CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No,instead they added hitscan to the Railgun and Gauss cannon. Makes sense.

I'm gonna be honest here, I had no idea the Railgun was projectile before, and I have gotten long-distance kills with it under the assumption that it was hitscan the whole time. I have never had to lead it before.

Could you elaborate on why?

You got me there. I'm just going by observations at this point, not actual experience. I didn't even last a month playing Halo 5, so I guess my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, no pun intended.

Subjectively, I find it to be a pointless gimmick that doesn't add anything useful to Halo whatsoever, similar to how I viewed (and still view) smart-link. I'd rate wall-running the same if they added it in or thought about adding it in, as I find the mechanic to be the same, a useless gimmick. I only bring wall-running up because it seems to be quite a topic on Waypoint at times.

And other than that, like sprint, it just promotes running from battles. I find it weird how some people, not you or Jawshe necessarily, don't like sprint yet think slide is acceptable as well. The thought alone baffles me.

Objectively, as I said, I can't say as I don't really know. I suppose from an objective point of view it would be neither negative or positive for the most part.

I'm personally just not a fan of slide, to sum it up.

How is slide anything like sprint? Sprint negatively impacts the game on so many levels. I can't think of a single negative slide brings to the table. It has no negatives and can sometimes be used in cool ways.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My guess is slide is dependant on sprinting and therefor just as bad.

It doesn't have to be though. You could easily add slide into a no sprint halo game.

Exactly it either results in a kill or one the most ******** encounters I have ever experienced in a fps, how can a group of devs sit down to try and implement sprint in a balanced way and come away with this garbage mechanic.

It needs to go. No questions asked.

I'm gonna be honest here, I had no idea the Railgun was projectile before, and I have gotten long-distance kills with it under the assumption that it was hitscan the whole time. I have never had to lead it before.

Yeah, the speed of the projectile makes little difference, but that just furthers the fact that it didn't need to be "fixed".

Exactly it either results in a kill or one the most ******** encounters I have ever experienced in a fps, how can a group of devs sit down to try and implement sprint in a balanced way and come away with this garbage mechanic.

Wasn't Spartan Charge originally supposed to be a mechanic that DISCOURAGED sprinting around and punching people, because you didn't have a lunge and were extremely vulnerable afterwards? If that WAS ever the case, they clearly fucked it up when they decided to give that thing so much homing, it made the Needler jealous, and an extremely short recovery time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wasn't Spartan Charge originally supposed to be a mechanic that DISCOURAGED sprinting around and punching people, because you didn't have a lunge and were extremely vulnerable afterwards? If that WAS ever the case, they clearly fucked it up when they decided to give that thing so much homing, it made the Needler jealous, and an extremely short recovery time.

Spartan charge was fine in the beta. It didn't have the stupidly high aim assist and you were incredibly vulnerable afterwards.

EDIT: When I say fine, I meant it worked as intended for its original goal. Right now it's just an easier double melee that was so prominent in Halo: Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wanted to give this out before I start chores.

Some friends and I started playing CE Magnum doubles with the strafe acceleration bumped up to alleviate the bullet magnetism, and it's the best thing ever. No joke, it plays fantastic and makes the Spartan Abilities less of a necessity and more of an option. You can download the gametypes I created and play them on the default maps, or jump one step and play some awesome Forge maps for 2v2 and 4v4. I can guarantee you will have a blast.

My GT is "The S0UL FLAME." The "O" is a zero.

Here's some clips I recorded of stuff that's possible with these settings.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208793

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208826

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208848

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208872

• Upvote (+1) 5

So are we gonna keep adding ganetypes to Arena ? . What is the count up to ?. Can we just clean it and keep only the best 11?.

Spartan charge was fine in the beta. It didn't have the stupidly high aim assist and you were incredibly vulnerable afterwards.

EDIT: When I say fine, I meant it worked as intended for its original goal. Right now it's just an easier double melee that was so prominent in Halo: Reach.

Ideally it should be removed from the game, but if it were to remain it should be back to the Beta form.

Wanted to give this out before I start chores.

Some friends and I started playing CE Magnum doubles with the strafe acceleration bumped up to alleviate the bullet magnetism, and it's the best thing ever. No joke, it plays fantastic and makes the Spartan Abilities less of a necessity and more of an option. You can download the gametypes I created and play them on the default maps, or jump one step and play some awesome Forge maps for 2v2 and 4v4. I can guarantee you will have a blast.

My GT is "The S0UL FLAME." The "O" is a zero.

Here's some clips I recorded of stuff that's possible with these settings.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208793

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208826

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208848

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The%20S0UL%20FLAME/video/15208872

That last map looks amazing.

Pokemon griffball map that changes terrain as you play!

That's so awesome. Though I wonder if the Pokemon theme would make it legally tricky for 343 to add it to matchmaking.

Holy shit I forgot to mention how awful Spartan Charge is. I don't have much of a problem with the other abilities but can we not enable the kids who go for the sprint and beatdown all game?

Worst Halo mechanic since....ever?

• Upvote (+1) 6

It doesn't have to be though. You could easily add slide into a no sprint halo game.

I agree, basically any spartan ablity could be in this game without sprint. Sprint serves no purpose. (especially in arena)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Inside the mind of S0UL FLAME:

"Cool, a carbine! ... ...Wait a minute, I have the CE pistol."

why even have a carbine to begin with?

why even have a carbine to begin with?

Because the carbine is a fucking beast and if it gets the first shot from mid-long range good luck trying to scope back in and kill them

Because the carbine is a fucking beast and if it gets the first shot from mid-long range good luck trying to scope back in and kill them

yeah but in a gametype where you spawn with the ce pistol that doesn't seem all that impressive.

Took me awhile to find this but I hope we still see something like this. Potentially in the "Memories of Reach" update in a couple of months? Three 4 man squads on both team? For Blue we could Lapis, Azure, and Celeste. For Red we can have Brick, Vermilion, and Salmon. Some "spawning on your bro" action as well.

Could be one of the few ways to help improve Warzone. @@Sal1ent

@@Sal1ent

I know it might be a bit late to add in but it would be cool if Warzone brought back the "spawning on your bro" feature from Halo Reach's Invasion but instead of 2 man squads, maybe four 3 man squads on both teams?

An even cooler thing that can be done is the potential of making each squad a shade of the team color they are on like Invasion had during the Reach beta:

e4d2eaae8e048ec8aa0b2618c5f9d0cf.png

Red can be, basing it off the colors in the Master Chief Collection, Maroon, Brick, Rose, and maybe Rust. Blue can be Blue, Cobalt, Ice, and maybe one of the greenish blues. The player models don't even need to be a different color but maybe some indication on the leaderboard labeling each squad like Brick Squad, Cobalt Squad, etc?

Another thing that can be added is a list of your squadmates like in Battlefield and the Halo Reach campaign:

6f8e6587955c5c4139fa61e3ec9cf6e7.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Team Beyond Company!

Assassination commedation is now finished.

All we need now are ground vehicle kills, promethean kills, and spartan charges.

• Upvote (+1) 5