CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

At the end of the day, Achilles armor is still a pile of poo.

Let me know when you're all in the BIG BOY CLUB and get the helmet.  :lxthul:

4a91ed15db7222b24fb14e968d7d17cc.png

Someone mention farming? :kappa:

Fix your game gosh Tyler. :salt:

It's not my game anymore! I got "fired" and had to pop shots off on Team Beyond (oddly supporting 343) to vent my frustration, remember? :kappa:

Also, we talking about MCC or Halo 5?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck me, cant believe this is the sort of feeble shit that the companies have become. It's a couple fucking armour pieces, is managing the playerbase seriously that important? I'll admit that the whole system around unlocking this armour is complete bullshit; a reward for a group effort shouldnt be based on first-in, best-dressed.

But rotating players literally days, even hours before we get it makes zero sense. The people that want in deserve the right to get in the group, obviously, but they've contributed nothing, they don't have the chance to contribute anything. There's no point, just do the rotations afterwards when the first staged has been earned by whoever happened to be part of it. It's a shit system, but lets not make this such a huge deal that we have to rotate right before the goal is reached, or make it personal @@Infinity. This is the petty shit that pulls communities apart, accident or not. Fuck Achilles.

Or, maybe, Infinity and Moa aren't shitbags and were actually trying to build the community by helping active players and forum members who wanted the armor get in by dropping people would obviously wouldn't care.

A "grown man", to quote Cooper, would have handled this in PMs a long time ago. Definitely would have helped more than scorched earth.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not my game anymore! I got "fired" and had to pop shots off on Team Beyond (oddly supporting 343) to vent my frustration, remember? :kappa:

Also, we talking about MCC or Halo 5?

Hehehehhe :kappa:

I was just talking about how WZ is balanced when it comes to people spawn killing or farming. It's pretty frustrating sometimes

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh shit - what company is that?

Whiskey

Yeah you guys are close because you guys Warzone farm and spawn kill :lxthul:

KIDDING. I know YOU don't do that but still :kappa:

Sorry what's that? I don't speak in EXCUSES.

#WorldFirst

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hehehehhe :kappa:

I was just talking about how WZ is balanced when it comes to people spawn killing or farming. It's pretty frustrating sometimes

Yeah, I understand, just giving you a hard time. Honestly, it sucks and I'm sure 343 will do something in response to it but who knows what.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Torque is good pretty much only for Assault, although I haven't played Strongholds yet, but it seems interesting with the OS/Camo dynamic.

It's on the big side and has a bit too much cover that promotes Radar-camping, but the spawn system plays pretty nicely for Assault.

Wouldn't want to play CTF or Slayer on it though.

• Downvote (-1) 3

So yea that Torque map is awful.

Better then the other 'DLC' maps, so yeah, still awful

Yeah, I understand, just giving you a hard time. Honestly, it sucks and I'm sure 343 will do something in response to it but who knows what.

I know :)

I hope they do it very soon. Many people have said we should have a safe zone where we can retreat so we dont die 60 times. The enemy team will be forced to finish the game. You could still shoot some of your 343 friends a text and say "Hey, these GREAT people at TB have this great idea, maybe you could try it?" :kappa:

Yup. Farming.

Pro team spawn kills to capture a flag in 2.5 million dollar tournament, thousands of people cheer and applaud, but clan spawn kills in Warzone to be world first at a sick helmet, gets called farming, is threatened of bans and is frowned upon.

SMH double standards these days!! People can't even break a 8 sniper and 4 tank spawn trap? Is anyone even trying anymore?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know :)

I hope they do it very soon. Many people have said we should have a safe zone where we can retreat so we dont die 60 times. The enemy team will be forced to finish the game. You could still shoot some of your 343 friends a text and say "Hey, these GREAT people at TB have this great idea, maybe you could try it?" :kappa:

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think they already know. The issue with development is you don't want to slap a band aid on it. Whatever they do, it'll be tested, discussed, adjusted and tested some more. You don't want to implement a solution you want to try and find the best solution.

Pro team spawn kills to capture a flag in 2.5 million dollar tournament, thousands of people cheer and applaud, but clan spawn kills in Warzone to be world first at a sick helmet, gets called farming, is threatened of bans and is frowned upon.

I think those two situations are hardly comparable. Spawn killing to cap a flag COMPLETES the game and wins them money (which is hardly comparable to a helmet).

Spawn Killing in Warzone does not complete any objective other than extending the game in an artificial way.

Edit: I am completely oblivious to sarcasm... I think?

• Downvote (-1) 2

I think those two situations are hardly comparable. Spawn killing to cap a flag COMPLETES the game and wins them money (which is hardly comparable to a helmet).

Spawn Killing in Warzone does not complete any objective other than extending the game in an artificial way.

Edit: I am completely oblivious to sarcasm.

Pretty sure it was sarcasm.

wins them money (which is hardly comparable to a helmet).

Hey man, that's just like, your opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think they already know. The issue with development is you don't want to slap a band aid on it. Whatever they do, it'll be tested, discussed, adjusted and tested some more. You don't want to implement a solution you want to try and find the best solution.

Gotcha and I understand :flames:

SMH double standards these days!! People can't even break a 8 sniper and 4 tank spawn trap? Is anyone even trying anymore?

People tend to forget that exploiting poor systems isnt the players fault, its the games.Instead of getting rewarded for finishing games quicker by for example adding a REQ point bonus that reduces over time, REQ points are increased over time, as well as giving armour that almost explicitly rewards farming.

Ridiculous man. Farm as much as you can, its not your responsibility to make things fair.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's the price I had to pay to become so corrupt

Trust me, I know all too well. :ghost:

I  guess I just disagree about farming. Your same argument could be applied to host booting in a p2p environment... "The poor system allows us to exploit it, host boot as much as you can!" I'm not saying host booting and farming are the same, it's just your logic used to justify farming. I think the system poorly incentivizes it, but I also think players are actively making a decision to negatively effect the health of the game for a piece of armor. I only have an issue with it when the people doing it are the same ones complaining about health of the game/community/etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I won that championship, I would walk up to 343 and be like "I'll pay you 2.5 million to remove sprint from all future Halo games."

• Downvote (-1) 1