CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Search 2 assault games solo, get placed in 2 games back to back with 3 mins left down 2-0. Rage quit for the first time in years. FUCK THIS

When was the last time you played it? They reduced the amount of XP it took to hit max rank quite some time ago. I remember because that was one of the last achievements I needed and I just logged on, played one game and it gave it to me.

Had to have been in the summer. I played in... July, or so. Then stopped, because our group sorta disbanded randomly. 

Whenever it happens I'll help you grind to general. I have some effective methods.

Would love to play. I'll need to get back into the swing of things, since I haven't played in like, six months, but I can work it well.

I'm curious what everyone's kill rates are with these "OP" abilities and guns.

I am averaging ~2 K/G w/ autos (AR+storm+SGM), 0.7 K/G w/ melee+charges+GP.

Maybe I'm on the low end.  Also can't find death rates, maybe they are much higher.  Not saying it's perfect, or that a map like Empire wouldn't be better with less SMG's and storms - but I admittedly don't understand why as much air is spent on the topic.

I'd 100% agree with him

I want to add that having all those human maps wouldn't even be that bad if they would use diferent styles of human architecture (concrete, bricks, etc)

and that thing he said about 10 minutes into the video about human architecture beeing "practical" was right for H1-3, 343's UNSC style does not look practical at all...

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://i.imgur.com/0WCka90.gifv

Holy fuck man, killzones exist for a reason. How hard is it for them to get this shit right? Put killzones were you dont want players to be. Its quite fucking simple yet there's exploits all over this game, like holy shit.

They should've made the maps closed rather than open as well. Not sure if ball coming in contact with killzone resets it or not.

http://i.imgur.com/0WCka90.gifv

Holy fuck man, killzones exist for a reason. How hard is it for them to get this shit right? Put killzones were you dont want players to be. Its quite fucking simple yet there's exploits all over this game, like holy shit.

Now watch 343 start banning players for exploiting something that shouldn't even exist in the first place. Like, c'mon. The map testers need a bit more common sense.

I just played CTF on Deadlock and one of my teammates quit, one was AFK for a while, and two were high (they were sure to let everyone know just how fuckin' high they were, man!). I got 74 kills and 10 assists with damage dealt going over 9000 and we barely tied 1-1. I tried getting another cap but the guy who was with me in their base was in a Ghost and he wouldn't get out of it to drive me...

Maybe he was one of the high ones.  :walshy:

Haha, I played against SurCampsAlot so many times in Halo 3. :P

Also watching some Halo 5 gameplay I saw something I have not yet payed attention to. When you hit someone with a rocket, an explosive, why does the body just fall to the ground like someone hit them in the back of the head?

Now watch 343 start banning players for exploiting something that shouldn't even exist in the first place. Like, c'mon. The map testers need a bit more common sense.

Well, at least you get that boost again for the gravity hammer unlike Halo 4.

Has anyone switched from Bumper Jumper Layout to the Helljumper layout?

I am hearing lots of people saying the LT to zoom is much more responsive and better all-round than RS, thoughts? 

Has anyone switched from Bumper Jumper Layout to the Helljumper layout?

I am hearing lots of people saying the LT to zoom is much more responsive and better all-round than RS, thoughts?

I hear it too but it just doesn't feel right to zoom with LT in Halo.

Can't do it :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Power Drain was cool imo.

Power drainer was splinter nades before there were splinter nades. You'D outplay a kid and then suddenly they'd chuck a blue ball of death at you out of nowhere. It was dumb.

Power drainer was splinter nades before there were splinter nades. You'D outplay a kid and then suddenly they'd chuck a blue ball of death at you out of nowhere. It was dumb.

While I'm definitively not a fan of equipment, I think it was much better than every gimmick that has been put into Halo after that simply because they were single time use+map pick-up,

I never understood the hatred for splinter nades in H5.

Let's take a look:

- Halo CE: You NEVER had an idea of what kind of weapon someone had in their back pocket.

- Halo 2: Now you have a sword that comes out super quickly with a MASSIVE lunge. Did I mention infinite uses?

- Halo 3: Okay cool, we can now see what weapons people have in their back pockets... DID I JUST GET STUCK AGAIN? (Equipment being even worse in the sense that you never knew what people had... HERE COMES THE BLUEBERRY BOYZ.)

Halo Reach: Bungo did an amazing job with flying spartans and invincible, projectile reflecting, Tim Tebow bros.

- Halo 4: Down some shots? It's okay, Boltshot time bby B)

- Halo 5: Splinters.

Literally every Halo game has had issues with presenting information regarding things people can trade with/counter being down shots.

Some of the changes would be so simple too:

- Whenever you have plasmas or splinters, there is a respective model and glow on your hips.

As someone that relyed largely on visual inputs at a competitive level for WoW arena, (Never played with sound) I would configure my UI to provide me with as much visual information as possible regarding my opponents.

This practice in shooters would give players that have a particular attention to detail a way to formulate their strategies to a specific encounter. One of the things that I really enjoy about H5 is how the shotgun and scattershot both have telltale visual cues that say, "Hey, I can fuck you up if you get close."

Having that in a shooter is paramount imo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Awesome.

Now all they have to do is add Oddball, KOTH, Infection, Assault. Add the REQ weapons to forge. Fix Theatre and spectator mode. Fix the aiming. Fix the balancing issues of the autos and the feel of the sniper. Fix the Warzone exploits, and the boss point system. Fix the matchmaking issues of some regions, and party matching. Fix the quitting problem. Fix the lighting problems. Make the lobby function like it should, and add the relevant post-game stats. And some other stuff probably.

Can't wait for that too.

What are we now, 1/3 way there? Maybe a 1/4?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never understood the hatred for splinter nades in H5.

Let's take a look:

- Halo CE: You NEVER had an idea of what kind of weapon someone had in their back pocket.

- Halo 2: Now you have a sword that comes out super quickly with a MASSIVE lunge. Did I mention infinite uses?

- Halo 3: Okay cool, we can now see what weapons people have in their back pockets... DID I JUST GET STUCK AGAIN? (Equipment being even worse in the sense that you never knew what people had... HERE COMES THE BLUEBERRY BOYZ.)

Halo Reach: Bungo did an amazing job with flying spartans and invincible, projectile reflecting, Tim Tebow bros.

- Halo 4: Down some shots? It's okay, Boltshot time bby B)

- Halo 5: Splinters.

Literally every Halo game has had issues with presenting information regarding things people can trade with/counter being down shots.

Some of the changes would be so simple too:

- Whenever you have plasmas or splinters, there is a respective model and glow on your hips.

As someone that relyed largely on visual inputs at a competitive level for WoW arena, (Never played with sound) I would configure my UI to provide me with as much visual information as possible regarding my opponents.

This practice in shooters would give players that have a particular attention to detail a way to formulate their strategies to a specific encounter. One of the things that I really enjoy about H5 is how the shotgun and scattershot both have telltale visual cues that say, "Hey, I can fuck you up if you get close."

Having that in a shooter is paramount imo.

So mentioning negative aspects of other games somehow makes splinter nades less shitty? They are energy drains on steroids. It's a proximity based explosive that 1hk and it stays on the map for like 10 seconds. It's terrible. And as far as CE went how do you not know what weapon someone has? There are only like 5 weapons in the game lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2