CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think Grifball Hub are in talks to remove Ground Pound and Spartan Charge from their leagues.

I don't think Ground Pound is particular damaging. Although, I'm no Grifball expert.

What's more damaging to Grifball is what's damaging to Halo 5 in general. The melees drop about 30% of the time, lunging is just ridiculous, and every other kill is a trade. I don't know how they can fix this.

Since you said you've modded Halo 3 I'm curious before how fast were the projectiles in Halo 3 in comparison to Halo 1's?

CE is 300 world units per second. H3's Battle Rifle was 180 world units per second.

180 world units is 1800 feet, divide that by the 30 ticks a second rate, you 60 feet a tick. So that's the BR's hitscan range.

Halo 1: 100 feet
Halo 3: 60 feet

Fun fact. Hitscan is achieved by taking a projectile's velocity and just buffing the fuck out of it. You can see this in Halo 2's values if you have h2vista and the unlocked editor

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think Grifball Hub are in talks to remove Ground Pound and Spartan Charge from their leagues.

A community that knows what they want. God Bless them. If only we as a competitive community could do the same.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

snip

Amazing stuff. I think this should get it's own thread. 

Are you able to get into the specifics of the aiming system and why Halo 5's is total garbage? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks spartan charge is literally demon spawn cancerous bullshit?

For me easily the most broken thing in the game, I have friends who don't play because of it.

Amazing stuff. I think this should get it's own thread. 

Are you able to get into the specifics of the aiming system and why Halo 5's is total garbage? 

My Xbox is in the shop and I haven't booted the game up in forever, so I can't compare the two right now. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

I'm just some scrub anyway, I'm not really all that good at any of the games. 45 in h3 lone wolves :(

I'm curious what others of the community think about this concept:

I just want a Halo game that challenges me to think on the same level as chess does.

Moreover, I don't always want to play Chess, sometimes I want to play checkers or something even more mindless/simpler than checkers.

I think social playlists come into play when you're in a state of mind of not giving a fuck and just want to be entertained or socialize with other Halo gamers.

A core Halo game should be just as challenging as Chess is.

Thoughts?

Instead we have a game that's more like hungry hippos.

At this point, Sprint isn't our greatest worry anymore. It's nowhere near as detrimental as it used to be.

No, it's still #1.

Is CSR/rank stuck for anyone else? The last few days no matter if I win or lose my CSR does not budge (while others in the game go up or down appropriately). This is happening on my main account as can be seen here in my last 5 or so games http://halo5arena.com/match/9d333861-d5f2-4f74-b8dc-11853a6f25a8/tversky-tricks?timeplayed=2016-02-27 ,but not on an alternate account I have. If anyone knows what is going on or how to fix it I would be much appreciative.

Is CSR/rank stuck for anyone else? The last few days no matter if I win or lose my CSR does not budge (while others in the game go up or down appropriately). This is happening on my main account as can be seen here in my last 5 or so games http://halo5arena.com/match/9d333861-d5f2-4f74-b8dc-11853a6f25a8/tversky-tricks?timeplayed=2016-02-27 ,but not on an alternate account I have. If anyone knows what is going on or how to fix it I would be much appreciative.

I seen a couple people here have the same problem. There's currently no fix that I know of atm and nobody knows why it's happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, it's still #1.

Thruster? Spartan charge? 5sk magnum?

Sprint is ALWAYS an issue; just not like it used to be.

If you don't mind, point me in the direction of one game franchise which was released recently which has significantly one upped the previous game in content because I'm struggling to think of one.

Blops 3

• Upvote (+1) 5

Am I the only one who thinks spartan charge is literally demon spawn cancerous bullshit?

For me easily the most broken thing in the game, I have friends who don't play because of it.

Have you NOT heard my bitching on it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

sprint is still the ability that causes the most damage, pacing issues, poor map design, randomness, generic-ness. All those things you listed are problems for sure, I still think sprint is still the worst of the worst.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Sprint is what makes Spartan Charge capable. And Sprint is far and beyond worse than Thruster or the 5 shot pistol.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If you're gonna run in 3s at least have the decency to inv the 4th to the party or get out of your party. So irritating.

Sprint takes halo from a game that blends movement and combat to a game that has separate movement and combat. It's such a huge difference maker. Sprint will always be the #1 issue plaguing halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sprint isn't just sprint this time. It's sprint+thrust+clamber that all combine to wreck the flow like regular sprint used to. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thrust/Charge and Sprint is one of the reasons that made me quit playing Halo 5 in the first place. I thought it would be okay since every has it but after playing it for a while, you realize it really isn't.

CE is 300 world units per second. H3's Battle Rifle was 180 world units per second.

180 world units is 1800 feet, divide that by the 30 ticks a second rate, you 60 feet a tick. So that's the BR's hitscan range.

Halo 1: 100 feet

Halo 3: 60 feet

Fun fact. Hitscan is achieved by taking a projectile's velocity and just buffing the fuck out of it. You can see this in Halo 2's values if you have h2vista and the unlocked editor

Just a small thing. Hitscan and an instant projectile are not the same thing. A hitscan weapon actually performs a trace in the world from one point to another and checks for collision. No object (the projectile) is ever created. Though in Halo most, if not all, "hitscan" weapons are instant projectiles.