CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think the phrase "less is more" is banned at 343.

less redundant sandbox? Stupid idiot, more=more!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The more and more they evolve the Forerunner look, the less I like it.

In earlier Halo's it was just so Monolithic and ominous. Now they are trying to make it way to detailed and colorful.

But even that would be better than another UNSC map.

Can agree with you there.. I don't know, the Forerunner artstyle they went with since Halo 4 seems a bit cartoony in my opinion. Not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose. It's definitely not my cup of tea, however.

The artstyle in general has a World of Warcraft sort of look to it, in my opinion.

They are on a lot of maps. Fine, triple the number then. Still 1 kill/game. Gamebreaking.

Secondly, I can't find my gut feeling = fact stat, what should I use?

So if I average 1 rocket kill a game that means the rockets are not powerful? And since I average like 10 pistol a game it is supremely powerful?

Great logic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i think he was just referencing that people treat it like some issue that never happened

And in h5 each map has like 6 weapons max (I think). Splinters like 1-2 areas. If you are pushing a point of the map with storm rifle spawns or splinters, stop doing that.

"Learn to play" isn't a real argument. The fact you are telling someone to avoid pushing somewhere because storm rifles are broken should have given it away.

That aside, all the maps i just counted had more than 6 weapons on the map. Plaza has 8, Empire has 9, coliseum has 10 (lol). Might have missed some boltshots or misscounted, but the amount of clutter weapons on every map is insane.

• Upvote (+1) 5

"Learn to play" isn't a real argument.

It's literally the only argument he ever makes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cant find a game of FFA, whats going on...

No one plays it? I have 4 placement matches and my search will usually time out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if I average 1 rocket kill a game that means the rockets are not powerful? And since I average like 10 pistol a game it is supremely powerful?

Great logic.

Prattle on for pages about being OP because why not, then claim strawman logic to a counter argument, then claim numbers aren't good ones.  Provide no information other than your opinion that this is the truth- THEN compare to rockets, which are on even fewer maps, are in far less abundance/frequency, and I still have a higher kill/game than scatter nades (that supports my argument, not yours BTW).  

Yes, they are stronger nades- probably intended to be.  But not madly OP.

Also, 10 pistol kills a game - I have to see these stats.  I don't mind disagreeing, but don't call someone actually providing numbers bullshit, then double down by throwing out bullshit numbers.  It literally takes 30 seconds to check the numbers, which is probably half of what it takes you to write 1 of the many posts you wrote on this.

Enough? It's not social at all.

it's because the population isn't there, along with no party restrictions which is because of the population.

it's because the population isn't there, along with no party restrictions which is because of the population.

Looser skill restrictions is easier on population though.

Enough? It's not social at all.

I've played about 40-50 games of Social Assault and skill matchmaking is definitely looser in that playlist ... I'm Diamond 2-3 in Arena and have gotten matched against Champions and Silver/Gold players, lots of variance.  It's still not true social but definitely not as bad as ranked

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cant find a game of FFA, whats going on...

343 doesn't give it any love, so people have stopped playing it. I run into the same problem unless I play during prime time.

Prattle on for pages about being OP because why not, then claim strawman logic to a counter argument, then claim numbers aren't good ones. Provide no information other than your opinion that this is the truth- THEN compare to rockets, which are on even fewer maps, are in far less abundance/frequency, and I still have a higher kill/game than scatter nades (that supports my argument, not yours BTW).

Yes, they are stronger nades- probably intended to be. But not madly OP.

Also, 10 pistol kills a game - I have to see these stats. I don't mind disagreeing, but don't call someone actually providing numbers bullshit, then double down by throwing out bullshit numbers. It literally takes 30 seconds to check the numbers, which is probably half of what it takes you to write 1 of the many posts you wrote on this.

I was being sarcastic about the rockets to illustrate how silly your point was lol.

Your numbers are not bullshit. The Conclusions you're drawing from them are largely irrelevant though.

There is A LOT more that goes into the balance of a weapon besides kills per game.

Weapon balance is largely subjective. I feel the splinter nades are far too effective as a desperation weapon.

We already had them in Reach:kappa:

we had a space battle, I would've loved if the devs capitalized on it and made multiplayer modes like it, one team defends a station from the other, or. Do its I liar to battlefront where there's ship to ship combat, make it compatible with invasion, we could've had a REAL game changer for the halo franchise, instead of pandering to the Moba crowd.

we had a space battle, I would've loved if the devs capitalized on it and made multiplayer modes like it, one team defends a station from the other, or. Do its I liar to battlefront where there's ship to ship combat, make it compatible with invasion, we could've had a REAL game changer for the halo franchise, instead of pandering to the Moba crowd.

While I get the point, you most certainly had a stroke making it.

While I get the point, you most certainly had a stroke making it.

yeah I did. Keeping it for evidence.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've played about 40-50 games of Social Assault and skill matchmaking is definitely looser in that playlist ... I'm Diamond 2-3 in Arena and have gotten matched against Champions and Silver/Gold players, lots of variance. It's still not true social but definitely not as bad as ranked

That's been my experience as well. Assault has been fairly varied.
  • Upvote (+1) 2