CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

GUYS YOU CAN ARMORY GLITCH EVERY MAP WHAT THE HELL, 343 PATCH PLSSSSSSSS

What be this armory glitch?

What be this armory glitch?

You drive a warthog halfway off the roof and get out. It makes you literally go inside the armory and no one can cap it.

You drive a warthog halfway off the roof and get out. It makes you literally go inside the armory and no one can cap it.

Brute hammer kills the guy inside. If you're staring at the spot he sits in with the outdoors facing you, stand to the left and hammer it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Brute hammer kills the guy inside. If you're staring at the spot he sits in with the outdoors facing you, stand to the left and hammer it.

That works? And thanks man that's really helpful. Wish I knew this my last 4 games lol.

Guys do we know if they changed the rankings in placements matches?. Last season I got like 1600 Onyx in the placements, now a dirty diamond 5.

Guys do we know if they changed the rankings in placements matches?. Last season I got like 1600 Onyx in the placements, now a dirty diamond 5.

Maybe you're just a dirty diamond 5

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't think so. Any idea what ranks the other players were in your placement games? 

If you're only beating Golds/Diamonds, you won't place directly into Onyx.

GUYS YOU CAN ARMORY GLITCH EVERY MAP WHAT THE HELL, 343 PATCH PLSSSSSSSS

Adapt. It's just social, fam. (But seriously, what is this glitch?)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Though I don't disagree, unfortunately what we as a community need to understand is that balance isn't the only thing that matters anymore. Sure it's the most important aspect of the game in regards to the game's competitiveness, there are so many other factors the developer has to and will inevitably consider.

And this is why the competitive parts of the game should not be using default settings.

Nevermind the fact that Josh and Frankie routinely ignore some of the most informative material on this forum with exactly zero acknowledgement. No, it is not good enough to say, "yeah we definitely read everything", but remark on almost nothing. There is no confirmation that our individual ideas are considered, or even appreciated.

They acknowledged my bitching of purple, brah. They also acknowledged bitching about Arena Breakout in Team Arena, if I'm not mistaken. One could argue Breakout was the same in terms of high level play involving it. I dunno.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In a lobby of full champions in FFA on Overgrowth, the person who won the game had zero, ZERO headshots. That person clearly used the map and weapons to his or her advantage and dominated us.

I took this quote from a Waypoint thread with the intention to make fun of it but now I want to make a comment on it.

This person is defending the layout of Overgrowth by saying that the person who won "used the map and weapons to his or her advantage".

The issue being that it takes nearly 0 skill to take advantage of sword-sprinting on the map. I have 2-3 videos of me getting sprees-frenzies by doing no thought or effort aside from sprinting at anyone I saw.

Here's my problem; you have an entire community of people arguing for these features based on complete misunderstandings or misconceptions about how "high-level play" works. This person in particular has said he was Champion (or in a lobby of champions), so I can only assume he's a little on the dumb side.

My favorite:

"The pistol is harder to use than the BR"

"A 'skilled' pistol user will kill a BR user"

There are some hardcore mental gymnastics going on here to actually convince someone that somebody who is a "skilled pistol user" will have the advantage as opposed to if he had a BR. Never-mind the idea that someone who is good at using the pistol will also be equally good at using the easier BR.

They seem to live in some sort of fantasy-land where the "skilled" player always wins, and that everything is just.

Another classic:

Let's say...

"A player shouldn't be allowed to be so deadly with a storm rifle+ radar combo while camping a corner."

They say...

"A good player would have the awareness to know someone is in that corner."

I've heard it multiple times that somehow "good" players are meant to be omnipotent in discussions regarding radar. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone who has ever said something along these lines is themselves a "good player".

I think it's pretty safe to say that these misconceptions make up the majority of arguments that are pro-current sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They acknowledged my bitching of purple, brah. They also acknowledged bitching about Arena Breakout in Team Arena, if I'm not mistaken. One could argue Breakout was the same in terms of high level play involving it. I dunno.

Arena Breakout was unpopular everywhere, including /r/Halo

These guys don't know what they are talking about. They did change it. Lots of people I was playing at mid to high onyx level last season now placed diamond 5. Something was definetly changed.

These guys don't know what they are talking about. They did change it. Lots of people I was playing at mid to high onyx level last season now placed diamond 5. Something was definetly changed.

Would be a little weird for them to announce all those changes for Feb 2016's season and then say nothing for the March 2016 season if any changes were made.

And then there's me. Placed Diamond 5 in a playlist last month, got Onyx 1,600 upon completion of my placements this month.

@ - the glitch on Warzone Assault is being able to wall breach into the armory doorway and prevent it from capture. Only counter is to spawn a Hammer and hit the guy through the wall.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember people gushing over arena breakout here for a little while before reverting back.