CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Took me awhile to find this but I hope we still see something like this. Potentially in the "Memories of Reach" update in a couple of months? Three 4 man squads on both team? For Blue we could Lapis, Azure, and Celeste. For Red we can have Brick, Vermilion, and Salmon. Some "spawning on your bro" action as well.

Could be one of the few ways to help improve Warzone. @@Sal1ent

This would make Warzone so much more tactical than it is now. I would love this feature.

yeah but in a gametype where you spawn with the ce pistol that doesn't seem all that impressive.

I'm talking the normal game you fucking scrub

Took me awhile to find this but I hope we still see something like this. Potentially in the "Memories of Reach" update in a couple of months? Three 4 man squads on both team? For Blue we could Lapis, Azure, and Celeste. For Red we can have Brick, Vermilion, and Salmon. Some "spawning on your bro" action as well.

Could be one of the few ways to help improve Warzone. @@Sal1ent

Uh, what?

I'm talking the normal game you fucking scrub

WELL I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GAMETYPE IN THE VIDEO YOU DOUCHE NOZZLE!

WELL I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GAMETYPE IN THE VIDEO YOU DOUCHE NOZZLE!

Fuck you

Im hacking your runescape account as we speak

Fuck you

you wouldn't dare...

Fuck you

15ce6a09b9dd3468ebd216e7ae951ee9.gif

I really dont like the amount of precision weapons we have in this. Do we really need a BR, DMR, Carbine and Light Rifle when theres a Pistol.

WoW is much better anyhow.

As someone that raids in a top 50 world guild. No. Lol. I never expected to see these posts in the H5 thread though.

I really dont like the amount of precision weapons we have in this. Do we really need a BR, DMR, Carbine and Light Rifle when theres a Pistol.

The casuals think more weapons create a larger skill gap somehow.

As someone that raids in a top 50 world guild. No. Lol. I never expected to see these posts in the H5 thread though.

I was just trying to start shit lol. Although I do generally enjoy WoW its definitely not the best. But. I dislike runescape and since my computer can only play WoW I am stuck

The casuals think more weapons create a larger skill gap somehow.

I think they probably care more about variety lol. Either way im fed up with the inconsistencies in the gunfights.

I just want a simple sandbox.

I honestly don't fully understand the recent surge in Spartan Charge complaints. Hear me out boys.

It seems I'm almost never killed by it in games anymore. When someone Spartan Charges you, you have to build that habit of just spraying the pistol/AR or anything else into them once you are being hit with it, and by the time they can come out of the animation, get their bearings, line up the melee and execute it, you've ready gotten in your death blow.

A lot of people's first instinct is to melee back, but that guarantees you'll either trade or just lose the fight. Its not different than in past Halo's where if the other guy gets first melee, you should go for the shots + beatdown rather than the 2x beatdown, because he will get the second hit off first or you'll just trade. You'll beat them 9/10, especially if you form the habit of thrusting sideways or jumping over them (or both) while they are recovering from the charge.

Obviously this isn't fool proof - there are times where you'll just not expect it from the side, but in those situations you gotta wonder if you were gunna be dead anyways. If there was no Spartan Charge you'd literally just get double-melee'd like in Reach/H4 which took way less time and wasn't counter-able (there wasn't bleedthrough in Reach).

I can't speak for others or sound ignorant and say "if you're getting killed by it, you just suck." Believe me - I've gotten destroyed by it a few times. The thing you have to remember is that getting hit with the Spartan Charge is really no worse than if they were to just double-melee you (which was faster anyways). The SC is still a nerf because they only get one chance to hit it, and they are dead if they miss. That wasn't the case with normal sprinting melee's. 

Like I said before it can be frustrating getting hit with such a violent/obnoxious animation, but you have to think after it happened - would he have killed me anyway from that angle with a melee/shot/nadeshot, etc.? The animation honestly makes it feel a lot more OP than it really is. In my experience I see way more chokes caused by it (that end up saving me and leave me laughing) than "unfair kills". A lot of the time when get SC'ed,  and I accidentally melee back, I get the counter-lunge anyways even while being knocked back. Its not like it knocks you back so you can't melee them back immediately. In those situations you're basically in a 50/50 like any other Hlo where you either have to double melee or jump back and try out shoot him. The thrust itself seems to be about the same as a normal melee lunge would be anyways.

So really, you're left with an ability that makes it harder to aim up the sprinting melee, it has a detrimental "recovery" time, disorients the user, is easy to predict (you can hear his thrusters while hes sprinting), and you have a radar to boot. Overall its still a nerf and much better design IMO than the way it used to be.

I'm not pretending to have this "secret solution" to counter it, but if you do focus on shooting then meleeing in that order, you'll see what I mean.

That said, I wish they kept it as it was in Beta because it was almost a skill-based move then. Now, its easier but it has no more aim assist than a normal melee (I feel both are equally too high to begin with). At the end of the day it still feels like a "more fun" way to kill a guy hiding and abusing radar in some corner. Nothin beats the feeling of seeing a guy sprint away form a battle and hide in a corner with a Storm Rifle out, only to be completely smashed across the map when I come around the corner to finish him off. Cmon' bros. You know that feel.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not gonna lie I really enjoy using SC and GP, but theyre annoying to get killed by and I dont think theyre a good idea for a competitive game. If I had the choice I'd choose to get rid of them.

I hate clamber and sprint though.

snip

Recent surge, FOR ME, is due to two major reasons:

1) Servers are going bad for me the past week, spartan charge is ridiculous. It feels like the range is Prophet's Bane levels. Even when I'm not lagging, theres FAR too much aim assist. The aim assist needs to go and the AoE needs to be reduced drastically except for direct hits.

2) Grifball is pretty much ruined because of it. Especially when lagging a lot. Ex. Spawn, sprint, spartan charge, trade w/ other guy who spartan charges, rinse, repeat. 

The problem with charge was never seeing someone coming at you from 200 feet away and not being able to kill them in time. The problem is that it's a preferred tactic to just sprint all over the place and use a technique with a HYUUUUGE amount of aim assist to kill people who aren't even looking. 

• Upvote (+1) 8