CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Has it been brought up yet that there are no symbols for the weapons when you pick them up.

By that I mean that it only tells you "press X to pick up Battle Rifle" and no Icon for it like on previous iterations.

It might be a minor thing but I hate having to read what weapon I´m standing on in order to decide if I want it or not.

If you know the weapon spawns, what's the big deal? I could see if there is ahuge cluster of weapons where people died, but you really only need to see the first few letters to know what it is.

Alright, this is a long time coming.

Ranking System

- When the player has found a match, somewhere on the screen, (preferably middle top), have a box that informs the player exactly how the player will be rewarded. ie: Win Match = +10 points | Loss Match = -12 points | Quit match = -20 points.

- When selecting a Ranked playlist, the player should be able to press a button (X) to bring up a message that will inform the player on what ranking is and how ranking is calculated in that playlist.

- Rank Emblems should have a "Shine" tier (3 tiers). This is to help the player quickly identify which tier of a division another player is in. ie: Onyx Tier 1 = No shine (Normal emblem) | Onyx Tier 2 = Some Shine | Onyx Tier 3 = Most Shine

UI

- While looking in the roster, allow the Right Stick to quickly move the list up and down, and the Triggers to go up and down pages, just like in Halo 4.

- Allow less than 4 characters in the Service Tag.

- Like in MCC, add a "view map" option to a playlist.

- Text in the Service Record appears to be inconsistent with the text in the rest of the game. If true, please correct.

- Before the map loads, the player should get to know which map they will play in while in the searching/loading screen.

- When loading into a map, add a countdown to when actual playing can commence. 

- Add back the "Time until respawn" countdown.

- No Hitmarkers

- Where the weapon is position in the UI, add a numeric value next to the clip for ease of use. ie: 8 ||||||||

Maps

Truth

- Give "Pink" an actual pink coat of paint.

- Decrease the map size by ~10%. Right now it is somewhat difficult to easily find other players.

- Make sure Carbine actually gets a Carbine.

Empire

- Replace Sniper in Tower with another Power weapon/Power up.

Spartan Abilities

Unfortunately, I highly doubt any of these will be removed, so I will try to give feedback to all of them like they will stay.

Sprint 

- Allow the player to Sprint out of ADS.

- When the player has no shields, slow down Sprint by 25%

- When shields are recharging, if the player is sprinting, shields should recharge 50% slower

- Once shot, take the player out of Sprint instantly. 

Slide (Useless right now)

- Allow the player to shoot while sliding.

- Let the Slide last longer.

Smart Link (ADS)

- Allow a classic version

Ground Pound

- Decrease the range.

- Require that the player has to hit the enemy for any damage.

- If the player misses a hit, no damage should be given to the enemy. Only knockback. 

- Increase height requirement for use.

Truster

- Allow the player to shoot while in Thrust.

Weapons

DMR

- Decrease Rate of Fire

- Add an extra bullet to the clip. 15 in total

- Make the bullet more visible when shooting.

AR 

- When in ADS, remove the "Scope" benefit. Player should be required to burst fire the weapon for accuracy now that it will have a constant scope.

- Slow the Rate of Fire OR require an extra 2-4 bullets to kill.

General

- Get rid of Flinch

- Improve animations in the map skyboxes

- Very enjoyable from what I played.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Based purely on watching gameplays the overall engine for H5 seems really tight compared to H4/H2A. Not sure how to describe it but everything seems like it has some impact behind it, like things would in the real world. 

Really digging the colors and death animations too. Spartans drop immediately when killed and look like they were hit with a bullet from a powerful rifle made 500 in years in the future. The spartans still look a bit plasticky to me but its much better than H4/H2A and the colors seem deep and saturated rather than pastel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope you're right.

@@GoldenboyFTW can you clear this up for us?

I know you "don't care about peoples personal experience" but honestly I've never died to a ground pound. It's honestly obvious when people are gonna go for it and its easy to evade. And I think the only times I've gotten kills with it are when I was going to get the kill anyway (the guy's oblivious, or weak). I'm gonna guess you haven't been able to play the beta yet? Because before I got to play I thought the same thing you did but now that I've played it I feel like either I die from trying to ground pound or I just use to it to embarrass bad player. 

We matched My Goggle when he was streaming for 400 people. Beat him 50-48 and then 50-11

We even got recognized.

0d783ec7d674f5ed6c2ca3531681c22e.png

You guys totally destroyed in the second game. He had some bad teammates tough.

...Moa was actually jumping out of Car 2 towards bubble which is slanted. He was probably barely high enough to activate it.

I see what you mean, but this map has ramps everywhere so there's basically a lot of places where you can activate Ground Pound. Many people say it's a risky move, but when we'll get used to the game and master this ability after countless games, could it become OP?

I hope you're right.

@@GoldenboyFTW can you clear this up for us?

I know you "don't care about peoples personal experience" but honestly I've never died to a ground pound. It's honestly obvious when people are gonna go for it and its easy to evade. And I think the only times I've gotten kills with it are when I was going to get the kill anyway (the guy's oblivious, or weak). I'm gonna guess you haven't been able to play the beta yet? Because before I got to play I thought the same thing you did but now that I've played it I feel like either I die from trying to ground pound or I just use to it to embarrass bad player. 

Played a handful of games. enough to get my CSR rank. Thought it was fun. not a big fan of the control schemes. tried default and recon. just doesn't feel right either way to me.

You just answered my previous post, thanks. Will test by myself on 29/12.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am really enjoying these episodes of "The Sprint"

Latest one focused on Breakout and showed how 343 brought in Pro Players and used their feedback to substantially alter their original designs.

(Still think the game mode needs an objective)

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game is Funz, the only big issue for me is FLINCH that shit needs to go, The AR is strong but if you dont miss shots with a precision weapon you never lose to the AR player. I like that the AR takes down shields really fast, maybe we can create a meta of 2 AR and 2 BRs, like having real support players and carry players.

Latest one focused on Breakout and showed how 343 brought in Pro Players and used their feedback to substantially alter their original designs.

What pro players

What pro players

Flamesword, Ola, Strongside (Before he joined 343), and Walshy. Goldenboy was also there.

This may seem painfully stupid for some of you, but i have been hearing the term "AOE" quite a bit. Wondering if anyone is willing to fill me in on it.

I also like these episodes that show us how they work, which is pretty much the same system we use in the internet business, relative to iterative project management application.

What I dislike though is when Nicolas "Sparth" Bouvier says exactly : "I'm just requesting one thing, when we talk about remixes, think about the initial function of these levels, not only from the gameplay's standpoints, but also on the narrative standpoints."

I seriously have an issue with this. As I really agree that maps does need to have their own identities and cool background story telling that bring us into the Halo universe, the identity become a minor factor when you play several times on map. You may like one map because it has this human feeling, like The Pit with the training area, but you don't think about it when it come to you 50th game on this map. What matters in medium/long term is gameplay, immersive environment is a plus imo.

I'm daltonian at a small degree, this may influenced the fact that I fell in love with Halo as the maps were very clear, you could really discern players from environment but in Halo 4, I sometimes had issues to distinguish red players standing in the brown vegetation of Solace.

Edit : @@RandomacityHD Aera Of Effect

• Upvote (+1) 1

This may seem painfully stupid for some of you, but i have been hearing the term "AOE" quite a bit. Wondering if anyone is willing to fill me in on it.

Area of Effect

I.e. it has a radius, like explosives have an explosive radius.

Area of effect, splash damage...

think grenades and rockets, maybe that lame ass ground pound shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1