CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How do you melee back after they hit you? I always get knocked back 20 feet.

Most of the time if you react to it I literally just melee them right after they knock me back, and the melee lunge sends me right back to them. I notice people counter-lunge me too a lot of the time. In that situation the SC'er has to wait a longer time before melee'ing again so getting the counter-lunge pretty much wins you the battle. Just practice the timing of it in a custom and you'll get the rhythm for it. 

Alternatively you can thrust forward right as it hits you, jump, and you'll be sent behind them and they freak out. If you practice that so you don't get disoriented yourself, it gives you a major advantage.

Still though, the original "counter" I gave in my first post (shooting then melee) is still better in most situations. There's lots you can do, its mainly just about not freaking out and getting lost when you get blindsided by it.

This game is growing on me the more I play it. I would play it all the time if there were proper social.

Its my biggest complaint about H5. I hate having to try hard every game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Recent surge, FOR ME, is due to two major reasons:

1) Servers are going bad for me the past week, spartan charge is ridiculous. It feels like the range is Prophet's Bane levels. Even when I'm not lagging, theres FAR too much aim assist. The aim assist needs to go and the AoE needs to be reduced drastically except for direct hits.

2) Grifball is pretty much ruined because of it. Especially when lagging a lot. Ex. Spawn, sprint, spartan charge, trade w/ other guy who spartan charges, rinse, repeat. 

Spawn, sprint, spartan charge, trade w/ other guy who spartan charges, rinse, repeat.

Not to sound condescending, but you do realize, especially in Grifball, you just thrust backwards when someone is charging right at you, right?

If you're sprinting into people or letting them get into melee range with those weapons then you're either going to trade/sword clash or get killed either way.

Again, you let them get sort of close, then thrust back, they SC and miss, and you kill them.

...or you can break their ankles Ace-style:

Step 1: Have sword out, zoom in on them,

Step 2: Get to lunge range, which is further than their hammer range

Step 3: Keep getting closer backing up to make them swing, then immediately lunge at them with your longer lunge before they are able to swing again. Done.

You HAVE to wait for them to swing rather than just go right in for the long lunge, otherwise the hammer will beat you every time.

Its hilarious, effective, and every successful attempt automatically donates $5 to Ace's ankle surgery fund.

I just noticed how much people hated equipment in halo 3 and was just wondering why? The only one I would consider really bad was the regenerator, that was awful because it heavily discouraged mobility and got abused to hell.

The bubble shield was okay, it was just too effective on certain maps.

The reason I think they were mostly fine is because of how fun they were. Things like the grav lift and power drain were just pure shenanigans, so many of those funny videos and countdowns back in the day involved equipment.

Obviously it has no place in ranked, but I would consider that stuff a positive inclusion. In campaign equipment was sick, I really miss equipment in campaign.

Not to sound condescending, but you do realize, especially in Grifball, you just thrust backwards when someone is charging right at you, right?

If you're sprinting into people or letting them get into melee range with those weapons then you're either going to trade/sword clash or get killed either way.

Again, you let them get sort of close, then thrust back, they SC and miss, and you kill them.

...or you can break their ankles Ace-style:

Step 1: Have sword out, zoom in on them,

Step 2: Get to lunge range, which is further than their hammer range

Step 3: Keep getting closer backing up to make them swing, then immediately lunge at them with your longer lunge before they are able to swing again. Done.

You HAVE to wait for them to swing rather than just go right in for the long lunge, otherwise the hammer will beat you every time.

Its hilarious, effective, and every successful attempt automatically donates $5 to Ace's ankle fund.

I appreciate the response, but I don't mean that's all I do, I meant that because of the lag, I can get a jump on someone, and I still trade w/ charge because it's a horrible mechanic when the servers are lagging.

I can never properly calculate the distance w/ it when people are skipping around or the latency goes above 100 (which for me, is 99% of the time).

Obviously there's fancier plays and tactics involved, but it's not so easy to just "thrust backwards" when you die 9/10 anyways because its either never consistent or it lags. Regardless, it's a trade fest, even if you spartan charge way before they do. They travel a fucking 100 yards sometimes with that thing. 

I just noticed how much people hated equipment in halo 3 and was just wondering why? The only one I would consider really bad was the regenerator, that was awful because it heavily discouraged mobility and got abused to hell.

The reason I think they were mostly fine is because of how fun they were. Things like the grav lift and power drain were just pure shenanigans, so many of those funny videos and countdowns back in the day involved equipment.

Obviously it has no place in ranked, but I would consider that stuff a positive inclusion. In campaign equipment was sick, I really miss equipment in campaign.

Bubble shield was armor lock-lite.

At the same time in social they were fun to use and had purpose. Man cannoning out of the base on Valhalla and disabling a banshee while your teammates fucked it up was dope

You'll be the next YOU STOLE MY CLOUDSONG.

who was the guy who made a scene about that gif or image? The guy blamed beyond or something like that because he wasn't credited.

They all slow down the game was my biggest gripe with them. I enjoyed the air lift for verticality. Bubble and regen slowed down gameplay. Solar flare was just.... lol. Regen has a saving grace though, if it and shield drain were treated as more of a power weapon I'd like them more. It seems they were just randomly placed in some maps and maps like The Pit shouldn't have more than one regen.

Get all the way up to plat 6 in team arena with multiple wins on it, then proceed to lose 4 games in a row due to me lagging out or my friends lagging out, got banned. Now a plat 4. what the fuck 343. 

Lets do hardcore anal and have a threesome with @

i mean, wort

I'll bring the lube.

Uh, I mean...wort.

I think I'm quitting Halo 5 and will be moving to Halo Wars. Gotta get ready for dat sequel.