CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Isn't it common sense that playtesting improves game mechanics?

Nope. And mentioning "common sense" is hilarious seeing as that isn't a thing. But please, tell me how sprint is a better mechanic than a faster walking speed. I'm waiting.

Would Valve adding sprint into Counter Strike be trivial? Would the devs making the next Unreal Tournament putting sprint or clamber in be considered trivial?

If those games were designed around the new mechanic, yes. It would be.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

because we had an appointed leader in Ghost. If MLG hadn't selected him to create v1 before dropping H4 it would have been a nightmare. Not everyone agreed with him, but he took everyones feedback into account, something niche groups like Gold Pro would not do for the communities wide array of opinions.

And H4 was the bumpiest road in terms of settings, from AGL Brad insulting Ghost and his settings publicly over Twitter, to late in the life cycle where Proverb and Iron Gaming were placing a Single Sniper in Pit Long Hall.

I'm not talking about the HGC (which was the same nonsense we're dealing with now). I'm talking about people who workshopped the settings for 4s. 

I'm not talking about the HGC (which was the same nonsense we're dealing with now). I'm talking about people who workshopped the settings for 4s. 

Ghost created the settings for 4s...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't it common sense that playtesting improves game mechanics?

Oh god you would fucking think so wouldn't you? How many of the new maps have huge exploits?

If those games were designed around the new mechanic, yes. It would be.

You do realize you are essentially saying "if a game changes the way it is normally played in order to fit a certain mechanic then that mechanic is trivial" right?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You do realize you are essentially saying "if a game changes the way it is normally played in order to fit a certain mechanic then that mechanic is trivial" right?

Halo 6 will be a JRPG, but it'll be okay, they'll design it to work well. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Nope. And mentioning "common sense" is hilarious seeing as that isn't a thing. But please, tell me how sprint is a better mechanic than a faster walking speed. I'm waiting.

I don't understand why you people still want to play Halo after it has committed the grest sin of 'introducing new mobility options'. Also, suggesting a faster walking speed as an alternative to sprint represents a fundamental misunderstanding ofor how this mechanic affects gameplay.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Aww I figured.

@@CyReN MAKE ANOTHER PLZ OR KICK AN INACTIVE FOR YOUR GOOD PAL

@@Infinity is (I think) the leader of the Spartan Company. I'd request to join the queue as others do, and wait in line. Maybe talk with him about removal of other inactive/non-contributive players. I dunno. I'm tired.

It is trivial.

You have a very dim view of the Halo community if you think it's trivial.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost created the settings for 4s...

Ghost was one of many people who contributed to the settings. It was not just him. 

I don't understand why you people still want to play Halo after it has committed the grest sin of 'introducing new mobility options'. Also, suggesting a faster walking speed as an alternative to sprint represents a fundamental misunderstanding ofor how this mechanic affects gameplay.

Please, enlighten us. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ghost was one of many people who contributed to the settings. It was not just him. 

Yes well aware, I was one of those people for a short period of time, but he had the final say and was the head of decision making

At this point in time no one would unanimously agree on a settings leader for Halo 5 without intervention from a higher power (MLG, 343, etc.)

Please, enlighten us.

With the new 'shield timer' mechanic, there''s thi's great tossup between mobility and survivability. It creates some really tense chase situations.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You have a very dim view of the Halo community if you think it's trivial.

No, I undestand the community is up in arms about it, but I think if you'be played H5 for any length of time, you start to see how silly the comparison is.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm actually laughing, please don't take this as me being aggressive. I'm just enjoying myself but I'll stop if you would like lol.

Yes I can tell you're definitey not very butthurt.
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Still waiting for a Wikipedia article that outlines the characteristics allowing a "poll" and "dialogue" to be interchangeable.

Yes well aware, I was one of those people for a short period of time, but he had the final say and was the head of decision making

At this point in time no one would unanimously agree on a settings leader for Halo 5 without intervention from a higher power (MLG, 343, etc.)

Well man, we have a dictatorship right now and it's not working out so great. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still waiting for a Wikipedia article that outlines the characteristics allowing a "poll" and "dialogue" to be interchangeable.

Poll - get peoples opinions or select options

343's dialogue - get the pros opinions or select options for breakoit

May not be the best term but i can see why he might use it

Poll - get peoples opinions or select options

343's dialogue - get the pros opinions or select options for breakoit

May not be the best term but i can see why he might use it

I'm all for being charitable, but finding some similarities between two terms - especially when you're grasping at straws - doesn't form a  solid foundation from which to call someone a liar. The entire reaction to that chain of events has been nothing more than confirmation bias in action.

• Upvote (+1) 3

confirmation bias in action.

confirmation bias

bias

selection bias

self selection bias

Confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 2