CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well man, we have a dictatorship right now and it's not working out so great. 

This statement is about as sensationalist as the US media coverage of the Ebola outbreak.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They said most were in favor based on an alleged dialogue.

Turns out, They were not in favor of it, so there was no dialogue that could've been held that would indicate the opposite and be the truth. It was a lie, started by who, it doesn't matter it was told to us by the devs, then it blew up in their face, only then did we get what we wanted, not before that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesnt count if i didnt see it :P

Where did you get it from if I may ask?

Not mad at all, just wondering if my memes finally made it out of this shady place called beyond.

Edit: nevermind, found it at the top of r/Halo.

I'm all for being charitable, but finding some similarities between two terms - especially when you're grasping at straws - doesn't form a solid foundation from which to call someone a liar. The entire reaction to that chain of events has been nothing more than confirmation bias in action.

"We polled the pros and they preferred to have Breakout stay"

"We were never polled"

That pretty much is the definition of a lie. I don't understand what you are getting at. Had Snakebite not completely exposed that lie, Breakout would still be in based on the justification of this "poll".

They said most were in favor based on an alleged dialogue.

Turns out, They were not in favor of it, so there was no dialogue that could've been held that would indicate the opposite and be the truth. It was a lie, started by who, it doesn't matter it was told to us by the devs, then it blew up in their face, only then did we get what we wanted, not before that.

Incorrect.

Josh's exact words in regards to the feedback was that it was "split" and that there was "not a majority in favor of removing."

Wanting autos nerfed, or easier yet, removed from the "competitive" playlist is NOWHERE near impossible. Wanting rifles to be either more difficult, or easier yet, removed from the "competitive" playlist is, you guessed it, NOWHERE near impossible. You don't think Halo can go back at all? Good for ducking you. You want to give up? Good for fucking you. But I don't and others don't. 343 patched out super sliding yet adjusting weapons is just "too much"? You go on and play and enjoy yourself. That's not gonna stop people from trying to improve the game.

Ice cream is fucking great on it's own right? No need to change anything right? But if you put chocolate syrup on it or and topping you choose does it make it better? Things can be improved. Always.

You're comparing ice cream to a video game. You can't just order Halo with light aim assist and a side of social playlist dude. lol They don't give a shit and haven't for years. That's the sad reality 

• Downvote (-1) 1

"We were never polled"

That pretty much is the definition of a lie. I don't understand what you are getting at. Had Snakebite not completely exposed that lie, Breakout would still be in based on the justification of this "poll".

No, Josh never said the pros were polled. It's a lie because you changed the content to make it one.

This statement is about as sensationalist as the US media coverage of the Ebola outbreak.

Is this whole thing just a joke to you? Like, just the most amusing and inconsequential thing in the world for you right now? Because with how minimizing your attitude is toward legitimate concerns over the direction of competitive Halo as a whole in this moment - and by legitimate, I mean not being a defeatist and trying to play the appeaser - it sure seems trivial over on your side of the table.

You're comparing ice cream to a video game. You can't just order Halo with light aim assist and a side of social playlist dude. lol They don't give a shit and haven't for years. That's the sad reality

But they have tweaked settings in every game they have worked on, so why all of a sudden should we just stop? And the point of the comparison was to show that just because you find something "good" doesn't mean it can't be improved.

"We were never polled"

As heytred posted earlier, Holmes never claimed that a poll was taken, he said there was a dialogue. This shows that while he may have not been the best person to inform us of this situation, he still was aware of some of the goings-on.

It was later revealed that a poll was taken in Nov/Dec asking Pros what they would rather play: Arena Breakout or Breakout. They picked Breakout. This is the poll that Holmes was referring to. So TECHNICALLY through tricky wording, the Pros had the option to remove Breakout from the HWC, or rather replace it.

The fact of the matter is that he likely was either misinformed or considered the replacement opportunity the same as the option to remove it. We won't know if Pro's ever had or would have had the option to fully remove it. And quite frankly it doesn't matter anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, Josh never said the pros were polled. It's a lie because you changed the content to make it one.

Okay sorry there was a "dialogue" that Snakebite CLEARLY said didn't happen. I don't understand how you can't see this.

Incorrect.

Josh's exact words in regards to the feedback was that it was "split" and that there was "not a majority in favor of removing."

either way there's no possible discussion they could've had that would've led to what they said it led to, given what we know Based on actual polling data.

