CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You really want to look at what 343 has done post launch and say they aren't listening?

This is a rhetorical question. So I'll give you the answer that was implicit, which is no.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a rhetorical question. So I'll give you the answer that was implicit, which is no.

Alrighty, I'm assuming you don't read patch notes then!

Not implementing what you want when you want it does not mean they aren't listening... but whatever. <3

• Upvote (+1) 3

You really want to look at what 343 has done post launch and say they aren't listening?

Does it even matter at this point? Nobody plays the game! 343 Industries blew their first impression for the third time in a row lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo CE was my gateway. It was a quick addiction, fun, playful.

Halo 2 was my sweet cocaine, a high I'll never forget.

Halo 3 was my crack, not nearly as good.

Halo Reach was me giving BJs in the back alley and hating myself for said crack.

Halo 4 was rehab where I finally said fuck it and walked away from the franchise for a while.

Halo 5 is like acid, and although I both enjoy and fear it, I have no idea what the fuck is going on half of the time.

Can we go ahead and vote this 2016's best post thus far?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Alrighty, I'm assuming you don't read patch notes then!

Not implementing what you want when you want it does not mean they aren't listening... but whatever. <3I

Just a few posts ago I said this, which you replied to, which means you read it.

---

I bought their game so they should be listening to me. Sure, not exclusively only to me specifically, but when you ignore enough of your customers you end up with the shitty population numbers Halo 5 currently has.

---

You aren't as good at debate tactics as you think you are. Keep trying to paint a picture of me of how "entitiled I am" for wanting a game that plays well.

You could try actually presenting arguments for a change, but until that happens this conversation is pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just a few posts ago I said this, which you replied to, which means you read it.

---

I bought their game so they should be listening to me. Sure, not exclusively only to me specifically, but when you ignore enough of your customers you end up with the shitty population numbers Halo 5 currently has.

---

You aren't as good at debate tactics as you think you are. Keep trying to paint a picture of me of how "entitiled I am" for wanting a game that plays well.

You could try actually presenting arguments for a change, but until that happens this conversation is pointless.

The problem for 343 is that they have feedback coming from all directions telling them completely opposing things.

For example there are some people who hate the sandbox and want autos and "redundant" precision weapons to be removed. A number also think the sandbox is perfect and should remain the same. Others say small changes should be made. For some bizarre reason there are also people who think the pistol should be nerfed.

Who should 343 listen to?

• Upvote (+1) 5

As much as I would really like this game, I have come to the conclusion that there really is just too many variables to think about in any given game.

A couple days ago, I literally gave myself a very small goose egg on my forehead (banging my head against my mattress out of rage and accidentally hitting the bed frame... lol I don't want to throw and break my controller or phone out of rage).

Honestly just lol at that but it did give me a literal(yes @Hard VVay, I mean literally), wake up call.

This game just isn't worth the frustration of trying to get better at when I am trying to work 40 hours a week so I can afford better things. It was easier when I could no life H4 staying with my Grandma... but life happens eventually so now I just want a simpler Halo to pick up and play when I get home, while still enjoying competitive games and getting better.

At this moment in time, Halo 5 just does not qualify for this. All of the damn Spartan Abilities that make combat needlessly unpredictable, the excessively short radar range that caters to no one(even those who like radar), the maze like maps that have so many different ways to get to one place and littered with sporadic cover which creates some nonsensical angles and lines of sight, H5 is the first Halo game that I really don't play because I think to myself, just how frustrated am I willing to get right now?

That is the experience with Arena. Warzone is boring and random as hell because of the random REQ system(which also ruins the reward and grind of unlocking cosmetic stuff), and I hate how lazy the maps are put together, you can sum them up as CQC fights between 10+ players at once in the overused bases, or sprinting endlessly across wide open fields either getting cross-mapped by BRs and Snipers or avoiding the underpowered paper armored vehicles. And then there is nowhere near enough AI on the maps and the bosses are boring to shoot at being all bullet spongy. Seriously, at the start of the game you have 12 Spartan players vs only like 20 enemy AI. That number of AI needs to multiply by 12 PER TEAM for Warzone to even begin to be fun.

The only playlist that I can somewhat enjoy myself in is BTB, technically it is Arena but I don't consider it to be of the same category of BS. The Maps are nowhere near as maze like and therefore the angles and lines of sight make much more sense, and the radar is actually a somewhat useful 25m. All that is a bit more like classic Halo (and hey, considering that all of the BTB maps are remakes of or inspired by classic maps, of course they make more sense...).

But BTB still suffers from the complications that the Spartan Abilities bring, and the easily Team BR'd paper vehicles just ruin the rest of any BTB fun there may be.

