CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's sounds exactly like I imagine anything in H5, hectic and random.

Profile picture checks out

Best Star Wars show NA

My personal opinions:

HCE

Rebounding health- 5

Hot key nades- 10

Two weapon limit- 10

H2

Dual weilding- 50

H3

Equipment- 50

Reach

Bloom- 50 (I know I'll get flack for this, but it's okay)

Jetpack- 90

Armour lock- 100

Sprint- 100

H4

Loudouts- 100

Flinch- 100

Ordiance- 100

Sprint- 90

H5

Ground pound- 75

Slide- 85

Thruster- 70

Sprint- 100

Stabaliser- 50

Clamber- 85

You're going to put bloom at 50 but slide at 85? I'm very interested in reading how this is justified.

We still don't have:

- party details

- file share (file browser, most voted pic, etc)

- medals in carnage report

- challenges (daily, weekly, etc)

- no developer big team battle map

- oddball

- firefight/spartan ops

- doubles playlist/Sniper playlist ( hey but we have shitty breakout)

- proper way to save clips and films.

And so many small issuess.

The only reason Warzone is played so much it because it gives a disproportionate amount of Req and Exp.

AND 343 is hosting the biggest tournaments Halo has ever seen and we don't even have a proper playlist people can play to practice for.

You're going to put bloom at 50 but slide at 85? I'm very interested in reading how this is justified.

Don't ask. :P

I'm neutral when it comes to bloom, personally. I don't think slide belongs in Halo and without sprint there would be no slide in the first place, despite the rating I gave it. I don't think it 100% makes the game negative, but there are more negative aspects to it than positive.

This is all subjective though. I know objectively that Halo is better without bloom, though. As for slide, I can't really say.

My arena rotation tonight:

empire assault
torque strongholds
overgrowth strongholds
colli assault
riptide
riptide
torque flag

Does this bother you guys like it bothers me? I miss when Arena was mostly a representation of HCS settings rather than a showcase of the content updates. It's just so wacky now. And 70% of the new gametypes suck.

Agreeed. I think the problem is that the maps suck. Torque is okay but I'm still trying to get the best routes down. Overgrowth has way too many walls. Riptides better now that the fuel rod's gone I guess. The weighting should stay the same regardless of new maps IMO.

I do think they desperately need a separate playlist with ONLY HWC ganmetypes, as that's what I thought they intended originally. I'd grind all day if that were the case.

Another thing that really bothers me about the recent Halo games (4 & 5), and I don't know if anyone else noticed, is ALL THE LITTLE BUMPS AND LEDGES IN THE FUCKING GEOMETRY. Examples include the catwalk top mid on fathom, a few areas on Riptide, etc. I don't understand why they put them there, other than to piss me off when I'm trying to get away and I get stuck on the ledge and die. Or my nade hits it.

With playing Halo 5 for a short time and observing how the updates have been released and what they are, it seems like (at least on 343's side of things) that they're too afraid to put in something that they're afraid either won't be liked or won't be appreciated, so they rely on consumers to tell them what they want so they can patch it in later rather than sooner... as if the development of each Halo is to be some sort of bastardized open source project.

I'd argue we have exactly the opposite of that.

With playing Halo 5 for a short time

Ah, so thats why you've got everything bass ackwards.

Ya what's so bad about slide.

Don't ask. :P

I'm neutral when it comes to bloom, personally. I don't think slide belongs in Halo and without sprint there would be no slide in the first place, despite the rating I gave it. I don't think it 100% makes the game negative, but there are more negative aspects to it than positive.

This is all subjective though. I know objectively that Halo is better without bloom, though. As for slide, I can't really say.

What negatives does slide bring to the game?

I'd argue we have exactly the opposite of that.

Could you elaborate on why?

Ah, so thats why you've got everything bass ackwards.

You got me there. I'm just going by observations at this point, not actual experience. I didn't even last a month playing Halo 5, so I guess my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, no pun intended.

What negatives does slide bring to the game?

Subjectively, I find it to be a pointless gimmick that doesn't add anything useful to Halo whatsoever, similar to how I viewed (and still view) smart-link. I'd rate wall-running the same if they added it in or thought about adding it in, as I find the mechanic to be the same, a useless gimmick. I only bring wall-running up because it seems to be quite a topic on Waypoint at times.

And other than that, like sprint, it just promotes running from battles. I find it weird how some people, not you or Jawshe necessarily, don't like sprint yet think slide is acceptable as well. The thought alone baffles me.

Objectively, as I said, I can't say as I don't really know. I suppose from an objective point of view it would be neither negative or positive for the most part.

I'm personally just not a fan of slide, to sum it up.

Dang Bro when's the montage coming out?

