CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I do like halo 5 when I do get the chance to play but fuck me Spartan charge has to be the worst thing since armor lock, it makes me rage more than it should

I hate how it can reward a player for being caught blindly sprinting around the map, makes me rage when they have an AR to finish me off too...

I mean it looks cool but it somehow looks worse than the original. I don't see why they went with a high-res and updated model for the H2 BR and then 180'd that and used a low-res model for the CE Pistol.

because Lemon would complain  :holmes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/47nbua/honestly_the_only_mechanic_in_halo_5_i_truly_hate/

Here's the an /r/halo thread regarding spartan charge.

Phrases of interest:

very low potential rewards with high risk

The spartan charge is an intentional nerf to sprinting melees

Too many times have I seen a spartan just sprint at me as I shoot them down effortlessly and watch their bodies slide to my feet. Some people over commit to the charge and just don't know when to correctly use it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You cant possibly be serious and expect each game to one up the previous game in content? Especially with the way AAA games are being developed these days (way more expensive and time consuming).

Because by 1 month after release, there was just as much content in Halo 5 as there was in Halo 3. I'm assuming you're talking from a Firefight POV? Were getting that soon as well. Fact is we are getting more content from 343 post launch (for free) than we have ever gotten from Bungie.

I'm entirely serious in that I don't expect a game made in 2015 on a superior console to not have less content than one made in 2007.

It really isn't.

Skip every cutscene and run past half the encounters then maybe.

I finished legendary in I think like 10 hours or so (that's what H5 says, don't know if that's purely gametime or if that includes cutscenes, which I watch). If I played it again on Normal, I'd beat it in 4 hours or less.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/47nbua/honestly_the_only_mechanic_in_halo_5_i_truly_hate/

Here's the an /r/halo thread regarding spartan charge.

Phrases of interest:

very low potential rewards with high risk

The spartan charge is an intentional nerf to sprinting melees

Too many times have I seen a spartan just sprint at me as I shoot them down effortlessly and watch their bodies slide to my feet. Some people over commit to the charge and just don't know when to correctly use it.

If we were talking about beta spartan charge, this would be absolutely correct. I still agree with the second point.

Take off the lunge / lock on and it's an actual situational offensive ability.

Spartan with the Cherry Blue Master Race switches. 

Music to my ears.

If we were talking about beta spartan charge, this would be absolutely correct. I still agree with the second point.

Take off the lunge / lock on and it's an actual situational offensive ability.

lmao the lock on is riddiculous, especially when it follows people who are on higher ground and you magically fucking levitate in the air.

Why's it still pitch black?

I edited the video and screenshots, they have filters that make it look really dark. It's much much brighter in game :)

I edited the video and screenshots, they have filters that make it look really dark. It's much much brighter in game :)

Have so many damn filters on there it puts your average white girl's instagram to shame
  • Upvote (+1) 1