CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/47nbua/honestly_the_only_mechanic_in_halo_5_i_truly_hate/

Here's the an /r/halo thread regarding spartan charge.

Phrases of interest:

very low potential rewards with high risk

The spartan charge is an intentional nerf to sprinting melees

Too many times have I seen a spartan just sprint at me as I shoot them down effortlessly and watch their bodies slide to my feet. Some people over commit to the charge and just don't know when to correctly use it.

Looks like Reddit has seriously let you down there lol. Their reasoning is... questionable. It's a lost cause.

Spartan charge breaks Grifball badly. Goodness.

I think Grifball Hub are in talks to remove Ground Pound and Spartan Charge from their leagues.

I think Grifball Hub are in talks to remove Ground Pound and Spartan Charge from their leagues.

Well I hope for the sake of their community that they remove it. I can't even imagine trying to play Grifball competitively with these abilities.

Tell that to the maps

I've had the opportunity to play the maps with Sprint off, and they play fine with or without it. I'll gladly take this over Armor Lock and Jetpack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this point, Sprint isn't our greatest worry anymore. It's nowhere near as detrimental as it used to be.

I would agree with this.

I think the detrimental portion of this game is the lack of a true utility set of starting weapons.

The AR's effective range is too far...period.

The magnum against  all rifles is simply too weak, it needs to be tested at a 4-shot kill.

While I respect a lower sticky-aim on any FPS console game, the lack of sticky-aim in regards to the pistol in this game is borderline bad.

For some reason, my conspiracy mind is coming out thinking, 343 intentionally made the pistol be really low sticky-aim and then couple that with the 5sk to kill a single opponent, on purpose to rewind back to the accessibility factor. I'm hoping some people here get what I'm trying to say.

I dislike spartan charge. Don't mind ground pound

I dislike spartan charge. Don't mind ground pound

Ground Pound/Hammer Jumping is pretty skill based for Grifball. I'm fine with Charge in Arena but it can be pretty gimmicky in Grifball

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ground Pound/Hammer Jumping is pretty skill based for Grifball. I'm fine with Charge in Arena but it can be pretty gimmicky in Grifball

No way to counter it and 90% of the time you're going to get a kill with it. Needs to go

I find it ironic now how in Halo 2 Cortana says "If I were a megalomaniac, and I'm not, thats where I'd be." BUT SHE IS ONE NOW. AHAHA.

I'm curious what others of the community think about this concept:

I just want a Halo game that challenges me to think on the same level as chess does.

Moreover, I don't always want to play Chess, sometimes I want to play checkers or something even more mindless/simpler than checkers.

I think social playlists come into play when you're in a state of mind of not giving a fuck and just want to be entertained or socialize with other Halo gamers.

A core Halo game should be just as challenging as Chess is.

Thoughts?

The increased jump height when holding the ball allows you to ground pound from a single jump off the ground. 

It just guarantees the user a cap with literally no counter. It's not skill-based at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The increased jump height when holding the ball allows you to ground pound from a single jump off the ground. 

It just guarantees the user a cap with literally no counter. It's not skill-based at all.

Oh I was only thinking about it from the offensive standpoint. We have separate carrier traits so yeah, Ball Carrier should have GP disabled, but normal players can keep it.

I'm curious what others of the community think about this concept:

I just want a Halo game that challenges me to think on the same level as chess does.

Moreover, I don't always want to play Chess, sometimes I want to play checkers or something even more mindless/simpler than checkers.

I think social playlists come into play when you're in a state of mind of not giving a fuck and just want to be entertained or socialize with other Halo gamers.

A core Halo game should be just as challenging as Chess is.

Thoughts?

NrWZX0W.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

I work 40-50 hours a week, when I get home from a 9 hour day, I just want to unwind. I can't help my college hockey competitive spirit goes into gear and I'm primed to play a competitive shooter...and when it comes to Halo, I want perfection in regards to competitive play..

LITERALLY ME PLAYING ASSAULT

They're all playing Grifball, but I've been playing Assault for years

I won't lie. This is definitely me when I play Halo.

You've been playing team slayer but I've been playing Warzone for years

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm entirely serious in that I don't expect a game made in 2015 on a superior console to not have less content than one made in 2007.

If you don't mind, point me in the direction of one game franchise which was released recently which has significantly one upped the previous game in content because I'm struggling to think of one.

If you don't mind, point me in the direction of one game franchise which was released recently which has significantly one upped the previous game in content because I'm struggling to think of one.

Is this supposed to be a joke?

H1 up to Reach? You know, the franchise in fucking question?

If you wanted 'recently', then CSGO.

• Upvote (+1) 5