And you know the gameplay has been getting worse with each Halo when even the Campaign is progressively worse with each Halo.

The encounters are over complicated due to encouraged use of Spartan Abilities, but trying to do anything with them results in you getting melted by the AI like H2, but this time you have a slow, painful checkpoint wipe as you watch your AI teammates try to figure out how to come revive you and get downed themselves, one by one.

Not to mention vehicle encounter gameplay has been garbage since Reach with the paper vehicles getting destroyed within a matter of minutes over time by fucking AI small arms...

I can't win no matter what I try to play in H5, and there isn't much to play to begin with.

I'm going to be trying to help get this classic inspired H5 playlist/or custom games community going, and if that fails then I think that I won't be playing this game. Screw tournaments and their settings in this game, there is too many different random things to think about that I just don't have the time to get frustrated over, unless it happens with these classic settings (but that is just wishful thinking).

I may be back to see if Warzone Firefight is any good, but I will otherwise just not be playing this BS game much especially if classic settings don't happen. And MCC is just too broken and incomplete to repeatedly entice me. Seriously, in MCC, H4 is still missing the Infinity Armor Pack, ODST is missing Firefight, and all games in MCC don't allow you to individually utilize the classic armor and emblem customization for each game. The game is still incomplete, not to mention all of the issues with MCC matchmaking, especially the nonsensical playlist setup.

I think that they finally broke me guys... I tried so hard to #Adapt and I failed. I have just about completely given up.

-SMARTAN 427

UR JUST BAD
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The problem for 343 is that they have feedback coming from all directions telling them completely opposing things.

For example there are some people who hate the sandbox and want autos and "redundant" precision weapons to be removed. A number also think the sandbox is perfect and should remain the same. Others say small changes should be made. For some bizarre reason there are also people who think the pistol should be nerfed.

Whoever makes the more compelling argument should be listened to. Now, I'm sure If you (speaking generally here) thought long enough you could construct an argument for things like a pistol nerf. If you think about it long enough you could probably make a moderately convincing case for almost anything.

I still think it is easy enough to identify to real ones from the fake ones. The more straightforward an argument is the more likely it is to actually hold some substance. I really doubt someone can make a pistol nerf sound good for the game without having to perform impressive mental gymnastics.

They could easily just set up a "beta" playlist and try lots of things out instead of trying to figure out if someone makes sense but doesn't work in practice.

If they really are so afraid of say, taking radar out of team arena why don't they just try it out in that playlist?

Hell, they could even try out more controversial things like a 4sk pistol and just make it clear that "this is a test playlist, so don't expect everything to be perfect".

If players recieve it well, it should be adopted, and if it isn't it should be put back on the drawing board.

We're in the H5 thread, bro. Also every game with sprint is COD. YAAAAAWWWNN.

Shit...accidental rep...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The problem for 343? This is a problem for every developer in the industry. It's in no way specific to Halo. It's not an excuse for poor decision making either.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The problem for 343? This is a problem for every developer in the industry. It's in no way specific to Halo. It's not an excuse for poor decision making either.

Of course it is. However, this is a Halo 5 thread which is a game developed by 343, hence why I'm referring to them in my posts.

As for poor decision making, that's entirely dependant on whether or not you think things need to be drastically changed. Personally I think the post launch support from 343 has been excellent.

I guess we need Snakebite again coming in clutch with the Denial of such convos over the holidays.

Pls  based Snakebite, save us( or Lethul, whoever shows up first).

Of course it is. However, this is a Halo 5 thread which is a game developed by 343, hence why I'm referring to them in my posts.

As for poor decision making, that's entirely dependant on whether or not you think things need to be drastically changed. Personally I think the post launch support from 343 has been excellent.

That's fine, but as someone who couldn't care less about armor, helmets, skins, or different variants of maps that I already dislike, I think very differently.

I find it odd that Lambo has Hot Juicy Pies name as a possibility to be removed when he was literally the biggest reason why we got Achilles when we did.

So Call of Duty added in the ability to watch live events from the home screen of Blops 3.

Your move 343.

Perfect. Yes 343 lets see how many more COD like feature you can add to Halo. I mean it's done so much for the growth of the franchise. Wow that was some sarcasm! I just couldn't help myself. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it odd that Lambo has Hot Juicy Pies name as a possibility to be removed when he was literally the biggest reason why we got Achilles when we did.

Pretty sure he's saying Juicy is one of the top grinders who should stay...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Perfect. Yes 343 lets see how many more COD like feature you can add to Halo. I mean it's done so much for the growth of the franchise. Wow that was some sarcasm! I just couldn't help myself.

You had me so scared for a minute. I applaud you.

?? Did I miss something