience like Beyond?

If they didn't have anything positive to report, they just wouldn't post. They aren't going to gain some mass benefit from deceiving Beyond/rHalo...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Somewhere Lemon is burning because you acted like he would say that.

Lemon's Interview

343: So what your favorite aspect of Halo 5?

Lemon: Buff the pistol.

343: I'm sorry but I don't think the company needs a lemon.

That's what made the map though. Fighting for chopper control on top of the dunes.

The again, there are no choppers in this game.

With literally two short sentences, he was able to enact a bigger change to the game than dozens and dozens of paragraphs, posts, carefully considered diatribes...

It's not about praising him, it's about celebrating the cruel irony of it all.

Imagine if he had just gone to the HCS team instead rather than creating a manhunt for Holmes in the community...

If all the Pros who voted against Breakout had gone to the HCS Team, I feel it would have gotten removed just as quick. A salty post from a Pro, a manhunt, and a poll run by us shouldn't be the most efficient way to go about change.

Holmes or the Design teams may be reading our massive posts and feedback, but the HCS Team seems to be in their own realm, and they are the ones who decide what is played.

I mean Halo is now always going to be compared to moguls like COD/Destiny and other top games like FIFA, but Brav/Holmes have both reported good stats about H5's population.

If you want to write off their claims as not being true, that's up to you, but what would they game from turning on PR-mode and promoting user numbers to small audiences like r/Halo and Beyond?

If there was an article promoted on main Xbox/343 channels that flaunted and boasted about H5's population, then I'd say we have reason to doubt its validity, but what benefit would they gain from reporting positive population stats to an audience like Beyond?

If they didn't have anything positive to report, they just wouldn't post. They aren't going to gain some mass benefit from deceiving Beyond/rHalo...

and yet they've provided no numbers. Multiple times they said "it's fine" without actually proving it. If the population were truly fine they'd provide the data. They've yet to actually do that, after multiple people asking about it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if he had just gone to the HCS team instead rather than creating a manhunt for Holmes in the community...

If all the Pros who voted against Breakout had gone to the HCS Team, I feel it would have gotten removed just as quick. A salty post from a Pro, a manhunt, and a poll run by us shouldn't be the most efficient way to go about change.

Holmes or the Design teams may be reading our massive posts and feedback, but the HCS Team seems to be in their own realm, and they are the ones who decide what is played.

So we need to start a manhunt towards the HCS Team?

Their claims make no sense in relation to the only 3rd party representation of online population (xbl most played list) we have. While that chart is far from perfect I'm always going to believe an unbiased third party over the unsubstantiated claims from a bias 1st party source

• Upvote (+1) 9

So we need to start a manhunt towards the HCS Team?

I wouldn't say that but I wish the HCS team would interact more. Wasn't it che who said Halo eSports had like 7 million enthusiasts or something? I'd love to know where they pulled that number from because I find it hard to believe there are that many and if they truly think that, they are WAY off.

Whether or not the pros could communicate their desires more clearly to the HCS team is beside the point (though I wonder if they feel it's as futile as we do). Josh specifically iterated a piece of information that was wholly untrue. That is entirely the fault of someone at 343.

But if you're saying "everything should be handled behind closed doors", then no. No it should not.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Snakebite's posts were very matter-of-fact, I don't know where you're reading this from. Did it incite a minor witch hunt? Maybe, but that is entirely on the community for knee-jerking at what was most likely a simple miscommunication between Josh and whomever had the Arena Breakout dialogue with the pros.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone link the question that led to josh giving that now infamous answer?

Josh specifically iterated a piece of information that was wholly untrue.

Through technicalities (which aren't a good grounds to base someone's legitimacy, I know), he was being honest. They had the option to remove Breakout for another gametype. Whether he was aware of that condition, we don't know. If I had to guess, I'd assume he was not aware, which once again comes down to miscommunication.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snakebite's posts were very matter-of-fact, I don't know where you're reading this from. Did it incite a minor witch hunt? Maybe, but that is entirely on the community for knee-jerking at what was most likely a simple miscommunication between Josh and whomever had the Arena Breakout dialogue with the pros.

Josh said that there was a dialogue that occurred, which was true. However, he was most likely not aware the nuances of the conversation, understandable.

Snakebite said no poll was taken to remove Breakout entirely, which is true, but Holmes either wasn't referring to such a poll or wasn't aware of the actual contents of the poll.

It's mis-wording from both parties, simple as that.

Josh said that there was a dialogue that occurred, which was true. However, he was most likely not aware the nuances of the conversation, understandable.

Snakebite said no poll was taken to remove Breakout entirely, which is true, but Holmes either wasn't referring to such a poll or wasn't aware of the actual contents of the poll.

Uh. Didn't Holmes straight up say they polled the top pros and the majority favoured breakout in HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and yet they've provided no numbers. Multiple times they said "it's fine" without actually proving it. If the population were truly fine they'd provide the data. They've yet to actually do that, after multiple people asking about it.

This is SOP from all but the biggest, multi-platform IPs.  When you're game is on XOne, 360, PS3, PS4 and PC its a lot easier to get gawdy population numbers than if its on Xbox One only.  Inevitably, people will absolutely not take that context into account and start slamming the game for solely its pop count, even if proportionally to the install base it is really good.  I dont blame them for not taking that risk.

What I originally meant was that  WE AS THE COMMUNITY should know about this, after all we still support their game and want was is best for it. If it wasn't because of Snakebite, we would've never known anything about this situation.  That was my point.