But they have tweaked settings in every game they have worked on, so why all of a sudden should we just stop? And the point of the comparison was to show that just because you find something "good" doesn't mean it can't be improved.

It can be but it won't be. No radar is the farthest I see new settings going and that's about it. If aim assist on all the pick ups ( BR, DMR, ect ) was lowered that be great and all, but do you see them doing that? No. They're not going to shit on the babies that make up the gaming market who expect instant satisfaction. 

As heytred posted earlier, Holmes never claimed that a poll was taken, he said there was a dialogue. This shows that while he may have not been the best person to inform us of this situation, he still was aware of some of the goings-on.

It was later revealed that a poll was taken in Nov/Dec asking Pros what they would rather play: Arena Breakout or Breakout. They picked Breakout. This is the poll that Holmes was referring to. So TECHNICALLY through tricky wording, the Pros had the option to remove Breakout from the HWC, or rather replace it.

The fact of the matter is that he likely was either misinformed or considered the replacement opportunity the same as the option to remove it. We won't know if Pro's ever had or would have had the option to fully remove it. And quite frankly it doesn't matter anymore.

See, if he hadn't said "some pros voted for Breakout to stay because they put the time in to practice it" I could maybe see that they were deciding between Arena Breakout and regular Breakout. Also, saying it was "split" was deemed false by Snakebite too. That makes Josh's statement a lie, whether he intended it to be or not.

What do you guys think would be an acceptable auto nerf? A range nerf? Spread? Damage?

range. Range for sure. Shit is idiotic. Only thing I really hate about the autos in this game

• Upvote (+1) 3

It can be but it won't be. No radar is the farthest I see new settings going and that's about it. If aim assist on all the pick ups ( BR, DMR, ect ) was lowered that be great and all, but do you see them doing that? No. They're not going to shit on the babies that make up the gaming market who expect instant satisfaction.

Well seeing as Halo 5's population has plummeted it format seem to far fetched. Plus they even stated that they can "tune weapons on the fly" or something like that, so for them to not even touch the weapons is absurd to say the least.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think would be an acceptable auto nerf? A range nerf? Spread? Damage?

We could just remove it. Having noob friendly automatics for starting weapons in competitive play is a joke. Pistol only starts. But if we had to nerf it just make its range how it used to be in previous Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

range. Range for sure. Shit is idiotic. Only thing I really hate about the autos in this game

yeah, the power is fine, but accuracy and range makes them more problematic than need be.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

tumblr_inline_n7thmofJLl1rqioyq.gif

I know that whole thing went down in a stupid way. But I feel like now is the right moment to sort out the company. I checked a lot of the players yesterday and we still have a lot of people that dont contribute enough imo. I would replace them now with Beyonders that really grind a lot and are active. Otherwise it is going to be a pain to get that helmet.

I am not the one to decide this of course, we should ask other active grinders what they think about this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We could just remove it. Having noob friendly automatics for starting weapons in competitive play is a joke. Pistol only starts.

Then you remove an entire section of the weapon sandbox. I think there''s something to be said for gameplay that rewards certain guns at different ranges.

I know that whole thing went down in a stupid way. But I feel like now is the right moment to sort out the company. I checked a lot of the players yesterday and we still have a lot of people that dont contribute enough imo. I would replace them now with Beyonders that really grind a lot and are active. Otherwise it is going to be a pain to get that helmet.

I am not the one to decide this of course, we should ask other active grinders what they think about this.

If you drop me some names in a PM, I'll talk to @@Infinity about it. We're always actively looking into removing inactive players.

Then you remove an entire section of the weapon sandbox. I think there''s something to be said for gameplay that rewards certain guns at different ranges.

I meant as a starting weapon.

yeah, the power is fine, but accuracy and range makes them more problematic than need be.

uhhggg....

If you drop me some names in a PM, I'll talk to @@Infinity about it. We're always actively looking into removing inactive players.

Pretty much what Moa said. We sorted through I believe everyone in the company. If I really wanted to run the company the most efficiently I would have kicked a lot more people and brought on people who were truly very active. Sadly, some people played enough and are active community members that I would have felt bad for removing them and denying them the armor (inb4 but Ryan, your so corrupt?!).

We're not all true grinders but we're in it together, so hopefully getting the helmet goes smoothly. I have a feeling next month's Warzone update will help a ton.