Never. Recently sold my capture card because I'm strapped for cash.  :lxthul:

If you guys had to put halo mechanics on a scale from 1-100. With 1 being a mechanic that is so good that it's inclusion alone can effect the franchise 's overall quality and popularity in a massively positive way. 50 being a mechanic that has no net positive or negative impact. 100 being a mechanic that is so bad that it's inclusion alone can effect the franchise's overall quality and popularity in a massively negative way.

Interesting experiment, I'd say:

H1

Shield recharge - 10

Two weapon limit - 10

H2

Dual wielding - 60

H3 

Equipment - 70

Reach

Bloom - 80

Armor Lock - 100

Jetpack - 70

Sprint - 60

H4

Ordnance - 70 (it's fine in non-competitive settings...)

Loadouts - 70

Lack of descope - 80

Sprint - 70

H5

Ground Pound - 30

Slide - 30

Thruster - 50 (can be used offensively ...)

Sprint - 60

Clamber - 60

Auto-Stabilize - 40

Spartan Charge - 80

I'm definitely neutral about the additions to H5 ... very different but not in a detrimental way, imo.  Watching NA Regionals gameplay verified my opinion that competitive settings in H5, while not ideal, are not bad at all 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys had to put halo mechanics on a scale from 1-100. With 1 being a mechanic that is so good that it's inclusion alone can effect the franchise 's overall quality and popularity in a massively positive way. 50 being a mechanic that has no net positive or negative impact. 100 being a mechanic that is so bad that it's inclusion alone can effect the franchise's overall quality and popularity in a massively negative way.

HCE

Health packs - 80

Invincible vehicles - 65

H2

Dual wielding - 70

H3

Equipment - 85

Reach

Bloom - 90

Jetpack - 100

Armour lock - 65

Sprint - 85

H4

Loudouts - 80

Flinch - 75

Ordiance - 100

Sprint - 85

Unlockable abilities - 95

H5

Ground pound - 20

Slide - 25

Thruster - 50

Sprint - 50

Stabaliser-50

Clamber - 50

Shoulder Charge - 85

I'm definitely going to catch flak for remaining neutral on a lot of things in H5. Personally I feel the negative effects of sprint and other abilities are somewhat neutralized when the maps were designed to accommodate them. Which was not the case in previous iterations of the franchise that had these features.

No flack intended, but why is sprint a 50 while slide is 25? I'm honestly curious. I'm also curious to how slide would be implemented if sprint didn't exist.

The assumption I don't like slide because it's tied to sprint isn't correct, by the way. :P

No flack intended, but why is sprint a 50 while slide is 25? I'm honestly curious. I'm also curious to how slide would be implemented if sprint didn't exist.

The assumption I don't like slide because it's tied to sprint isn't correct, by the way. :P

I feel sprint doesn't really bring anything new to the table this time around, it's something we've seen several times before and really hasn't changed. They just changed the map designs around it. So I don't see it as good or bad.

Slide however is new, and an ability I quit enjoy. It has plenty of utility, both offensive and defensive, as well as jusy for mobility purposes.

Being able to run at a faster movement speed for an extended or an unlimited amount of time is in no way comparable to a short slide that changes the shape of your hitbox. You'd be better off comparing slide to a super super underpowered thrust than you would sprint.

Never. Recently sold my capture card because I'm strapped for cash. :lxthul:

Should take mine, been sitting in my draw for almost a year.

Lol Most of yall are forgetting Spartan Charge in these ratings. Which, in my opinion, is literal cancer. If I could rate it higher than a 100, I would.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol Most of yall are forgetting Spartan Charge in these ratings. Which, in my opinion, is literal cancer. If I could rate it higher than a 100, I would.

You're not alone, believe me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're not alone, believe me.

Gameplay wise, this and the OP Autos are the only glaring issues that I have with this game.

It really is just a testament to how incompetent 343 actually are

Gameplay wise, this and the OP Autos are the only glaring issues that I have with this game.

They haven't fixed/balanced the autos yet? Yikes. That was also quite a major gripe of mine.

It really is just a testament to how incompetent 343 actually are.

Armor Lock was a really bad for Halo, but that rarely merited a kill. If the players were dumb enough you could EMP them and pop off a melee. But freaking Spartan Charge warrants a kill every time. It's incredibly frustrating.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

They haven't fixed/balanced the autos yet? Yikes.

No, instead they added hitscan to the Railgun and Gauss cannon. Makes sense.

Armor Lock was a really bad for Halo, but that rarely merited a kill. If the players were dumb enough you could EMP them and pop off a melee. But freaking Spartan Charge warrants a kill every time. It's incredibly frustrating.

Exactly it either results in a kill or one the most ******** encounters I have ever experienced in a fps, how can a group of devs sit down to try and implement sprint in a balanced way and come away with this garbage mechanic.