CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

nah man, we should only have content creators who like the game, all those who hate the game are not fit to judge it since they're so clearly and hopelessly biased. And mean. Did I mention stupid?

Well I mean all the good players love the game. If you have criticisms of the game you obviously don't know how to use thrust properly and need to get good. 

Well I mean all the good players love the game. If you have criticisms of the game you obviously don't know how to use thrust properly and need to get good.

im bad at clamber so that means I can't talk.

im bad at clamber so that means I can't talk.

It's amusing in my video (which I'll upload tomorrow) how you can see the stark difference between my aiming in the H5 segments and the H2 segment.

Torque is rough. Another map where it's a struggle to just kill someone by yourself. You can literally thrust behind cover or off an edge at any point on the map.

It's amusing in my video (which I'll upload tomorrow) how you can see the stark difference between my aiming in the H5 segments and the H2 segment.

I can tell you With absolute certainty that I would've not even realized it unless you said something.

fm2IIvP.jpg

Now Slap an extra slide with Warzone assault starting to be searched and you have another meme dfor Aus/NZ,

Seriously what the fuck. Why does WA still not work for Aus/NZ. I'm sure 343 are incapable of having WA search. All servers and have everything else search Aus/NZ?

8000 First Strikes for level 5 First Strikes in Spartan Company commendations.

343, are you high? At minimum we will need 8000 games to complete this.

Probably even more accountinf for the fact that they are missable.

8000 First Strikes for level 5 First Strikes in Spartan Company commendations.

343, are you high? At minimum we will need 8000 games to complete this.

Probably even more accountinf for the fact that they are missable.

8000 first strikes means 80 first strikes for each member of the company. I have 200 First strikes in 4 months. Considering not everybody gets the same amount of first strike I would at least approximate it to 2 months of work, probably a little more. It's not extremely bad, just a little tedious.

Sunday 6pm. Can't find a game in:

- Big Team (for months)

- Breakout (Onyx)

- FFA (after only 1 placement match)

- SWAT

Only thing left to do is Arena where I play the same 20 people everytime or Borezone.

Can't even do my placement matches anymore (something Vetoed complains about for months). At the same time I see people posting "we back" everywhere. I just don't get it honestly.

But population doesn't really matter right? Right?

Yeah thats what Waypoint hivemind says, so it must be right /s

Population is underrated in some games, and it tells alot when dev/publisher doesn't want to share population numbers, but instead says basic PR-crap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did some customs yesterday with the CE pistol as starting weapon, it was beautiful.

2v2 with strafe accel bumped up to either 110 or 120 is amazing.

Really hope the next time they bring a Doubles playlist out that it starts players with the Pistol. That alone would solve a lot of the problems that rockets, rails, and snipers were causing in 2v2 when it last showed up.

2v2 with strafe accel bumped up to either 110 or 120 is amazing.

Really hope the next time they bring a Doubles playlist out that it starts players with the Pistol. That alone would solve a lot of the problems that rockets, rails, and snipers were causing in 2v2 when it last showed up.

Agreed, this and the FFA playlist. If feel like 343 knows FFA is terrible in this game but they don't know how to fix it. So I would like to see them experiment with different starting weapons like the CE magnum or H2BR.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

See, that's different than "It's stupid to criticize any content made".

The sentiment still overwhelmingly applies. In a a content desert like the current Halo community, and with the rah-rah attitude toward Halo that some hold here, to criticize someone even bothering to get off their ass and make a video about Halo is just silly.

• Upvote (+1) 9

See, that's different than "It's stupid to criticize any content made".

The sentiment still overwhelmingly applies. In a a content desert like the current Halo community, and with the rah-rah attitude toward Halo that some hold here, to criticize someone even bothering to get off their ass and make a video about Halo is just silly.

there's obviously a right and wrong reason to critique content, we shit on stuff like halo follower and RUL all the time, but we don't shit on it because it exists, we shit on it because we think it's sub par content.

Sunday 6pm. Can't find a game in:

- Big Team (for months)

- Breakout (Onyx)

- FFA (after only 1 placement match)

- SWAT

Only thing left to do is Arena where I play the same 20 people everytime or Borezone.

Can't even do my placement matches anymore (something Vetoed complains about for months). At the same time I see people posting "we back" everywhere. I just don't get it honestly.

But population doesn't really matter right? Right?

This is because, assuming you are from the EU, matchmaking is now region locked to put you on the Irish Azure server which gives you much better pings and the game is actually for once playable. On west/east coast US servers this game was utter garbage to play with ridiculous pings (200ms+) that would not be acceptable on any other multiplayer game.

However the problem is that the EU Halo community is minuscule compared to H3 so in certain playlists and at certain times of the day its hard to find games/takes a long time. One of the biggest threads on HaloWaypoint have been asking for a region lock or selector for months - however unfortunately again I think the EU Halo population has shrunk quite considerably compared to H3. A site called TheHalo3ForumEU I used to lurk on during the H3 days has a different name and seems a ghost-town compared to what it used to be.

In saying this, apart from BTB, Breakout and SWAT I haven't had much trouble finding games myself as long as I don't try search after 2am or so, and personally i'd rather leave my Xbox waiting for 15 minutes to find me an EU match than be subjected to American host. Thinking about it I would rather stick needles in my eyes than play on an American server again.

#hyperboleboyz

On a side note, anyone have any good arguments as to why my outer deadzone should be at 0%? From what I remember when testing it, (3 sens, 5 accel btw) I felt like my aim was more responsive. 

EDIT: Servers are messed up again.