CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If I won that championship, I would walk up to 343 and be like "I'll pay you 2.5 million to remove sprint from all future Halo games."

Considering they made more from REQ Packs they probably wouldn't take the deal  :intensifies:

Considering they made more from REQ Packs they probably wouldn't take the deal :intensifies:

They'll just add sprint into the REQ

system :kappa:

If I won that championship, I would walk up to 343 and be like "I'll pay you 2.5 million to remove sprint from all future Halo games."

They retaliate with "Halo 6 teaser trailer: Master Chief gunned down by grunts because he couldn't run fast enough."

They retaliate with "Halo 6 teaser trailer: Master Chief gunned down by grunts because he couldn't run fast enough."

"But why didn't he die in 1-3?" "CAUSE FUCK LOGIC"
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm fairly certain there isn't a list of people who have recently joined. Since @@Moa didn't do the initial purge and bolster, he might have booted someone else wrongfully.

Well apperantly someone deleted my post so i will try to re-phrase it to be more neutral so it does not contribute to the whole Cooper vs TB drama,

Beeing an administrative mamber of a spartan comapany I can assure you that you can see the date each member joined..

I'm not pointing fingers, I'd just like to correct your wrong idea.

Did 343 chance something about search parameters for social? I seem to be getting a lot less TO5 since Assault launched, or is that just luck?

And since it has been removed as well: I like Torque but the lighting is a pain in the ass

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if they completely bailed on Rank Rewards for the February Season. I saw a stealth upvote from Josh on my post regarding rewards based on your Division but that probably won't come for a while.

Someone let me know if you receive an Emblem for February sometime this week

Did 343 chance something about search parameters for social? I seem to be getting a lot less TO5 since Assault launched, or is that just luck?

I like Torque but the lighting is a pain in the ass

Just luck.

And yeah Torque's rotational lighting is really disorienting. Cool looking but bad for gameplay.

It absolutely wasn't that. I left, joined Filthy Animals and then re-joined the Beyond one.

Beyond got Achillies last night and I think Filthy Animals will be getting it pretty shortly actually. They need about 150 ground vehicle kills.

I'm probably not even going to wear the armour, not until the full set has been achieved. It looks pretty eh on its own.

EDIT: Just saw @@Infinity's post - my final post on the whole thing. My bad.

ban him!

People tend to forget that exploiting poor systems isnt the players fault, its the games.Instead of getting rewarded for finishing games quicker by for example adding a REQ point bonus that reduces over time, REQ points are increased over time, as well as giving armour that almost explicitly rewards farming.

Ridiculous man. Farm as much as you can, its not your responsibility to make things fair.

I absolutely hate farming players. I think it's incredibly cheap and ruins the game for a lot of people to the point where they actually don't even want to search Warzone anymore. That being said, I agree with you 100% here. All I can do is sit there and say that I wouldn't farm from a moral standpoint. Morals aside, it makes no sense NOT to farm.. So as much as I dislike it, I don't blame the people at all for maximizing every moment of their game for commendations or REQ Points.

It comes down to poor design. There are tons of small fixes that can be done to make the experience better for those getting stomped.

I'll give an example of a poor mechanic in another older shooter I played.

During Reach and Halo 4 I played Monday Night Combat competitively. It suffers from it's own kind of farming.. throughout the game you earn money for kills, assists, multikills and especially kill streaks. At the same time you start to fill up this bar on the bottom called "juice" or "uber" in TF2. Upon activation, you instantly gain full health, and are able to take 4x the amount of damage while dealing 4x damage as well. This mechanic is supposed to be earned overtime through dealing damage, but you can also purchase a full "juice" meter in the middle of the map for $500.

If you still are following, a player can pick a class that is easy to deal damage with and has insane escape mechanics. They can play for stats, earn juice, and then earn an easy triple kill and get kill streaks that reward you with hundreds of dollars. At that point you go to the machine buy more juice, increase the streak higher, earn more money, buy more juice etc.. People were able to get 100+ kills in a single lobby.

I know for a fact that this mechanic drove a bunch of players away. I'd honestly argue thousands of players. Unforuntately the developers were not able to fix it on Xbox for many reasons but made the necessary updates to PC which stopped the juice chaining. I did everything in my power to make the game more enjoyable for others in numerous ways but it was never enough to offset the negative effects of this poor mechanic.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wonder if they completely bailed on Rank Rewards for the February Season. I saw a stealth upvote from Josh on my post regarding rewards based on your Division but that probably won't come for a while.

Someone let me know if you receive an Emblem for February sometime this week

Can I instead have a reward for enduring this dumb MMR system carrying over through seasons that hasn't let me find consistent games in FFA since day 2 of Halo 5? Something in the form of a patch to fix it would be nice.

So, I made the point yesterday to friends, but does anyone find it funny/pseudo-ironic that the Achilles armor set's leg armor doesn't cover the achilles?

On a side note, I think farming Warzone Assault is hanging on the edge of acceptability, purely because of how the gametype is designed. It simply was not designed for high level play. One spawn location for an attacking team is terrible and allows Defenders to spawn trap with no clear objective in sight.

Warzone has a kill limit and a core to destroy, but lacks incentive to kill the core, and contains incentive that promotes the killing objective.

Warzone Assault has a time limit with no objective or incentive for the Defenders other than to watch the Attacking spawn point and shoot.

It's why I find spawn killing in Warzone completely atrocious, but in Warzone Assault I can't really say much because that is literally the only way to play the mode at a high level.

So, I made the point yesterday to friends, but does anyone find it funny/pseudo-ironic that the Achilles armor set's leg armor doesn't cover the achilles?

No, not if you know the story behind how Achilles was defeated. The design of the armor is actually brilliant.

Achilles was held by his ankles and dipped in a magical river to make him invulnerable. So the only way he could be killed was by a poisonous arrow to the ankle which wasn't covered by the water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles'_heel

• Upvote (+1) 4

People tend to forget that exploiting poor systems isnt the players fault, its the games.Instead of getting rewarded for finishing games quicker by for example adding a REQ point bonus that reduces over time, REQ points are increased over time, as well as giving armour that almost explicitly rewards farming.

Ridiculous man. Farm as much as you can, its not your responsibility to make things fair.

What do REQ points matter to these farmers when they are all 130+ and have everything unlocked already?

Ironic, or appropriate?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, not if you know the story behind how Achilles was defeated.

I might've used the wrong term. I just find it humorous that the armor named after the warrior (presumably), doesn't cover the weak-spot that got him killed.

Ironic, or appropriate?

Rumor has it when you wear the full set, your headshot hitbox is moved to your feet.  Because 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 2