CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I looked into this a little bit. I've created content for Halo 1 in the past and have dabbled with content creation in the other titles, but I just wanted to be certain I'm not talking out of my ass.

Everything fired from a weapon is technically a projectile, they all use the same system. Hitscan has been achieved in various ways, be it an extremely high travel velocity so the bullet hits anywhere within the first frame of being shot, or literally a checkbox labeled "Travels Instantaneously." I was unaware of the latter, to be honest. Halo 2 seems to be the only title that uses this checkbox, every other title with hitscan projectiles uses buffed velocity. "Nothing is created" isn't the case, because damage, aoe, tracers, everything is tied to the projectile. It goes: Weapon > Projectile > Damage.

----------

If you have the game's map files files and some modding tools, you can pretty clearly see what's happening.

Here are Halo Reach's projectiles:

5bab6fdd5f.png

Notice how the all of the hitscan human bullets are lumped in with things like the spike rifle shard, the rocket, etc? That's because they're all use the same system.

---------

Let me give you a few examples of hitscan vs. not hitscan. These are some the bullets fired in the games.

Halo 1's pistol bullet from the PC editing kit

1299ab5624.png

Halo 2's BR bullet from the PC editing kit (400 world units per second velocity, travels instantaneously is checked)

f18a5c8fb7.png

Halo 3's sniper bullet via modding tools

0cd5c33613.png

Reach's DMR bullet (beefed velocity, instantaneous travel unchecked)

38333a5e32.png

Halo 4's mangum bullet (beefed velocity, instantaneous travel unchecked)

765cf88b27.png

ElDewrito's sniper bullet (beefed velocity, instantaneous travel unchecked)

3f53017300.png

So yes, they all use the same system

I could easily make Halo 1 hitscan by changing the velocity to 3000 for instance. But I won't because I'm not looking to get fucking executed

So...it would be very easy for 343 to make the h5 hce pistol projectile since all they would have to do is slow down the speed of the projectile?

So, If i quit 1 match, and then play another, no matter what i do, I get banned after that match ends. Even if there is a gap between games.

Yep. I took a week hiatus so my ban would calm down (3 hours). I hop on and quit a game and my new ban was 6 hours. I left it alone for the rest of the day and quit once the next day and ended up with a 9 hour ban. So I played a couple rounds of Warzone and got off my xbox. Hop back on a few hours later and my ban increased itself to 24 hours. I tried to talk to Uny and Brav about it but neither would respond to me.

It seems the game tracks the games you quit not how often you're quitting in a 24 hour sense, just when you are playing. I'll usually quit a game a day to join up with friends or play a different game with friends. Looks like I'm going to have to finish games before doing that.

one idea (and this is crazy) to avoid this problem is to not quit games very frequently

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

26 Assassinations

771 Promethean Kills

440 Spartan Charges

1,434 Vehicle kills

Time to spend my day farming

Good job to the beyond squad for putting in some work last night. We should do it again.

There are so many grenades on these maps it's insane.

I also keep switching between 3 sens 4 accel and 4 sens 2 accel and I can't fucking decide which is better. 3 gives me godly accuracy but fighting through the aim assist in close/medium range is tough. 4 is the opposite. I hate this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

my buddy is gunna be getting Halo 5, but the thing is he has a data cap with his internet. Does anyone know how many gigs it will be to update the game for him?

Good job to the beyond squad for putting in some work last night. We should do it again.

Got 15 Spartan Charges last night. Plan to do a lot more tonight boys.  ;)

my buddy is gunna be getting Halo 5, but the thing is he has a data cap with his internet. Does anyone know how many gigs it will be to update the game for him?

4.6 GB

26 Assassinations

771 Promethean Kills

440 Spartan Charges

1,434 Vehicle kills

Time to spend my day farming

Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to spartan charge I go.

• Upvote (+1) 4

hows that? we have had few updates that have been a couple gigs apiece 

A lot of the updates are replacing files, not adding brand new ones to the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Had a great time playing Warzone with a Beyond fireteam last night. @@Hard Way @@Mythik Nick @ @@Sitri @@MATCLAN

Unfortunately I couldn't call in any REQs for my last six games. 343 plz. Fix this. Scavenging for weapons is fun for about 5 minutes, then level 3 REQs become available and you start getting melted by rifles while you're still stuck with this so called "utility" weapon.

Still, fun times were had, thanks for the games guys 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to spartan charge I go.

I'm going to be singing this in my head before every spartan charge now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you penalized if you hard close the Halo 5 app, instead of just exiting the match in game?

Dashboarding in the pregame lobby seems not to result in a quitban, only quitting in game.

Its strange how when H5 released the servers were godly and now I notice issues more often than I used to on P2P connections. Great "improvements." Pretty much every game has someone skipping around somewhere for a bit.

My first Killionaire in H5, also proof the H2 BR is only for noobs:

• Upvote (+1) 7

My first Killionaire in H5, also proof the H2 BR is only for noobs:

You seem to really like the reload button.

• Upvote (+1) 1